What webcomics are you reading?

D

Daz

I freaking love webcomics. I've read webcomics from all over the internet, but these days I mostly read them on LINEwebtoon since there are loads of amazing comics on there and it's convenient to have them all in one place. Currently some of my favourites webcomics are:
- Lookism by Taejoon Park. Lookism initially focuses on... well, Lookism. However it quickly expands to explore a variety of social issues in South Korea; the issues are relevant wherever you live though. The art is also stunning, it conveys action as if it were actually animated.
- DICE by Hyunseok Yun. If you could make any desire come true, would you? To what extent would you go to make your desires come true? Dice explores this through magical dice which will grant you a desire... To an extent. You'll need more dice to fulfil more desires to a greater extent, and of course getting more dice is not so easy. DICE does an amazing job at exploring greed and selflessness. Additionally, artwork uses different perspectives to portray emotion well.
- Lalin's Curse by Isakytm. Lalin's Curse is freaking beautiful. The artwork does an amazing job at conveying a sense of magic in the world. I It's only just starting (well, restarting), but so far the characters seem really fleshed out, so I'm excited for more!
- Let's Play by Mongie. Let's Play has one of the best portrayals of social anxiety I've seen. It's a bit heavy handed with the metaphors, but it shows the reality of what it's like coping with social anxiety pretty dang accurately. It's nice to have a story which shows what it's like living functionally with a mental health issue, since I feel like a lot of stories focus on what it's like in the worst stages. Plus, Let's Play is just plain funny.

So what webcomics are y'all enjoying right now?

I go through bouts where I binge like all of a webcomic and then get distressed that it's not completed and forget for two years. Serial ones like The Punchline is Machismo and Oglaf are always nice when I remember that they exist though.

For more story-arc ones, I personally enjoy The Devil is a Handsome Man.

I go through bouts where I binge like all of a webcomic and then get distressed that it's not completed and forget for two years. Serial ones like The Punchline is Machismo and Oglaf are always nice when I remember that they exist though.

For more story-arc ones, I personally enjoy The Devil is a Handsome Man.
I like the fact they're incomplete, it means I pace myself. With complete books/comics I can't help but binge, which means I stay up late and a exhausted the next day.

For Webtoons, Apocalyptic Horseplay and Space Boy update consistently and are fucking bonkers., especially horsemen which takes it religious themes and runs miles with it. Space Boy's story is similarly getting bigger and bigger.

Both have cute redhead protagonists and a 2k-Cartoon-Network-era cartoonishness to them. Both are very optimistic too; horsemen is built on the premise of embodiments of evil overcoming their purpose, and Space Boy off-the-bat presents a refreshing outlook of future human society where technology is used to improve interrelationships rather than to tear people apart. And the dog.

You can't forget Sleepless Domain which I'm following religiously. What's life without magical girls? The characters are especially well-designed -- seeing the side characters transform for the first time is an appeal all its own -- and its got fun world-building, plus a slow-burn mystery, plus Undine x Heart Punch?? Will it happen?? Who knows...

For Webtoons, Apocalyptic Horseplay and Space Boy update consistently and are fucking bonkers., especially horsemen which takes it religious themes and runs miles with it. Space Boy's story is similarly getting bigger and bigger.

Both have cute redhead protagonists and a 2k-Cartoon-Network-era cartoonishness to them. Both are very optimistic too; horsemen is built on the premise of embodiments of evil overcoming their purpose, and Space Boy off-the-bat presents a refreshing outlook of future human society where technology is used to improve interrelationships rather than to tear people apart. And the dog.

You can't forget Sleepless Domain which I'm following religiously. What's life without magical girls? The characters are especially well-designed -- seeing the side characters transform for the first time is an appeal all its own -- and its got fun world-building, plus a slow-burn mystery, plus Undine x Heart Punch?? Will it happen?? Who knows...
I'll definitely have to check out Apocalyptic Horseplay, embodiments of evil overcoming their purpose sounds right down my street! I'll probably try Sleepless Domain if/when I have some spare time too, I have a soft spot for magical girls.

Reactions: thempress