Where all my aspiring authors at?

Are you an aspiring author? What's your jam!

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
My ultimate life goal is to publish a series of novels that illicit STRONG FEELINGS and have a crazy obsessive fanbase. I don't care if I am the next Terry Pratchett, J.K. Rowling, or Stephenie Meyer, I would just *love* to be able to publish a complete story that gives people that kind of joy. I don't even care if I make millions, I just want to feed off the fanfictions and the arguments about canon content. (⊙◇◉) It'd be like running Iwaku but x1000!

Unfortunately, my self discipline and writing habits aren't great, BUT WHATEVER, I'M SLOWLY WORKING TOWARDS THAT GOAL.

I know that A LOT of roleplayers are also aspiring authors! ⊙◇⊙ Roleplaying is probably one of the absolute best ways of practicing the craft. It's exercising your imagination, your story building, and your technical skills all at once.

Are you also an aspiring author? What are YOUR dreams and goals for you future work?

I don't have a longing to pursue writing as a trade, but I've long heard the saying that goes, more or less, "we all have a book inside us", and I would like to one day write that sumbitch into existence.

I am also an avid follower of football (soccer) and basketball, with a particular interest in tactics and sports analytics - and their ongoing evolution-, and would like to dabble with some side writing projects related to those.

• Love
Reactions: Navuso and Diana
I'd be happy seeing my current campaign as GM go on for a few years. Maybe compile it at some point into a single work with all credit going to my players. That would be pretty nice.

Reactions: Diana
I mostly like being an ideas guy, but everyone else is too so that's as far as I've gotten.

Ive mulled over becoming a transcriptionist for several months. Mainly to allow me the chance to support myself by working from home doing something Im decent at. Writing.

I don't have the ambition to be a published author, or write full-time. I just want to write and share, hopefully inspire, excite or ruse some feelings and above all become better as I go on.

One of my current goals is to write a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure of my own, complete with multiple endings and different choices to make. I just need to figure out a style I'm comfortable with and a story.

I write novels! ^-^ I'm querying one right now, actually.

I would eventually love to write a novel. I've had an idea for a young adult fantasy novel that's been kicking around for a few years, but my life has been so tumultuous that I haven't really had the opportunity (or motivation or discipline let's be real) to do anything about it. One day hopefully!

I hope to write a novel in the future. In the meantime, I've enjoyed writing short stories and putting them out for critique.

I'd love to get a horror piece out there. Maybe an anthology. But it seems like it's the hardest genre to get anywhere with.

It'd be nice to even get a niche audience though.

I've also had a action/sci-fi idea I've been kicking around for years. Perhaps it is more palatable.

I'd like to write at least one book. So that I could hand my parents a book with my name on it. So they can be proud.

I would love to publish a novel series that has a crazy fanbase too. That's all of the approval I need!

I'd love to get a novel published one day! I've had a sci-fi/fantasy idea kicking around in my head for quite awhile, but I don't have the patience (or discipline) to write a full length novel right now - plus my life has been rather hectic and stressful for the last couple years, which just kills my motivation. Hopefully things'll start calming down soon and I can try again, but for now I'm happy just writing short pieces set in that world when the urge hits.

• Love
Reactions: Diana and Navuso
I got into Roleplaying because my siblings and I would create these fantastic and fun characters, and then throw them into a crazy world in a word document on the family computer. From there, I slipped into Roleplaying, but I never really had the desire to be a writer then. I didn't give much thought to publishing a story or writing something epic to read until rather recently.

While I don't want it super bad, not to the point that I'm actually working on anything concrete anyway, I would LOVE if something I've written were to become a big hit! I'm writing on my own and exploring my ideas more and more every day, so who knows? Maybe one day I'll be crazy enough to try!

There should be another thing on that poll.

I want to write anything, everything, all the time!!

My brain is seriously hyperactive and my little 'friends' are always clamoring for attention and to be included in whatever I toss at them. That said, I have been working on two separate series of books for the past two years. I LOVE my people and the way their stories are playing out but like all aspiring authors I often wonder if anyone else will fall in love with them too. Hopefully I'll be able to overcome my inner demons and draw up enough courage to send them somewhere. Until then...I will write with anyone who will have me. **HINT HINT>>>HIT ME UP**

HELLO I AM AM A PERSON WHO WANTS TO WRITE THE NOVELS AND CON SOME FUCKERS INTO PAYING FOR THE PRIVILEGE.

Mostly I've stuck to short stories of late, however, since I'm a lazy bastard who can't commit to difficult projects.

You can read some of said short stories here, by the by. Cos fuck yeah, self promotion.

i feel like im not often thinking about writing a book tbf ?? i suck at planning, writing without a partner and i don't have the interest or dedication lmao.

But !! I have begun writing short cinema scenes??? As I've said before I'm much more about the cinematography and the in-depth of a character through describing visuals. So I think I might like to write storyboards and film scenes ???