What does your inner monster look like?

Y

Yellow

Original poster
This is basically an idea I had last night while playing a game. We all have skeletons in our closet and in no way do you have to describe it to the point it invades who you are fully. But we all have shadows and I am curious what sort of things people can imagine.

This is not a challenge thread. This is a place sorta for venting, once you describe what ugly and terrible thing that exists in you you will be able to let it go and feel so much lighter, once these answers are answered. Do not start fights and do not use any members names. Post your monster if you can, you don't need to answer every question either.

If you want to do in character go ahead too. It's a great way to realize if your character is just like you or what is inside them.

* Looks: Can be anything, even from a game. It can be 500 feet tall or 3 inches small and roam around in a drone like fashion.

* If this creature is from earth, maybe from space what sort of evolution or if robotic parts were added did it go through.

* If you feel like sharing what is the the monster, or creature's hunting hours night or day and what does it eat.(Can't be children, it needs an actual form of prey that is non-human .)

*What form of anger, memory, feeling are you sending into this creature?

* How do YOU kill this monster or monsters? It's okay to be afraid of it...

Since I have two I will do this twice. One now and another later.

Here is mine;

(Asking for help fixing my story. My sight is off today.)

Read this if you want. It's my monster.

* Look: A mirror that I can reach my hand into but when I try to draw it back it won't let me, if I have a food object in my hand. The side of the mirror I am in is struck so badly with famine but on that other side of the mirror is gold, It toys with me, cruely it lets me take all the gold, all the gems but never the food. I get frustrated, try to kick the mirror, this time I am stuck.

* If this creature is from earth, maybe from space what sort of evolution or if robotic parts were added did it go through:

It does not need to evolve as it displays everything a person could ever dream of..

* If you feel like sharing what is the the monster, or creature's hunting hours night or day and what does it eat.
It is always hungry and once a person is struck it's head pops out, it's like that of a huge spider and it drags a person into darkness.

*What form of anger, memory, feeling are you sending into this creature or what feeling made it?

My hunger to do something noble, but not for other people. It's there so I can get noticed and feel important then other people.

I start to realize that good deeds aren't good enough if they are for me only to be recognized. Realizing this mistake I pray to whatever god, deity, cosmic being but I find the truth inside myself while my hands are on the other side I reach for god knows what, likely a plate, shove it under my uncaught foot and press down hard on it, I do this with faith and a new conviction. I hear the pained creature in scream, but it let me go and I quickly pulled myself out of the mirror. The apple I wanted in the first place comes out and I caught it. About to take a bite I notice a child whose ribs were showing, I nod my head and motion to him the apple. I was in a country I did not know how to talk in, approaching the child I handed the apple.

I will do good deeds for them now, no longer do I need any sort of title or reward. I realized this THING may come after me again should I lose the message. But for now I can breath lightly because it is gone.

* Looks:

Stands in a large 8 ft fashion, with large canine like fangs and deep cold red eyes, it's body heavy with fur and muscle and stands on it's hand legs as it looks at me with a devious grin on it's face...mocking my suffering. It's ears are pulled back. The colors are surprisingly pure white with red markings with the satanist star on it's back that continuously glows a blood red. Though one make think it's a canine, but it's not..it's something else they eyes shows many that none does not know....

* If this creature is from earth, maybe from space what sort of evolution or if robotic parts were added did it go through.

It's grows everyday..eating away the life that we call now an brings back the bad, suffocates its victim until there is nothing left to eat away

* If you feel like sharing what is the the monster, or creature's hunting hours night or day and what does it eat.(Can't be children, it needs an actual form of prey that is non-human .)

This monster is called the Chimera, a species known long ago by the Greeks and monsters that come in many forms, though this one had escaped in a different universe and comes out anytime of day it wants the monster comes and go as it pleases. It's eats away the sanity and manipulate the mind causing it drain away from the world...believing it is true or reminding the victim of their mistakes and problems....

Memories of doubts, I doubt about the feelings of other people..I worry..do they mean what they say? Is it true? I bet they really don't like me they say do....backstabbers they all are! I'm sorry...I've been a problem to everyone...I shouldn't be...why should I speak when no one really cares for me? I should I become mute and let life eat me away?...I feel closed in a cage and suffocating..I can hear them laughing behind my back...

Stop making my mind wonder, ignore it. I need to keep away it away from me, hide it, close it back in the cage it came from, but how can I if it's the only really friend I have? I can admit I am quite afraid of it, but I can't put it away...it's part of me something that can't take away. It's the consequence of being bond to hell...

Though thinking about it for years I have realized that I don't really give a monkey's ass what others think and worry if people like me or not, I've been through years ago. I stopped actually caring and just walk away from it all when I can I can't really please everyone which is ok with me...It's really tiring thinking that I can. Who ever likes me, good for them and if not? Then oh fucking well! I'm quite happy with the true friends that kept me stable and loved me who I am. And because of them I am here today. I know I'm not strong person mentally, but I'll be damned if I miss out on my goals in life I want. That's probably the only thing that keep me going when I'm alone....

I can feel my self feeling lighter and least tired...now it's my turn to smile at the pain of the hungered creature...

* Looks: Can be anything, even from a game. It can be 500 feet tall or 3 inches small and roam around in a drone like fashion.

A shadowy figure of average height, it has no form, nor face. Is always wearing a disturbing mask, which tends to keep switching its expressions.

It almost never changes, the only mutable part being its mask -it can smile, it can frown, it can cry, but the creature remains the same, just a shadow.

It hasn't a hunting hour, for it's always hunting. The creature eats fake smiles, fake laughs, fake tears, fake everything. It can't help it, they are just too tasty.

Memories of... nothingness? Hollowness, perhaps. Yes, definitely that. Void. This creature is a shadow, it is vaster when there's nothing.

I don't kill it, I just hide it, at least for now. I smile, I laugh, I even cry for others, even if internally I see no point. However, people expect that, they expect me to laugh with them, not at them, if you know what I mean. I will truly laugh at a joke, but I can't laugh for someone, with someone. So, I pretend. I will share my tears with someone, because I figure that, if I pretend long enough, the void will go away, and with it the monster. Perhaps, one day, I will truly understand how some people just stay with each other the whole day without tiring, how they trust each other, how they tell each other secrets, when I find all of that just bothersome. Sometimes I just want to let the monster consume me, let it be me for a day so that I can rest, but I know what happens to people who let their own shadow creatures consume them, so I pretend. Even if it tires me. I fight. Even if sometimes I just don't wanna win. I laugh. For, one day, I wanna feel what I once was able to.

For, one day, I wanna see the world with my own colorful sight, not my monster's grey one.

It stands hunched over me constantly, extending from my back. If it straightened it would be about 4 feet taller then my 5'9" height. Its long ugly midnight claw wrap around my throat not tight enough too kill me but enough to cut off my air and cause me pain. I can see it when I look in the mirror, its face is always in a twisted grin that curves in pain everytime its trys to straighten its hunched back. But the grin always stays, from its back come knives, pieces of broken glass and other sharp objects almost anything you can think of. Screwdrivers, nails, screws, saws, forks, scrap metal, anything sharp has been jammed into its spine. Its face ,other then the disgusting forced grin and a set of eyes that constantly drop bloody red tears into my hair onto my cheeks staining them red, there is nothing else its shadowed by a hood of the cloak I had given it too hide the painful wounds that leak a black oily liquid. Its skin on the visable parts of it, is black, charred burned too the point some pieces fall off leaving a path were ever me travel.

It began to grown when I was a child, growing bigger and stronger with each unmet expection and evious tough that past through my mind

It dosent hunt, it farms, it pushes small seeds of hate, envy and self-loathing into my brain whenever I'm feeling week, then it waits for days, weeks, even years for it too grow too the prefect flower of disgusting thoughts, then its feed, drinking the sweet necture of hate and jealous that stirs around inside it.

Constant feelings of envy and hate flow into this vile being.

How do i kill it? I can't, its grown as a part of me. IF i kill it it'll be getting rid of myself as well, that i cant do.

Wanted to say I find this a lovely concept, and will get to it as soon as I have enough time.

* Looks: A grey black spotted jackal with the eyes of a feline, wings of a crow, heart of a lion yet diseased as the fetid rat. Like a predator it seeks out signs of life, snuffing them along the way but denying itself the prize of its prey; this creature can only feast upon the ruined remains destroyed by other forces. Ravenous yet shows an honor in the sport of its kill, mourning for all those fallen at its rabid jaw, that pain grasped onto until it has stained its very spirit. It roams with no purpose, not meant for the world.

* A planet called Terminus Mora, the sister planet of a twin star, Moraine.

* It kills only when threatened by either realistic circumstance or delusion brought on by a diseased mind and soul. However it often eats decaying corpses indiscriminately.

*A creature of loss and perpetual regret, undying and never wanting. It's only drive it to continue on with it's existence. Though attachments to the worlds it's visited hint at the need to follow or simply to have purpose. In each circumstance that desire for purpose is the denying wall with creates the fatal mistake of this creature, always ending in it's desire being crushed by worldly events or simply the passage of time.

* The jackal disperses for millenia at a time when the planet it inhabits finally passes after countless lifetimes, waiting for it's life to reassemble in some new foreign place. Though it's body can be maimed and destroyed, the jackal can never cease to be.

Looks: It appears to be more shadow than tangible creature and its outlines are fuzzy. It is shaped like a creature with four thick legs, a heavy body with a protruding spiked spine that runs down to a whip like tail. It has no evidence of eyes, but it has a snout with a mouth that curves all the way up towards where the eyes should be. When opened, the mouth is shown to be filled with crooked, yellowed teeth stained crimson with blood. It is covered in bite marks and claw marks that constantly seem to be bleeding.

It originates from Earth and grows when it successfully convinces others to hate themselves.

It feeds on shadows, but it is one. This beast attacks and eats part of itself and it does so enthusiastically. It seems to be hellbent on destroying itself physically and mentally and urges others to the same. It is a very convincing creature and likes to make others hate themselves too. When it teaches someone to hate themselves, its shadow grows larger and it has more to destroy.

Feeling: Self hatred and low self esteem

I can't kill it, but it can be temporarily avoided if I spend time around friends or family. It prefers to only confront one victim at a time.

Hmm, interesting.

Looks:

I've never seen it, because it stays just out of sight at all times, favouring a position by my shoulder or the back-left section of my brain where it can constantly whisper things. It cannot be perceived by anyone except me and may not have a corporeal form.

Where is it from?:

Some plane of existence that only exists because I focused on it too long and thought about it too much.

When/what does it hunt?:

A capricious creature; it rarely misses a night hunt and likes to attack at random intervals throughout the day when my guard is down. I don't know what it eats. Only that it does.

Feeling:

Nothing. As in, a total absence of feeling. Emptiness.

How do YOU kill this monster?:

It cannot be killed-- only accommodated or ignored.

(Incidentally posted this prematurely, whoops.)

* Looks: Indescribable. Of some disfigured thing, perchance an anomaly, emaciated and skin compressed against its skeletal frame, whilst flesh of decomposed matter hung loosely from its bare ribcage, noisome. Comparative to no such Earthling, resemblance all of its own.

As expansive as my knowledge can pave, I've not an idea. Hell, maybe? No research has been conducted to determine where exactly it had been indigenous to, nor its progression.

The brute retains no habitual hours of dedication to consumption, but, during infrequent intervals, luxuriously indulges the meat of decayed corpses.

Untainted vexation, accompanying displeasure, is solely what breastfeeds its continual existence. Not truly the explanation, possibly, it's the epicentre of disdain towards his own entity.

K-Kill it?

The monster inside me is human. Or at least it looks like one, though if anyone were to see it they'd question my judgement on that front. It's always angry, despite the variety of emotions it snatches from me. The only thing that changes is what it's angry at; sometimes a person, sometimes me, sometimes my crush, and sometimes the world.

The monster is chained up tight, though often enough I lose the strength to maintain the chains and the monster walks around my head tearing stuff up. The monster can paralyze me or send me into a rampage, but once it takes control there is nothing I can do to stop it until it gets tired. Luckily for my health, eventually the monster runs out of excess anger and retreats to the depths of my mind before it can fade completely away. For a while I'm happy, for a while it's too weak to ruin everything I feel, but I know it's there, waiting for me to get tired again. Waiting for me to feel something so strongly that I won't see it when it leeches from me again.

I've gotten used to it, the cycle of utter rage, disappointment, and contentment. The monster will never die, as far as I know, because I have never been able to hurt it. The monster only gets tired, never weak, and as long as I feel the pain and joy of life it will live on inside me.

Looks: It appears to humanoid but with a twisted smile and haunting laughter, it has dark hair and black eyes on which when you stare at it disturbs you, wearing tattered clothes and wears a harlequin mask made out of flesh.

Where is it from?: From the darkest depths of the mind and heart.

When/what does it hunt?: He haunts you at night.

Feeling: Jealousy, Fear, Lustful needs, Sullen, Loneliness and Wanting to be heard and noticed and loved and not forgotten.

How do YOU kill this monster or monsters? It's okay to be afraid of it : By accepting and forgiving yourself, letting go of those sins in your heart for this monster is just their to be a reminder and lesson of yourself and what have you done.

When I look in the mirror I see Her standing there, starring back. She wears pink clothes and skinny jeans, Her hair is long and dyed light brown. She shows off curves that I wish wasn't there. Everyone thinks she is pretty, sweet, kind ... but I know better. She is a lie, a farce, a creature made of hate for the purpose of being loved. She is a sorry excuse used to the point of wearing thin, all in order to be accepted by those she loves. I hate Her for that, hate myself for letting Her put me through this charade.

Every night she points at my flaws and plays at my fears until I am picked raw to the bone, exposed to my demons and dreading the morning. But the morning comes anyway and it is bright, shining light into my darkest corners. My family gives me love and through their love I am strengthened until the next night... but who is it that they are really loving? Her. It's always Her, because they don't know me, they can't know me ... because I am locked in my cage at the back of Her mind, living in Her shadow.

But I dream, in my loneliness , of the day she will be seen for who she is, a facade put up in fear of being judged grown powerful enough to drown out my small voice. I dream of the day that the light will shine on me and people will see me and say "He's a keeper". I dream of the day that my reflection will show who I am inside.

"Feed me," it whispers. "Let your blade bite their throats and let me taste their flesh though your mouth."
"Free me," it whispers. "Let the metal slice your veins and give me a door to flee through."
"Fear me," it whispers. "Let you forever know the agony of my existence and suffer alone."

A silhouette against the shadows of my psyche, darting in and out of my gaze. Horns of a dragon, a humanoid body, razor teeth glistening as a sharp tongue dances around them. Dangerous, predatory eyes are ever watchful, soft-spoken voice whispering into my ears...

It is What it is. It merely grows taller. Wider. Stronger. Hungrier...

It hunts as my guard is let down. It preys upon insecurity and amplifies it, feasting on doubt and self-loathing.

Anger, seething against the world and more to myself. Fear, screeching agonized prophecies of consequence should control be lost. Despair, a clock ticking on and on, forever reminding me that I can only hold it back so long.

Distraction is all that keeps me from listening to it. Music, videos, friends, games, books. Whatever keeps my mind occupied enough to remain unfocused on it's insistant urges...

"Oh you don't need to do it... Just, relax..."

Looks: Its just recognisable as a human, standing at 6ft plus easily. It must weigh a lot, fat rolls from every part you can see. The stained clothes it wears bulges with fat. The clothes are part of it really. A hoodie with stains dribbled down the front, sweatpants that rip at it's thighs. The hair of it sticks to it's greasy face, the dark strands are straggly with grease. It's eyes are sunken yet smug, like it's finding pleasure in itself. The lips also hint at the same thing, it's mouth thin and stretched into a taunting smile, making it's fat cheeks look fatter. Everything is overgrown and unwashed, the voice is familiar and thick with a cough. The words it speaks so similar.

"But doesn't the extra hour in bed just feel so good?"

Origin: Probably wherever the seven deadly sins came from.

"They can wait..."

Prey: It preys when you're feeling tired, when you're feeling slobbish. It senses your moment of weakness and jumps at the chance. It feeds on the satisfaction of when you give up, listening to it's sugared words. When you think you've had enough or when you think you can leave it til later, it feeds you what you want to hear.

"Just because you had one nap doesn't mean you can't have another..."

What feelings are sent: The slobbish moments, your gluttonous moments. The feeling of leaving it til later, of having one more.

"Oh it doesn't matter, you know it well enough to pass."

How to kill: You outrun it. When you decide to go for that five minute jog, it can barely keep up. When you eat something healthy, you make it feel sick. When you listen to that motivational piece of music, it feels it's power dwindle. When you feel proper emotion, it sinks into the corner. When you hold another person close and kiss their beautiful lips, it watches in defeat. When you look into the mirror and smile, it watches over your shoulder in envy. You feel good, you kill it.

"You'll come back to me one day. You'll wish you listened to me. They don't care about you, only I do what's best for you. Instead of seeing them tonight, you should see me. You deserve another hour right? An extra bite? They don't deserve any of you.

You'll come back... One day..."