What kind of writer are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fijo's Quiz One results-
You're a William Faulkner. You chose flowery and formal words commonly used by literary novelists and poets. Other writers known for florid diction are F. Scott Fitzgerald, George Eliot, and Edgar Allan Poe. You dream of Nobel Prizes and National Book Awards every night.

Fijo's Quiz Two results-

With your 40 % you are:
You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ... 50 % from 3724 test takers had this profile!

But you have almost become this:
With your 30 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk.

And that you are not at all:
With your 20 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work.

With your 10 % you are: You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

Quiz one: You're a Toni Morrison. You chose informal or slang words that indicate a preference for writing in the vernacular. Other novelists known for their informal prose are Mark Twain, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, and J.D. Salinger. If novel writing isn't your cup of tea, dabble in some blogging or draft a dialogue-heavy script for film or television.

Quiz two:

With your 30 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3725 test takers had this profile!

With your 30 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ...

With your 30 % you are: You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

With your 10 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk.

..Apparently I am quite balanced, except with poetry.

all arrows are pointing me toward journalism D: have i become that dull and boring?

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
One:

You're an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account.

• Thank You
Quiz One

You're an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account.

Quiz Two

With your 50 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work.

With your 40 % you are:
You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ...

With your 10 % you are:
You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

• Thank You
Quiz 1 I also got Hemingway, but quiz 2 is all sorts of wrong!

With your 40 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk. 10 % from 3739 test takers had this profile!

With your 30 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ...

With your 20 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work.

With your 10 % you are: You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

I am not a poet!

• Thank You

With your 40 % you are:
You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3736 test takers had this profile!

With your 20 % you are: You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

With your 10 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk.

- See more at: http://www.allthetests.com/quiz07/dasquiz2.php3?testid=1068529813#sthash.PSI4p1mT.dpuf

• Thank You
1. You're an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account.

I had never even heard of most of those other words xD Usually there were one word I had learned and then three I had never encountered in my whole life. And usually I didn't even use the word I chose, I rather say odor than smell. Big instead of fat, etc. But I guess I'm pretty straight to the point in my wording as I'm not a native English speaker and don't know that many graceful words. Though personally I think I'm good at explaining something in a sentence without using the word and still be understood. Which should make me not so straight forward?

2. With your 30 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk. 10 % from 3743 test takers had this profile!

With your 30 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work.

With your 20 % you are: You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

With your 20 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ...

This one is probably not very accurate, as I don't drink any of that stuff, I didn't know any of those movies, nor had I heard any of those songs.... So I just took whatever sounded most pleasant. I can kind of agree with the journalist one, but I'm more for debating and put forth my own opinion while also trying to see all sides of a story. So it would be hard for me to actually write an article without my personal feelings put into it xD
I am definitely not a poet. I've tried poetry, and it is not for me. I am whimsical, but only with my closest friends. Usually my whimsical side does not translate into my writing side. My personality can be whimsical at time, but my writing is dark with some humorous characters. More often than not very dark humor. I wrote a short story about a guy killing his classmates as a project in my Swedish class. That's very whimsical xD

With your 50 % you are:
You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3746 test takers had this profile!

With your 40 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ...

Journalist, eh? So, what, does that mean I can make a living out of ruining people's lives by twisting the truth and invading their privacy?
No, I don't really have a problem with that.[/hr]

• Thank You
For Quiz 1: You're a Toni Morrison. You chose informal or slang words that indicate a preference for writing in the vernacular. Other novelists known for their informal prose are Mark Twain, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, and J.D. Salinger. If novel writing isn't your cup of tea, dabble in some blogging or draft a dialogue-heavy script for film or television.

For Quiz 2:
With your 40 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3749 test takers had this profile!

Yay for the first one. But the second one is like, whoa. It knows me too well. It must be inside my mind!

• Thank You
Quiz one:

Quize two:
With your 30 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3751 test takers had this profile!

With your 20 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk.

• Thank You
Sure are plenty of Hemingway's here...

You're an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell...

30% Poet, 30% Playwright, 20% Novelist, 20% Journalist.

100% Role-Player!

• Thank You
You're a Vladimir Nabokov. You chose esoteric and technical words that would drive most readers straight to their nearest dictionary. Other novelists known for their use of obscure or difficult language are Thomas Pynchon and Zadie Smith. A career in academia or science writing might suit your tastes.

I couldn't help myself, so much of it was too hilarious not to click. Well that and clicking C all the time got boring.

With your 40 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3766 test takers had this profile!

With your 30 % you are: You are a poet. Whimsical and a tad aloof, you are at risk of being pretentious, but the right amount of adventure and quiet contemplation could change you into the ultimate gritty poet punk.

With your 0 % you are:

I guess one 30% weighs heavier than another.

• Thank You
all arrows are pointing me toward journalism D: have i become that dull and boring?
Nah, Kate. You were always that way.

Duh.

As for me...

You're a Toni Morrison. You chose informal or slang words that indicate a preference for writing in the vernacular. Other novelists known for their informal prose are Mark Twain, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, and J.D. Salinger. If novel writing isn't your cup of tea, dabble in some blogging or draft a dialogue-heavy script for film or television.

Seems pretty spot on.

With your 50 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ... 50 % from 3768 test takers had this profile!

With your 30 % you are: You are a playwright. With a flair for the dramatic and a need to be social, you are generally popular and live an exciting life. People admire you for your spontaneity and envy your social graces from afar.

With your 10 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work.

HA! Me? Write things?!?! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Thank You
Quiz results 1

Quiz results 2

With your 50 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3769 test takers had this profile!

• Thank You
You're a Toni Morrison. You chose informal or slang words that indicate a preference for writing in the vernacular. Other novelists known for their informal prose are Mark Twain, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, and J.D. Salinger. If novel writing isn't your cup of tea, dabble in some blogging or draft a dialogue-heavy script for film or television.

AllTheTests.com -» The Quiz - The results

With your 30 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write.

• Thank You

Not gonna do the second one because all the questions had me going, 'NONE OF THE ABOVE.'

• Thank You
You're an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account

---

Well, the thing is, I don't know a lot if the words. I wouldn't use what I chose though.

---

With your 40 % you are: You are a journalist. Practical, stubborn, and a little straight-edge, you have a finely honed sense of justice, and like nothing better to relax and recharge after a tough day of work. 31 % from 3782 test takers had this profile!

With your 40 % you are: You are a novelist. Broody, unapologetic, and slightly tormented, you know how to have an adventure and weave a good yarn. Now if only you could get over your debauchery long enough to write ...

With your 0 % you are:

---

So my poetry sucks. The only questions I really answered honestly was the one with coffee. I failed journalism.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.