What Do We Do When We've Successfully Completed The Story Of An RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xillia

Sleepy Fox
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
The Dawn of Time~The Death of Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Drama, Magical, Modern, Sci-Fi (Iffy...)
Well, my question is just that! I know there's an RP graveyard, but my friend and I just finished one and what do we do when we've completed the story? Do we wait for it to disappear into nothingness as well? I think we should have like... A hall of memories for those completed stories, something that can be branded into its respective category and put in a place a little more fitting as opposed to a graveyard.

Well, my question is just that! I know there's an RP graveyard, but my friend and I just finished one and what do we do when we've completed the story? Do we wait for it to disappear into nothingness as well? I think we should have like... A hall of memories for those completed stories, something that can be branded into its respective category and put in a place a little more fitting as opposed to a graveyard.
I remember there used to be an RP Hall of Fame for completed roleplays, but I don't know where it went now. Likely, your roleplay will be graveyarded, but I think a Hall of Fame is a great idea. (Though then us staff might have to move other completed roleplays from the graveyard into there... o_o)

Yes, we actually had a Hall of Fame for completed stories but unfortunately it saw little use, so it was removed. Submitting it into thread moderation or waiting for it to be archived is the only thing you can do at this point.

Well, that's bogus... Alright. I understand the convenience levels it must have provided--most definitely were small. Thank you all for your time.

If it's any consolation, you can still have all those memories preserved in the graveyard, too. I'd say that a thread being archived hardly counts as "disappearing into nothingness". The whole point of the archive/graveyard is to make sure that people never lose their dead/completed RP's. o3o

Reactions: Lylith
If it's any consolation, you can still have all those memories preserved in the graveyard, too. I'd say that a thread being archived hardly counts as "disappearing into nothingness". The whole point of the archive/graveyard is to make sure that people never lose their dead/completed RP's. o3o
Right, but it's the connotation of the word I'm focusing on. So do all things die and to earth they shall return. I understand that much, but it feels a little opaque and limiting as far as creativity goes, which should forever remain a translucent and vivid dream, one that lives on, something like a soul. So... I liked the sound of this Hall Of Fame, it bears a nice entitlement to the perseverance and commitment people have poured into their stories, not to be branded with ones that started, got a few replies in and never finished.

Though, it's probably a hassle to manage, and I've been a part of a numerous amount of deadened stories, yet, it's the special ones that you can finish, and so I thought it would have just been cool to have a place where it can be honored and remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.