What film has the best soundtrack?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minerva

The Apex of the World
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Roughly 9:30 AM-2:30 AM (CST)
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alt History, Anything really. It honestly depends on how I'm feeling. I am always up for a good, solid Cyberpunk RP. I'm also up for Crossover RPs.
Seriously, in your opinion, what film has the best soundtrack? And by Soundtrack, I mean music written for the film specifically, not taken from Other sources (Donnie Darko doesn't count as this,since they made their own editions of the songs.)

I think The Fountain has one of the best soundtracks. Clint Mansell is one of the best Composers of our times.

(Yes, you can post Video Game or anime OSTs here as well.)

It's giant robots fighting giant monsters in the rain with explosions and shit everywhere. Don't need no fancy tear-jerking orchestral score or riveting violin solo to be AWESOME.

This is just off top of my head. There are literally hundreds of memorable and amazing sound scores from films I can post.

Also because I had it set to my apartment speakers so it played as I walked in through the front door. My wife is still wondering if I'm supremely arrogant or was having fun. No man ever looked so badass carrying a bag of dog food.

• Love
Reactions: Minerva and Saren
Lord of the rings!

FOTR if I can't cheat and use the entire trilogy as one answer :P

I don't care what anyone says. I fucking love this film.

Reactions: Muna
The soundtrack for Star Wars: A New Hope. With the 20th Century Fox fanfare in the beginning and everything. /gives Disney and George Lucas the middle finger

I'm surprised no one brought up this soundtrack. O_O

I'm surprised no one brought up this soundtrack. O_O
Yes! Loved that soundtrack! But then again, I love everything about that movie.

Cloud Atlas! I love the entire soundtrack.

*Makes note to come back here later to collect more Ipod songs*

I also need to second the Tron one specifically which was already mentioned.

*As I listen further into the Cosmos one I remembered it was more of a mix of original/taken (I think).
Now that I think about it I may have just assumed some were original since most of the music would have been a thing before I was born*.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Saren and Minerva
I didn't know someone had uploaded the full soundtrack. As Saren, I feel like I should have. i am a disgrace

Amazing game with an equally amazing soundtrack. The music tells just as good a story as the game itself.

;A; I forgot firefly!!!

The music Yuki Kajiura wrote for Puella Magi Madoka Magica gives me chilllllls.

Not gonna lie. I love the shit out of the score for the first Transformers movie.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
The music Yuki Kajiura wrote for Puella Magi Madoka Magica gives me chilllllls.

Not gonna lie. I love the shit out of the score for the first Transformers movie.
Dude. Yuki Kajiura in general.

Reactions: Dawn
How did I forget this?

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.