Why do you always say that?

October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
Preferred Character Gender
Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
What words do you ALWAYS use, or feel you over use?

I say 'Dude' and 'Hella' too much. I blame it on being raised in Northern California, near the beach, where everyone calls everyone else dude all the time.

"This thread is Hella cool dude!"

What about you?

O

Ochalla

I'm going to have to think about this. While I am sure there are certain repetitions in my vocabulary that are unnecessary I can't think of what they are at the moment.

E

Elyd

"Awesome". I don't even know what to replace it with! I made sure not to pick up "Hella" as a Northern Californian (somehow), but I really need to get this word out of my vocabulary.

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Female
prolly

and

SWEET

and

lately... BANANAS.

I

Iliana

"Awesome". I don't even know what to replace it with! I made sure not to pick up "Hella" as a Northern Californian (somehow), but I really need to get this word out of my vocabulary.

LEGIT.
i am always saying "awesome." all the time. and in different forms, also.
awesomeness. awestacular. awesomable.

Blind Hemingway

A former executive or something.
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Well I don't talk much in the real world...So in text format...Lol, Nice, and indeed.

H

Hartke

I didn't even realize this was a part of my region's accent till I moved, but I say "Right" a lot. As in right instead of the word very. An example: That's right sweet! Or, Damn, that woman was right the bitch. I also, like a lot of people, say like a lot (usually as a filler in conversation). I also say I'm either popping in or popping off when I arrive/leave. No idea where that came from.

S

Sarah

"Like" which is something I spent years poking fun at the kids in Palm Harbor for; now it just comes out of my mouth without my thinking. I'm blaming it on overexposure.

"True" is my answer for just about everything. I just change my tone of speaking and it can mean anything from "I completely agree." to "I think you're a waste of human life."
I picked that one up from my stoner buddies, and just don't have the will to drop it.

Also, a couple of profane words that really shouldn't be used in polite conversation.

S

Stacisaur

Sup. Pro. NO ME GUSTA. Eeeeeee. NO. Yah. "WTF?" "Lawl" Eeeeh. Whaaaaaa. Stellar.
And prob more.. o.o

F

Fluffy

I have quite a few things I say everyday, actually. Aside from the usual curse words of 'fuck', 'shit', 'motherfucker' and 'fucking fuck'. :P I say those A LOT while I'm gaming, in addition to 'die', 'kill' and 'loser'...

Shuckee darn, tarter sauce, cool beans, the bee's knees, damn/darn skippy... I exclaim those often enough, which make people lol half the time. I also overuse the word 'like', courtesy of a childhood hero named Shaggy. I also say adorbes and totes because those words tickle me. lolol

S

Silas

Sup, yo, cool beans, sweet, awesome, whatevs. Part of living where I do in Michigan and also the people I hang out with.

T

TheFoxMaiden

"Imma ghost, ghost, ghost." I love the movie how high. Just gets stuck in my head, and "I feel it." Just simple response to acknowledge i was listening to a conversation.

K

Kitti

In text... Lovely. It seems weird, but I say lovely a lot.
In person, I tend to use " 'Course" too much. It's like... instead of saying "You're welcome", I generally dismiss it with " 'Course".
I do not know why.