What's it like having a "best" friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel kind of special being called The OP. Anyway my question has been addressed...as best as I can ask for, so thank you very much everyone. I know that sounds sarcastic, but it's not. I really am grateful.

My advice is to never take memes seriously

It depends on the best friend relationship. Like, my best friend, good gravy, I can't stand her sometimes. She can be very selfish, inconsiderate, disappoint me in major ways, and it all hurts my feelz pretty badly. We fight, scream, disagree, even to the point of physical altercation (that hasn't happened in a long time). There's been times when instead of listening to me when I'm upset, she tells me it serves me right. So, yeah, it's been rough, but I wouldn't change that roughness.

There is no one else I'd rather be annoyed by. She's taken care of me when I've stumbled into her house high. She's helped me get dressed into pajamas when I've been too drunk to stand. She even gave me the keys to her house and told me to put a towel down on her bed so I could have sex with my boyfriend (which didn't happen). There are so many other things where she has either taken care of me or encouraged my wild behavior that she didn't quite agree with. But all of that has turned us into more like family than friends.

We attend each other's holiday functions, her dad includes me on family vacations, her niece gives me her school pictures. "Frienniversary" cards even get exchanged. We cross each other's boundaries, make rude remarks about what the other eats or how they eat. Put down things the other likes. But we are at a place where it's completely a-okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.