Why did I eat that?

K

Kitti

What is the grossest thing you've eaten (that was intended for consumption!)? Something you took a bite of and made that face, maybe had to choke down that bite (or spit it out).​

Every order of Domino's I've made ever.

WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF.

I was at this yakitori place in Japan, and everything they had was so delicious. They even had whale and horse sashimi (which was also delicious). Anyway we were... having a fun night out or celebrating something, I don't remember, so we were basically ordering one of everything.

And I came across this fish on a stick and I don't remember what it was called but I was like it is probably awesome like everything else, so I ordered it.

It was the literal fish on a stick. You know, the one where they don't scale it or anything. It's just, the whole body, eyes, fins, and all, grilled on a stick.
I... I couldn't do it. =[

I mean, I like, took a nibble.. But the scales were... auugh
I'm sure it tasted fine but I couldn't get past the whole, presentation. And texture.

Other than that, Jello.
I really hate Jello. For similar reasons. It shouldn't move like that. And the texture is just slimy and gross.

Octopus at a sushi place. It was horrible, like eating slime covered rubber. I'm not sure why I chose it-- guess I felt daring. I've never regretted anything more.

I took a bite of what I thought was a cookie. It was a weird freaking new agey veggie cookie or something... I literally spat it out of my mouth. Not even bothering with my hand. Crumbs flew in every direction and walked away shell shocked by the awful tasted. If I don't like something, I usually just grab a napkin. But that time it was so bad I just didn't care enough to not make a mess.

Also a hotdog. I'm revolted by the taste of hot dog meat. A small anecdote of my childhood is that I wanted to belong so I ate hot dog buns with just mayo and ketchup. :(

Reactions: LunaValentine
I got a weird one and it's intended for consumption since I bought it from a store. I had a bagel with butter AND Cream Cheese on it. Alone, these two things are fine.... but together, man, together they taste weird and don't settle well in the stomach. Only combo I would never try again.

S
U
S
H
I

I
S

S
A
T
A
N
'
S

F
O
O
D

Was in Japan during spring break, and on my last day, for some reason, decided to try Takoyaki while waiting around the airport (Narita).

Let's just say my tastebuds were shooketh and not in a good way. Could not get it down for the life of me.

All the food up until then was amazing though!

Sprite.
I know it's weird, but about five years back I got a sprite that didn't have sprite syrup, just fizzy water, and that just made me want to wretch and throw up. To top it off I was in a full van and it was peak summer afternoon hours, and no escape, we were on a highway during rush hour... No Bueno. I don't even like Club Soda or Sparkling water, it reminds me too much of Bromo Seltzer and that's a whole other traumatic childhood experience. o_o" Nowadays if I even taste a sip of Sprite, the same nauseating feeling gets to me.

Along with that, I'd have to say grape leaf rolls, or dolma as they're called. Not my thang.

Coffee.

Also had this cookie once, it tasted like a fish. Like the scaly part.

I am forever haunted by my first experience with black licorice. I was in 3rd grade. It was bear Xmas break and a kid had made us dessert the shape of snowmen. I remember the rest of it being good but I ate the black licorice hat first. I had no time to brace myself. I learned that day that I really don't like black licorice.

I ordered calamari at Olive Garden once, and it wasn't too horrible, aside from that rubbery texture and the feeling of chewing an eraser, until the suction cup got stuck to the roof of my mouth, WAY IN THE BACK. I could not get it loose and it was gagging me like crazy. I was trying to get up from the table but ended up not being fast enough and threw up all over my plate. Needless to say, I've never felt brave enough to try it again.

When I was really REALLY poor in college I used to eat uncooked / unseasoned tofu like, out of the container. Eventually my roommate's mother found out and she went and bought one of those 50 count boxes of ramen and brought it in like "I don't know you, but please, PLEase eat something else." And she gave me the entire thing.

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue
Chef Boyardee brand mac-and-cheese.

It comes in a can. And you microwave it.

It doesn't taste like cheese. And the noodles don't feel like noodles.

It tasted more like the regular ravioli-type stuff that Chef Boyardee is more well-known for than it tasted like mac-and-cheese. Which I think just goes to show just how little it tasted like anything, really.

Overall, it didn't really taste like food. Or feel like food.

I don't know what exactly I put into my body that night, but it wasn't food.

It felt more like I was eating... sadness, and regret.

but I was hungry and had few other options and didn't want to waste anything. soooo.

ALSO IT KIND OF TIPPED ITSELF OVER IN THE MICROWAVE AND GOT FAKE CHEESE SLIME EVERYWHERE so yeah that was fun to clean up.

Ugh. Sardines. The canned kind. So so gross. So wrong.

Anything that's gross I either like or just eat without any changes to my behavior.

Someone once gave me chocolate-coated strawberries which I ended up spitting out—something I normally don't do unless it's really that bad. Same thing happened after I (reluctantly) tried some mochi. I can't stand marshmallows either. It sounds tame, but anything too sweet and/or spongy is a no-go for me.

A fish's eye in China,,,, what a mistake

there is not much real taste but,, the texture tho,,, literally how you can imagine biting into an eyeball

*pop*

Pretty much all alcoholic beverages make me gag. Food-wise, it's gotta be mushrooms.

One year at Passover, my parents decided that I was allowed to have wine, and I I felt like I was drinking moldy socks in liquid form. Ever since I've been firmly soured on every form of alcohol. The only other thing I can think of that might top that was when someone (either my mother or brother, not sure now who) accidentally dropped a closed bottle of acne treatment into a pan of baked oatmeal. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that any had actually leaked into it until we ate it.