What do you call these?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Minibit, Jun 3, 2014.


What do you call it?

  1. Ponytail holder

    6 vote(s)
  2. Hair tie

    10 vote(s)
  3. Hair elastic

    1 vote(s)
  4. Hair band

    9 vote(s)
  5. Hair binder

    0 vote(s)
  6. Ponytailer

    0 vote(s)
  7. Something else

    4 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    So, what do you refer to these as?
  2. If we're talking for my personal use, I'd call them "ammo". >.>
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've always called them hair ties, but I understand most people when they ask for elastics or hair bands.

    My mother's friend calls them Pretties. Threw me for a loop the first time
  4. My daughter called them pretties when she was little, and it stuck. I called them ponytail holders when I was younger, along with those evil ones with the balls at the end the nearly gave me a concussion whenever my mother fixed my hair.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I call them "Territory Markers"

    My girlfriend use to leave them everywhere....
    • Like Like x 3
  6. The ones with metal on them are instruments of torture, not innocent hair accessories. >_<
    • Like Like x 1
  7. We call them hair ties, hair bands, or 'scrunchies'. Though the real 'scrunchy' ones are the ones with more fabric around them.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I always called them hair ties as that seems to be their main function, tieing down hair. Though I think those with the metal bits deserve another name.
  10. It's either Ponytail Holder, or Hair Tie. It depends, really. :/
  11. I call them ponytail holders of doom and pain as those particular kinds snap on me all the time (I have very thick hair) so I prefer scrunchies.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rubber bands
  13. But but but... I call it like three different things!
    Gah, I'll go with Hair band.
    ... Yup. Let's go with that.
  14. Hair bands or rubber bands.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.