What did you like at first that wasn't as good the second time around?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

fatalrendezvous

Ever forward.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
What have you tried (whether it's food, an activity, a restaurant, a movie, etc) that you really liked the first time, but when you went back to try it again it disappointed you?

Did it eventually swing back to a level where you liked it? Or did it never live up to the memory?

My first exposure to a lot of Chinese dishes (the main ones that stick out to me being Peking Duck and red-braised pork belly) happened at this insanely gaudy 5-star hotel restaurant in Tianjin.

Literally ruined me, even though I religiously sample places in NA with peking duck when possible. It's typically enjoyable just not.. that romanticized first experience.

Quarterpounders from McD's. The first one I had was godlike. And then the rest just tasted like McDonald's. Bleh. Still try again every now and then. It's predictably a waste of calories.

Deadpool

I was 100% sucked into the advertising and riding that super hype train ever since that one cg sequence was leaked. I kept up with production and watched the movie opening day at an imax and had a great time, thought it was the most hilarious shit ever.
I re-watched it at home some months later after it had all died down and I realized it just wasn't funny.

I still think most of the advertisements for deadpool (and deadpool 2) are hilarious. In fact I think most of what Ryan Reynolds does as deadpool is great. But I don't think it can carry a full feature length film. I saw deadpool 2 today in theaters with a friend and my opinion remains the same on that.
Like I like it still, kind of, I guess.
But a lot of the jokes fall flat now, I wouldn't have gone by myself to the theater for it, and It's not something I'll rewatch.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Poptarts. >:[

• Haha
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Fishing. Had fun the first time I went, even caught a few fish. The second time I wondered how I managed to ignore the heat, and the bugs, and the damn smell the first time around.

When I was a child I liked A Troll in Central Park. Watched it as an adult...ugjfgjklf. It's so bad!

The first time I went on a Tilt-A-Whirl I enjoyed myself. The second time I burst into tears and they had to stop the ride for me.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: RX Inoxia
Leprous (band).
Tesseract (band), in particular album 'One'.
Pimpnite (youtube).
LobosJr (youtube).
Burger Fuel (restuarant).
Tonkotsu ramen (food).
Wearing a sports jacket <.< I buy too many sports jackets...

Edit: Shit...I misunderstood the thread. This is a list of things I didn't like and now really like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember how utterly enamored I was with flying when I was a kid. I basically spent a whole flight looking out the window at clouds and generally marveling at how I was flying.

Now I'm usually tired from travel hassle, vexed that I'm crammed like a sardine, and trying to decide what the optimal amount of water to drink is so I don't feel dehydrated but don't have to get people to move a bunch so I can pee.

Driving for sure! I remember being all excited the first and maybe the second time, but now I hate being behind the wheel, or even in a car! Leaves me anxious, and unless it's in a van or an SUV, I get CRAMPED in a car. My legs are too long for that!

• Thank You
Basically all of my childhood television series.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Domino's pizza. The first time I had it, it was after a party and it was the first time I had been able to get pizza (or really any food) delivered. When I think of that companies pizzas, my mind always goes to those good memories until I've eaten like one slice when I suddenly remember that it is actually terrible.

Paint balling. The first time I went was great. Every time after that has just seemed to involve more getting hurt then fun.

Yu-Gi-Oh and every other 4Kids WB adaptation I watched after school like junk food. I wouldn't be so mad if I hadn't found out the level of bastardization later. Yu-Gi-Oh abridged was the best thing to come of that.

Dress up dolls online, wouldn't say I hate them now tho. Creepypasta, "scary" internet myths and games have less effect on me now and I actively dislike them usually because of how the truth (sometimes scarier than fiction) is concealed by make believe stories.

I still like the absolute edgiest metal and rock I adored and sang along to, and watched amvs of as a teen (think Three Days Grace, Evanescence, Last Resort, Crawling in My Skin)...But it's definitely become a meme and so I can't just jam out the way I used to, doesn't feel right.

Yu-Gi-Oh and every other 4Kids WB adaptation I watched after school like junk food. I wouldn't be so mad if I hadn't found out the level of bastardization later. Yu-Gi-Oh abridged was the best thing to come of that.

Dress up dolls online, wouldn't say I hate them now tho. Creepypasta, "scary" internet myths and games have less effect on me now and I actively dislike them usually because of how the truth (sometimes scarier than fiction) is concealed by make believe stories.

I still like the absolute edgiest metal and rock I adored and sang along to, and watched amvs of as a teen (think Three Days Grace, Evanescence, Last Resort, Crawling in My Skin)...But it's definitely become a meme and so I can't just jam out the way I used to, doesn't feel right.
I reckon if you want to jam evanesence, then you do you. It's just a stigma that says you shouldn't like them. Like paramore or pan!c. They have artistic value. Fuck consensus.

• Bucket of Rainbows