When Midnight Strikes - Madman's Mansion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I was being shaken. And shaken. It felt like my body would fall apart.

Something was clamping my shoulder.

I was shaken again.

Is this what it was like to be eaten?

My eyes popped open.

Eeeeeeeep!

The sound came squeaking out of my mouth.

And the policeman grinned.

"Hey, come on, you kids, it's all over now..."

The police? Where was the cat?

I shivered. Then I shuddered.

Had Chang changed himself into the police? No! Don't be crazy, I told myself.

"Where are we?" asked Kwan, rubbing his eyes. "W-w-what happened to us?"

"You were knocked out," explained a second policeman, kneeling down to help Charmaine and Kwan to their feet.

"H-h-how?" I asked, in my own normal voice.

The first policeman looked serious. "There was a lightning strike, just a few feet away from you."

I tried to think back. I could remember the lightning. How blinding it had been. How the ground had shook.

It seemed like ages ago. So much had happened.

"It was very close," the policeman told us. "Look..."

He pointed to a blackened tree, split down the middle. The ground was all scorched around it.

"You were very lucky it didn't hit you, you know," he nodded. "That's why it's very dangerous to hide under trees in an electrical storm."

I staggered to my feet. The storm had passed. The sun was out again. Our bikes were leaning against a bush, gleaming wet but undamaged.

"But you're safe now," the policeman smiled. "Someone rang us from the mall and told us some kids went into these trees. That's how we found you."

"Are you going to p-p-put us in gaol?" asked Charmaine, almost in tears.

The policeman laughed. "No. We're just going to put you in our car and drive you home. Come on..."

"B-b-but the old house," I stammered.

The two policemen looked at each other, then back at me.

"There's no old house any more," one of them said. "It was pulled down years ago..."

A lightning strike had knocked us unconscious? Maybe that's what had happened. No old house? Maybe it had been pulled down.

But that still doesn't explain everything...

Because, to this very day, Kwan will never eat cheese again. And Charmaine is terrified of milk.

And as for me...

Well, don't tell anyone, but, every night at midnight, I creep into Dad's bathroom...

And get his razor...

And scrape away at the little grey hairs that keep growing on top of my feet.

END

Next time, on When Midnight Strikes!
Turn off your lights, get ready for frights! When the clock strikes midnight and the moon's full and bright, it's time for dread and fear. For Ominous Flare is here with a brand new story, double the danger and twice the terror!

The danger keeps ticking. Can Johnson Wee and his friends solve The Case of the Cursed Clock - before the world runs out of time?

Find out next time on,
When Midnight Strikes!

I LOVE THIS!

O.M.G
I'm going to have nightmares xD
But its daytime. x3

Wow~ A great, suspenseful, thrilling story that ends with a creepy twist.
Very nice :D

lol Thanks, Trance and Sakura. Be sure to watch out for the next story soon! ;)