Welcome to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poison_Siren

Original poster
xmen_by_spytroop-d53ac2h.gif

"Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward." -Prof. Charles Francis Xavier

Those are the exact words that are very own Charles Xavier once spoken. Remember your mutation is not a curse but a gift that you and ONLY you can control. This year I have decided to reopen the Institute in memory of Professor Xavier. He would want his dream of opening up a school for gifted young people to continue. It has been twenty years since the death of our beloved Professor but we all know that his spirit will always live among us. We are the future. We ARE the X-Men.

x2_logo.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome

xavier_87030.jpg

Welcome new students to the Institute, I'm Dr. Jean Grey your new Headmistress. Before we get started on your enrollment here on campus, I would like to go over the ground rules.
  • Be respectful of others and their style of posting.
  • No Godmodding and powerplay.
  • No Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues.
  • No one-liners.
  • Be able to post good decent size paragraphs.
  • Make sure spelling and grammar are accurate.
  • Keep it to a PG-13 level.
  • If you're wanting to leave the campus PM me.
  • If you're wanting to be a teacher PM me so I can give you the teacher application.
  • If you're wanting to play one of the cannon characters, PM me and I will ask you to give me a 400 word rp sample of that character you wish to play.
  • The most important one of all: Have fun!!!

Now that's out of the way, let me give you the layout and some history of the mansion.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

The age limit here at the Institute is 11-22 for students who wished to stay longer. I know how hard it is for us mutants to try and live in peace in today's society. The campus is broken down into three smaller schools; Elementary(11-14), Junior(15-18), and Senior(19-22).

The Elementary school will not be able to participate in the Danger Room, but that does not mean you wont be able to learn the basics of how to accept and control your wonderful gift.

The Junior and Senior schools will be able to train in the Danger Room as see fit by their respective mentors.

In order to graduate each Senior student must be able to complete and pass both their solo and teamwork simulations, along side their general courses.

Here are the available courses you can take:
  • Math
  • Chemistry
  • Biology
  • History
  • Reading
  • Mechanics(only Juniors and Seniors)
  • Art
  • Wood Working(only Juniors and Seniors)
  • Music Appreciation

Student Application
NAME/CODE NAME:
PERSONALITY:
HEIGHT:
ORIENTATION:
POWER(maximum of two):
STRENGTHS:
WEAKNESSES:
CHARACTER BACKGROUND(200 word max.):
WHY DID YOU COME HERE?:
WHAT CLASSES DO YOU WANT TO TAKE?:

Again welcome to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, I'm really looking forward to meeting you. If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me.

(Changes might come)

Name/Code name
: Eve Jones/Mirage
Appearance:
[imga]http://wallpapermi.com/thumbnails/detail/20130111/women%20black%20people%20actress%20celebrity%20ponytails%20black%20hair%20grey%20background%20tatyana%20ali%202880x1800%20w_wallpapermi.com_77.jpg[/imga]

Personality:
Shy, since she grew up surrounded by one person only (her father) she isn't very used to people. (It has gotten better over the years). She prefers a good book over human company, but doesn't mind one on one conversations. She's usually calm (when no one's trying to talk to her) and to someone seeing her alone it might seem to them as if she's bored. To be around more than four or five people makes her anxious, and she often shy's away during such circumstances. She speaks very silently, and sees herself as an observer, someone that rarely interacts with people and just watches them from a distance (with some exceptions). If she interacts with others (because she wants to) then she tries to copy them, tries to camouflage herself to be a bit more like them instead of herself, so that she might be accepted more easily. (Ex. She's usually in high spirit and smiles a lot when she are with her father.)

Height:
1,68 meter
Orientation:
Asexual
Power:
Mirages (Can make people see what she wants them to see. Even though the mirages are just illusions, she can still make the people that are in the mirage feel like whatever happens within it is real. Ex. The illusion can't hurt anyone physically, but as long as they are in it they will believe that they are hurt if something in the illusion hurts them. If something in the physical world hurts them as they are inside the illusion, they cannot notice before the illusion is gone.)

Strength
:
Can make herself invincible (Or at least make other people believe she's invincible) if someone has ill intends towards her.
Can confuse people with illusions, or make them believe that they're badly injured
Has been taught in martial arts

Weakness:
Can't focus powers on only one person, everyone close enough can see the illusion.
Powers can go out of control while sleeping. (Making her dreams into an illusion) (Usually happens when having nightmares, or dreams that simply gives her strong emotions)
Mental instability (Depression, fears etc.) sometimes makes her unable to control her powers.
Mind readers (and people with powers that can sense things around them) might be able to spot her illusions and figure out what's reality and what's not even though their eyes only sees the illusion.

Horses (Loved to ride when she lived on the country side with her father)
Nature
(Most) Animals
Dislikes:
Crowded places/lots of people (Makes her anxious)
Rain
Screaming/Loud noises

Character background:
She grew up with her father out on the countryside, was home schooled until she was 15 years old. Once she started to go to a real school she had a hard time talking to people around her and she often felt anxious when people tried to socialize with her. Eventually she started to use her powers (usually without knowing it) to be invincible, which lead everyone to believe that she never came to school.

She told her father about her powers and her fear of being around people when she were 17. At first he was surprised, but once the shock had left him he decided to accept it. He tried to make her more comfortable around people by moving into the city and meeting people (together) more often. It did help slightly.

When they had moved into the city, they had bought an apartment and her fathers bedroom were in the room beside hers. Because of that they soon noticed that she used her powers while sleeping, as her father often woke up in the middle of Eve's nightmares. Eventually they got to know about Xavier's school for gifted youngsters, and soon after, Eve sent in her application.

Why did you come here?:
To learn to control my powers no matter what state of mind I am in. To learn how to handle my powers even when I'm anxious, and get a better understanding of myself.

What classes do you want to take?:
Math
Biology
History
Art

This sounds like an interesting rp. I absolutely love X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.