What's Your Name Again?

K

Kitti

Original poster
My name is derived from Irish roots because my father was half Irish.
Caitlin Alicia comes from Catherine Alice.
My mother wanted to name me Rachel, but my father wanted something that reflected his parent's heritage. And so my name has an Irish base.

Incidentally, it means "Pure (or Virginal) Noble"

How did your parents choose your name?
What does your name mean?

Umm Russell was chosen because it isn't very common.
And it means "red haired" ugh I don't have red hair.

Not like my middle name is much better being Tyler.
That means "Maker of Tiles" yay? I think not :P

Lea Shae is actually my parent-given name! My mother named me Lea after someone she thought was really pretty. She just liked the name Shae, I guess. Personally, I feel Shae is my "slave name" cause the only time people ever use it is when they're yelling at me, or trying to piss me off. c__c

Diana is the name I gave -myself- when I was just a really tiny kid. XD Everyone outside of family calls me Diana. It's the name I feel is my "true name" and the only one I'm comfortable with people calling me. Anything else kind of feels like they're talking at a stranger.

KABALARIANS is a cool site to get your personality profile for your name!

דָּנִיֵּאל is my first name. Which means "God is my Judge."

יוֹסֵף ‎is my Middle name. Which means "May God Add/Increase."

Fear my Hebrew-ish name. HAHAHAHAHA.

I was named Julia Jean Rudes.

My father's great grandparents from BOTH sides are from russian, so he;s 100% russian. But believe me, he does not act it. his side of the family is ALL JEWISH. Which is really cool in times like these.

My mother's father was....

polish...and most of her family is dead...

YAY!

Either way, I was named after the Beatles' song. Jean was my mother's middle name...

Julia:

JULIA
Usage: English, German, Scandinavian, Dutch, Spanish, Polish, Finnish, Ancient Roman, Biblical
Pronounced: JOO-lee-ə (English), YOO-lee-ah (German), HOO-lyah (Spanish), YUWL-yah (Polish) [key]

Feminine form of JULIUS. A person by this name has a brief mention in the New Testament. It was borne by a few early saints and martyrs, including the patron saint of Corsica. Shakespeare used the name in his comedy 'The Two Gentlemen of Verona' (1594). It has been common as a given name in the English-speaking world only since the 18th century.

(From "Behind the name")

Buy I like these better

Soft-haired

Youthful

Female form of JULIUS

....Down-bearded....youth?....

Ok! JEAAAAAAAAN!

God is Gracious

The french equivalent of the name "Jane".

....And Rudes is a baffling name. So..... no can do for that one.

But please call me "Julez" if not TK.

My given name is my grandmother's given name. My mom and aunt both liked her real name more then her nickname and agreed they'd want to name their daughter that. I was born 8 years before my female cousin, hence I 'won'. Sadly my first name is SUPER common for my age group and not nearly as special as it could be, but at least I wasn't just given a popular name on a whim.

The meanings are Princess, and Grace...

No I don't give my given name out online. Reason being is it's weird when someone uses it online!

For me it was a comprimise. My mom wanted me to be named Colin, but dad was afraid of me getting made fun of. Apearantly children know more about the human body in elementry school than in high school by his logic.

Between Jill and Jillian, they both mean youthful so nothing interesting there. Though, just now I found out my middle name, Marie, means "Sea of Bitterness" ._.

Greg = Vigilant.

Corcoran = King.

That's cool, Asmo!

Steven = Crown; Victorious.

William = Resolute protector.

Watson (Derived from Walter) = Ruler of the army.

I am "The Christ Bearer."

I'll tell you my first/last name if you ask me nicely, though. Thing is, my name is uniquely-unique. I am the only person on the planet with my name. So you want my name? You's comin' to ME!

^_^

My name essentially means Young triumphant protector of mankind under the disposition of being a moth.

Go figure.

ANGEL REPRESENT MAN NAMES IN SPANISH.

I'M GOD'S MOTHERFUCKING MESSENGER, BITCHES.

HE'S ALL LIKE "YO BRO TELL THEM NIGGAS IN ISRAEL SHIT'S GONNA GO DOWN, DAWG."

AND I BE ALL LIKE "FUCK YEAH NIGGA KICKING DEMONS AND IMPALING SINNERS AND FALLING DOOOOOOOOOOOWN FALLING DOOOWN (IRON MAIDEN SOLO) AND BECOMING SATAN."

FUCK YEAH.

Torstein - (Old Norse) Thor's Stone.

[ syll. tor-(s)tei(n), to-rste-in ] The boy name Torstein is pronounced as TAORST-ayN †. Torstein is primarily used in Scandinavian and its language of origin is Old Norse. Torstein is a variation of the German and Scandinavian name Thorsten.
Torstein is not popular as a baby name for boys. It is not in the top 1000 names.
Baby names that sound like Torstein include the Scandinavian Thorstein, the Scandinavian Thorsteinn, the German and Scandinavian Thorsten, the English Thurston, the German and Scandinavian Torsten, the name Trestin, the name Tristain, the name Tristam, the English, French, German, Romanian, and Welsh Tristan, the English Tristin, the English Triston, the English and Welsh Trystan, the name Trystin, and the name Trystn.

† approx English pronunciation for Torstein: T as in "tea (T.IY)" ; AO as in "ought (AO.T)" ; R as in "read (R.IY.D)" ; S as in "sea (S.IY)" ; T as in "tea (T.IY)" ; AY as in "hide (HH.AY.D)" ; N as in "knee (N.IY)"

:cow:

I'm "Christopher," which, as Seiji said, is derived from the greek words "Christos" and "phoros" and means "bearing Christ."

My LAST name, Brunts, was the surname name of a Scottish yeoman back in the bad old days. Apparently he was fairly successful, and the clan, despite being rather obscure, is apparently fairly large.

Justin basically stands for just, valiant, righteous, something like that.

Werner is along the lines of defender if I recall correctly.

.....Does that make me an Internet paladin or something?

PATRICK

Usage: Irish, English, French, German

Pronounced: PAT-rik (English), pat-REEK (French), PAHT-rik (German) [key]
From the Latin name Patricius, which meant "nobleman". This name was adopted in the 5th-century by Saint Patrick, whose birth name was Sucat. He was a Romanized Briton who was captured and enslaved in his youth by Irish raiders. After six years of servitude he escaped home, but he eventually became a bishop and went back to Ireland as a missionary. He is traditionally credited with Christianizing the island, and is regarded as Ireland's patron saint.

In England and elsewhere in Europe during the Middle Ages this name was used in honour of the saint. However, it was not generally given in Ireland before the 17th century because it was considered too sacred for everyday use. It has since become very common there.

CLINTON

Usage: English

Pronounced: KLIN-tən [key]
From a surname which was originally from an Old English place name meaning "settlement on the summit". A famous bearer of the surname was American president Bill Clinton (1946-).

This above is not my surname, however. You will never know that.

I'm going to call you Sucat from now on.

Alexander means Defender of Mankind, or Warrior.
Cady means House of God.

I defend mankind from within the house of god :D