Why, hello there!

K

Kinoko

Original poster
Hello there! (:

My name is Ciera, but I've decided to go by Kinoko (mushroom in Japanese!). You can call me pretty much whatever you like. C: I'm a seventeen-year-old high school senior in southern California, and I've been roleplaying for the past few years of my life.

I've role-played everything from humans to supernaturals, but my most recent roleplaying world obsession was... warrior cats. I've become accustomed to RPing on a one-universe site that was quite large (and quite centered on felines), but because of college applications and the like was forced to take a hiatus. Unfortunately, I was overwhelmed by all of the change and decided it would be best that I just hang around out of character. Either way, I'm eager to get back into roleplaying! ;u; I miss being part of a community and collaborating with others. It'll be quite a transition for me to go from roleplaying cats to roleplaying humans... but writing about humans was where I started out, after all!

A bit about me... I'm a pretty big geek. Among my obsessions are various anime: Hetalia, Kyoukai no Kanata, SNK, Kill La Kill, InuYasha (blast from the past), etc. I love musical theatre, video games (Skyrim, Pokémon, any Square Enix games, so on so forth), roleplaying (whelp, you don't say?), and maaaany books. u__u I love books. You're basically creating a movie in your head. That's kind of amazing. My music taste is pretty broad. I like indie rock, rock, punk, and anything related to those genres!

As for my hobbies, I enjoy creative writing, coding, and messing around on GIMP/Photoshop. I'm definitely not the most artistic person, buuuut I try my best. I speak four languages: English being my primary language, followed by Spanish, Japanese, and, finally, Mandarin Chinese. I also speak conversational French, but even the term "conversational" is kind of a stretch. uwu

After being on quite a few roleplay sites, I have learned that introduction threads are usually something you cringe at later on. n___n But it's cool to look back and see how you integrated yourself into a new community! It's great to be here, and I'm really hoping I can get back into roleplaying, as this site seems very welcoming and fun. 83

Last edited by a moderator:
Well welcome Clara!! *cough* I mean Kinoko to Iwaku I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Thanks, Greedy Donuts. (: Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet ya too!

Welcome welcome~
I'm conversational in French, too~ (Also, I apparently sound like a native French speaker...coming from a native French speaker).
Do you like gypsy punk? (Gogol Bordello being the biggest in the genre, but there is quite a variety)
Do you like tabletop RPGs? Specifically Houses of the Blooded, Numenera, or Shadowrun (4e; I don't know 5e well enough yet)?

Hallo Kinoko, welcome to the community! :D

*waves kindly and smiles* hey there newbie. I am Hiroki Shoma. Welcome to Iwaku! *Hands you a golden card with my name and information on it* if you want a friend or just simply want to Roleplay, let me know.

Hello. I see that you like Hetalia. Maybe we could set up a Hetalia roleplay?

Hello and welcome! Yay, another semi conversational in french person!
Enjoy your stay, da?