What would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
If you could tell someone something anonymously, what would it be?

EDIT: Oh dear, I wasn't thinking of an anonymous confessions thing, if that's what you guys are thinking. ^^; The question for me was more like: If you could tell someone something (not necessarily about yourself o_o) anonymously (hypothetically), what would you tell them?

Last edited:
My favorite color is blue.

Is it really anonymous if it's here? O.O

If you could tell someone something anonymously, what would it be?
Hm.

Idk, a better way of doing this would be "I'm going to compile a list of anonymous things via PM's and release them anonymously for X." Our online aliases are traceable, and for all tense and purposes, part of who we are. :ferret:

• Useful
Reactions: Hana
for all tense and purposes,
All my life.

ALL MY DECENTLY LONG, NOT NATIVELY ENGLISH-SPEAKING LIFE, have I thought the phrase was "for all intent(ion)s and purposes".

Thank you, Brovo. Thank you.

Now where is that salute I promised you...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo
All my life.

ALL MY DECENTLY LONG, NOT NATIVELY ENGLISH-SPEAKING LIFE, have I thought the phrase was "for all intent(ion)s and purposes".

Thank you, Brovo. Thank you.

Now where is that salute I promised you...
It should have been "for all intents and purposes" or "for all intensive purposes" which typically means "for all practical purposes."

I suppose I can reveal an "anonymous" secret here though.

My mother pulled me out of public education in first grade, attempted to home school me for a couple years, then gave up. So I essentially had to teach myself mathematics, reading (beyond the most basic level), writing, history, et cetera. I didn't get back into public education until tenth grade--I essentially lost eight years of education due to parental mishap.

So from time to time I fuck up common phrases or references or other cultural etymology in language, because I had to teach myself all of it. Which is why I don't look down on people who are ESL or who have a weak grasp of the language--if they're willing to learn and have an elementary grasp of reading and writing, I can teach everything else. :ferret:

It should have been "for all intents and purposes" or "for all intensive purposes" which typically means "for all practical purposes."

I suppose I can reveal an "anonymous" secret here though.

My mother pulled me out of public education in first grade, attempted to home school me for a couple years, then gave up. So I essentially had to teach myself mathematics, reading (beyond the most basic level), writing, history, et cetera. I didn't get back into public education until tenth grade--I essentially lost eight years of education due to parental mishap.

So from time to time I fuck up common phrases or references or other cultural etymology in language, because I had to teach myself all of it. Which is why I don't look down on people who are ESL or who have a weak grasp of the language--if they're willing to learn and have an elementary grasp of reading and writing, I can teach everything else. :ferret:
Oh. I'm sorry.

Wow. Man.

I- I don't know what to say to that. You missed the eight first years of school, and have still accomplished and learnt as much as you have.

Here's an "anonymus" confession. You're my inspiration now.

Hmm I guess I could say one thing. Kinda one of my biggest shame tbh.

I'm a high-school dropout. Never finished it due to my own laziness

On the bright side, I'm planning on doing my GED so yeah. That's that.

Oh. I'm sorry.

Wow. Man.

I- I don't know what to say to that. You missed the eight first years of school, and have still accomplished and learnt as much as you have.

Here's an "anonymus" confession. You're my inspiration now.
I don't focus on it. I don't expect pity for it or anything else, which is why I don't typically mention it. It happened, it's in the past. It's not like I grew up in a place where education didn't exist--I had the Internet, and public libraries, and a loving father, and the will to get things done.

Don't focus on me. Focus on yourself, the person you want to be and the person you were a year ago, or a month ago, or a week ago. Focus on what you can do to make your own life better.

Thanks for the compliment, though. I do my best. Don't be afraid to call me out if I fuck up other phrases. :ferret:

It's never too late. Congrats and best of luck with grabbing your GED--it opens a world of working class possibilities.

It's never too late. Congrats and best of luck with grabbing your GED--it opens a world of working class possibilities.
Definitely. I've had a couple of people encourage me to go forward and I honestly think it'll help my self confidence. :D Thanks!

Reactions: Brovo
I would probably just anonymously tell someone I want to touch their butt, just for the sake of creeping them out a little. I don't hold back things I want to tell people, I just say it. :P

However, this reminds me of a thing. Back on my old forum someone got the bright idea to actually do an anonymous confessions thing. They set up a submission page through Google Documents that people could submit things to, and then they went and posted those anonymous messages in the OP of the thread (cutting out any awful shit, of course). It was amusing, though prone to some trolling by way of myself and others posting total bullshit. If you really wanted to do some kind of anonymous message thing you could set it up, but I wouldn't recommend it because it'll likely end up being a drama storm.

Same here. I had to drop out in the twelfth grade because my depression/anxiety got so bad I could barely leave my house. I still feel so much regret and embarrassment. Thankfully, I got my GED a few years ago. You can do it, Greenie!

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Is it really anonymous if it's here? O.O

I second this... we're all "anonymous" on the internet. Reality check: My real name is not "Roose Hurro".

Hm.

Idk, a better way of doing this would be "I'm going to compile a list of anonymous things via PM's and release them anonymously for X." Our online aliases are traceable, and for all tense and purposes, part of who we are. :ferret:
I would probably just anonymously tell someone I want to touch their butt, just for the sake of creeping them out a little. I don't hold back things I want to tell people, I just say it. :P

However, this reminds me of a thing. Back on my old forum someone got the bright idea to actually do an anonymous confessions thing. They set up a submission page through Google Documents that people could submit things to, and then they went and posted those anonymous messages in the OP of the thread (cutting out any awful shit, of course). It was amusing, though prone to some trolling by way of myself and others posting total bullshit. If you really wanted to do some kind of anonymous message thing you could set it up, but I wouldn't recommend it because it'll likely end up being a drama storm.
Oh dear, I wasn't thinking of an anonymous confessions thing, if that's what you guys are thinking. ^^; The question for me was more like: If you could tell someone something (not necessarily about yourself o_o) anonymously (hypothetically), what would you tell them?

I guess I should have cleared this up in my first post to avoid all this confusion. xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Brovo
I'd tell this guy at my school that "respect lasts longer than attention."

Reactions: Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.