Who am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirage wasn't really used to someone of such a high status bowing to her. A prince shouldn't bow to someone from a farmers family. Her cheeks turned slightly red again and she was fast up on her feet. When she would have gotten off the death trap called a dress then maybe she would be able to think a bit more clearly over the situation.

She went back to the room she had been put in before, some servants had followed her mostly to show the way if she couldn't remember but also because they were ordered to take care of her. Some maids started to pull out dresses and clothing's one after another and showed Mirage to try making her take on something 'decent', but she rejected the most of the clothes they were showing her. In the end she asked them to leave the room so she could just choose clothes herself and then get dressed. The suggestion almost came as a chock to the maids, the princess had always accepted their help and she had never even got dressed by herself before. But after some 'if' and 'but' she were finally able to get them out.

There were some clothes that she actually thought were decent in the closet even though those maids probably would have another opinion about her taste in clothes. But she still didn't feel absolutely comfortable with them. She would be able to ride in them and it would be much smoother to move but still they were a bit too bright colored. If the servants hadn't taken away her clothes when she changed then she would have put them on again, but now they were probably thrown away.

Then she noticed something in the back of the closet, it was a brown clothing that almost became invisible in the inner part of the dark closet. Almost the same color as her old outfit but a different, more expensive material. It would fit for hunting because it gave camouflage in the forest, especially in the dark, and it would be easy to move in it which would make it easy to ride or run or fight in it. Of course the maids wouldn't show it to her, it looked like commoners clothes, it had a boring color and was not appealing at all. Perfect for someone like her.

She fast changed into it and braided her hair so that it wouldn't get in the way if the wind got too strong. Then she walked out just to almost go into a man and two women that stood outside, a servant and two maids. She could see in one of the maids eyes that she wanted to pull Mirage back into the room and change her clothes but of course she wouldn't be able to do that. The servant showed Mirage the way to prince Raerek and on their way there he looked at her clothes many times. It wasn't something he had ever thought the princess would ever wear if she wouldn't have to hide her identity.

The prince smiled sweetly, trying to ignore the fact that she was wearing something so drab. Even so, she still looked adorable, which for him was an embarrassing thought. Rearek tried to look away, but his eyes were stuck on Mirage, watching her as she walked to the stables. He followed her, wanting so badly to just hold her in his arms like he had before. He managed to pull his eyes off her female form and open up the stables, swinging the wide barn doors open to reveal the inside. </SPAN></SPAN>

The horses were tucked neatly in their pens, all cleaned and smelling lightly of hay and fresh feed. Rearek walked over to his stallion, which was a dark chestnut color with a large patch of white on its upper quarter. He patted the steads face gently, running his hand over its head and neck. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Which horse would you like to use?"</SPAN></SPAN>

Mirage walked into the stables with the prince and got a bit chocked when it looked pretty much exactly like she had imagined it to look. A feeling of deja vu swept over her, as if she had been there before. But that was impossible.

As he asked her which horse she would like to use she started to walk around. Most people would either choose the horse that looked the strongest or they assumed were the fastest or youngest, mostly people would look for the horse whom had the best discipline. Mirage liked challenges, so riding a horse that were a bit more wild were more fun than a disciplined horse.

She watched the horses reaction when she passed them, the once that were much more new to humans and the once that didn't like to let humans close to them would back away as fast as she got close. But maybe they would only have disciplined horses in the palace, it wouldn't be surprising if the horses were trained somewhere else and then got taken to the palace if they thought they were good enough for it.

Then she stopped, she watched the young white horse as it backed a little bit unlike the other horses who tried to get closer to smell her. "This one." She said knowing perfectly well that it was a wild horse that must have gotten there newly and still weren't used to humans. They could get dangerous, but she had been riding wild horses before with her brother.

"Are you sure?" He cocked an eyebrow at her curiously, wondering why she took so long to pick a horse. "Is there something special about that one?" He tried his hardest not to smile, knowing the princess would have picked the same one. There was something about a challenge that she would always stubbornly gravitate towards, he always wondered why but he cherished every quirk she had. </SPAN></SPAN>

"If that's the one you want, then that's the one you'll have" He shrugged his shoulders and readied his horse, then walked over to the barn shelf, grabbing a saddle appropriate for her size. "I assume you know how to do this" He didn't bother waiting for a response, handing the equipment to her and mounting up. He patted his stead on the neck, waiting for her.</SPAN></SPAN>

Mirage took the equipment he handed her and she started to prepare the horse. "Yes, he's special. Wild horses are always faster than those raised in stables even though it's harder to make them let you ride them." She said as she made sure the saddle were fastened properly. She noticed that the horse were really uncomfortable with her so close but so far he didn't really try to get her away from him. It would probably be worse once she tried to sit up on him.

She made sure to be very careful with every movement she did so that she wouldn't scare the horse or make him angry, but even though she were careful she did it pretty fast. She also whispered calming words to the horse and patted it gently now and then while putting on the equipment, that would calm him down and probably make him trust her more easily. Animals could easily feel how a human were feeling, if they were afraid, moved to quickly or weren't calm then the animal would know and could get upset and attack. So as long as she could stay calm then the animal would also stay calm.

She climb up at the horses back and when he started to move when she almost were up then she stopped and just patted him for a second so he would calm down. As he calmed down she proceeded to get up on his back. If any other person would have tried they would probably hadn't considered that a wild horse had to get another treatment than human raised horses, which would mean that the horse would try to get them off of them as fast as possible.

"Sorry it took such a time. So, where are we going?" She asked him once she was certain that the horse wouldn't run wild. If she had been at home she would already be out of the stables and see how fast the horse could run, but she didn't know the place she were in at all so she wouldn't be able to find her way anywhere.

"I suggest a run through the hunting grounds, what do you think?" He smiled charmingly, waiting for her answer. He was impressed with how she handled the young stallion, who had not yet been broken for traditional riding. She had a thing for horses it seemed. </SPAN></SPAN>

Raerek clicked his tongue and pushed his feet back, motioning for his horse to begin at a good trot. The horse whinnied slightly, clopping out of the barn and toward the hunting ground, which was around the back of the castle. Everything they ate was caught from this forest, unless it was something his father had especially shipped in, exotic or otherwise. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Are you any good with a bow?" He asked curiously, as they passed he weapons cart, looking of the hardwood bows used by his father's hunting party.</SPAN></SPAN>

Mirage nodded at his proposal, if she got to see the hunting grounds then she could get there on her own next time she wanted to hunt. She just had to see a place once to remember the way. She followed Raerek in the same speed as he kept, no one of them talked before they came to the weapons.

She looked at him a bit surprised when he mentioned bows, mostly because no other person than her brother had ever even thought about talking about or giving her a weapon. Especially not people that knew that she like things like that. After all, it wasn't something a girl should be using.

"Good? That's a bit of an insult your majesty, I'm far better than good." She said jokefully but with a small tone of seriousness.

"Please, call me Rearek…" The prince smiled, dismounting from his horse and grabbing a couple bows and quivers, throwing one of each to Mirage. "You know, I thought you would be a sportswoman" He chuckled, getting back into the saddle after putting the weapon over his shoulder securely. He continued heading toward the hunting grounds, going under the large stone archway that separated the castle from the wild, flourishing forest.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I think that's great, my mother was quite the huntress herself in her youth" </SPAN></SPAN>

Mirage were able to catch the bow and the quiver without much effort, even though the horse started moving a bit worried because of her sudden movement. But she were able to calm him down fast. "Okay, I'll call you Raerek, at least when we aren't around other people. I don't want people to get the wrong idea and think that I'm the princess, but I guess that's too late now."

She followed him and listened as he talked, she were very astonished when he told her that his mother had been a huntress. Mirage had never thought that a queen, or maybe she had been a princess at that time, would have even known how to hunt. But of course information like that would never get out to normal people because it would seem weird if a woman hunted especially one from the royal family. Or maybe people knew but didn't talk about it because they wanted to keep women as the pure, cute beings that only took care of their kids and families.

"I think women should do more things that guys do instead of accepting the role that society has given them. I were mostly lucky that my brother actually didn't agree with my parents way of looking at women. If he had then I wouldn't have been able to learn how to do anything 'manly', and I would probably never have even thought about starting to hunt and I would probably be married by now." She told him. If she or other women had known about the queen being a huntress then more women would probably try to hunt because they respected the queen and wanted to learn what she could. A lot of people worked like that, many people wanted to be like the people in higher societies.

Status
Not open for further replies.