POLL DISCUSSION GAMING What's your favorite game that you suck at or consider a failure simulator.

RealFurSwapChara

Looking for Group/Partners
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
usually from 4 PM to 9 PM. I can notify if I have a special case on a specific day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Contemporary Fantasy, Cozy Fantasy, Magical Realism, Low fantasy, AU, Action, Adventure, Scifi, Slice of life,
I'll go first: Rain World.

I am absolutely dreadful at sooooo many strategy games and city building sims! But they are soooo muuuuch fuuuuun even when I die and kill all my colonists in spectacular fashion!

A few name drops of such games: Surviving Mars, Stellaris, and Frostpunk

• Love
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Monbon and Megasis
Honestly? Video games in general. XD

I suck at video games. I always die millions of times, even when I'm trying to be good. I will die a million times in games like Stardew Valley, it's inevitable. BUT! I still love them. Video games are awesome and you will not be able to even pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Um, it's no contest. Bloodborne.
I wanna love it.
But I hate it.
Cause I can't get past the tutorial c':

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Monbon and Lyrikai
Elden Ring.

I don't CARE that I can barely beat a single troll. I want that LOOT!

Basically every FromSoft game I've tried, with the exception of Bloodborne. The other games I'm not patient or skilled enough to avoid having my shit slapped by some chunky monster boy - I'm too keen to get stuck in and stabbing.

Bloodborne is built on the principle of getting stuck in and stabbing, however, so I'm somehow actually alright at that game (at least until some of the bosses).

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Monbon and Megasis
Um, it's no contest. Bloodborne.
I wanna love it.
But I hate it.
Cause I can't get past the tutorial c':
try rain world. I bet you'll hate the Hunter campaign. :trollos:

• Haha
Reactions: Megasis
Basically every FromSoft game I've tried, with the exception of Bloodborne. The other games I'm not patient or skilled enough to avoid having my shit slapped by some chunky monster boy - I'm too keen to get stuck in and stabbing.

Bloodborne is built on the principle of getting stuck in and stabbing, however, so I'm somehow actually alright at that game (at least until some of the bosses).
Teach me your ways!!

Alien: Isolation. Or as my brother keeps calling it, that "game where the alien keeps killing you within 5 minutes."

I like to keep playing it for two reasons: 1) I'm a huge fan of sci fi thrillers/horror and 2) I'm a glutton for punishment 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Games like Stellaris or Civ 6. I enjoy the strategy and building aspects, but I'm honestly terrible at actually winning.

• Nice Execution!
I really do not play that much but I would give my own. Don't Starve: Anything!

No tutorials, you have to discover it on your own. Good Luck.

• Haha
Reactions: Megasis and Ardent
I really do not play that much but I would give my own. Don't Starve: Anything!

No tutorials, you have to discover it on your own. Good Luck.

I started playing Don't Starve Together and it is so rough. I have no idea how to get through the winter. Every day is a new way to die.

• Haha
Reactions: Megasis and Ardent
all games but I'll keep playing them. :P

100% Don't Starve Together

Just when I think I'm getting good at the game, I am instantly humbled. Luckily I play with people who are nice enough to rez me when I do a dumby.

Still love the game tho. I am a sucker for punishment.

@darkflames13 and @Ghostly Boo We don't talk about the time I died to a starfish. 🥲

100% Don't Starve Together

Just when I think I'm getting good at the game, I am instantly humbled. Luckily I play with people who are nice enough to rez me when I do a dumby.

Still love the game tho. I am a sucker for punishment.

@darkflames13 and @Ghostly Boo We don't talk about the time I died to a starfish. 🥲
We did make them into a bit of a minefield.

I have to agree though, don't starve together is a great game, that kicks my butt on the regular

• Love
I am loving all the talk about Don't Starve in here LOL!
I just got that game recently for my PS5 so it's great to know before I even start playing that Ima probably die many many many times 😂 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Ardent
Elden Ring.

I don't CARE that I can barely beat a single troll. I want that LOOT!
Me too. I died so many times in less than hour when I played. Most of those deaths being my own fault.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: RaccoonGoon
Every Souls game I've played, lol. I really enjoy Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Elden Ring, but I seriously get my shit kicked in so fast. My friend had to carry me through those first two games and I still haven't beaten ER.

Other than that, Left 4 Dead probably. I'm terrible at shooting games and don't usually play them, but I enjoy replaying the campaign in L4D every once in a while with friends, but I'm usually the lowest performer out of the group, haha.

• Haha
For me it's Hades. I die often and it gets very frustrating. xD