WELCOME TO BAND CAMP, SUCKAS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady Chess

That's right, kiddos! This is a marching band rp! So grab your reeds, drum pads, and dot books, because this is going to be a long road to championships.

East Salem High School – North Carolina
Home of the Dragons
School Colors: Red, gold and [BCOLOR=#ffffff]black[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Marching Show: unannounced [/BCOLOR]

Marching Dragons

2 Drum Majors *1 slot left
Colorguard (1 soloist)
Percussion: front ensemble and battery
Woodwinds: saxophone, clarinet, flute, piccolo
Brass: Trumpet, tuba, mellophone, baritone
1 section leader per section

This RP has the use of NPCs. Basically characters that no one in particular plays, but they are there for the sake of story. If you wish to add another npc, just create a bio for them and we'll see what we can work out.

Band Director: Jeff McSanders (Sanders) – Somewhat uptight, but a dry sense of humor. He tends to prefer the students be tidy and is always asking them to pick up after themselves and DO NOT EAT IN THE BANDROOM. In terms of what he is planning for the show, he tends to be secretive. Other than that, he doesn't really care for the drama that goes on between the students and will only intervene when their membership in the band is jeopardized. He is nice when he needs to be, otherwise he is quiet and to himself. He can't handle students crying very well, however. He doesn't know how to handle it and always ends up treating them like a baby.

Assistant Director: Michel Keller (Keller) – Super laidback and will talk to students about almost anything. He likes to gossip about what's going on with the students in terms of drama and will more often be found coaching the brass instruments. He absolutely will not talk to any of the students about his love life or the fact that Maddie swears she has seen him on a dinner date with a young man… more than once.

Front Ensemble Tech: Maddison Jenkins (Maddie) – Super giggly and had a merciless love for pudding. She just graduated from college and sometimes you can find her working downtown at the Starbucks. She adores gossip, but pretends she doesn't because she has this thing that she says a lot "I need to act professional", even though she doesn't at all.

Battery Percussion Tech: Miguel Bengali (Mic) – Probably the chillest dude you'll meet in the band. He doesn't really care for drama or gossip, but he loves to play cards. He's not supposed to gamble, but no one tells Sanders about what he does or doesn't do.

Winds Tech: Joseph Borne (Joe) – One of the most uptight people you will meet in terms of being punctual and at every single practice, volunteer opportunity, and fundraiser. This man lives, breathes, and bleeds band. He is really funny and cool otherwise, but if you have a sore throat, you'd be better off going to Keller.

Just to give us an idea on what the characters are up against and the amount of pressure on them, here is a schedule. Please use this to your advantage.

BAND CAMP:
  • 2 weeks before school starts
  • Monday-Friday
  • 8am-10pm
  • 1 hour lunch break at 12pm, 2 hour dinner break at 6pm
  • Each section decides their own break times
  • The first week of band camp is mostly sectionals. The second week is more of full band rehearsal. The whole band eats lunch and dinner at the same time.
AFTER SCHOOL PRACTICES:
  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
  • 3pm-6pm
PARADES:
  • Salem Christmas parade
  • MLK parade

FOOTBALL GAMES:
  • Every other Friday
  • 7pm-12am (usually just until the game ends)
COMPETITIONS:
  • BOA Southeastern Regional Championships, Atlanta GA
  • Pride of the Mountains Competition, Western Carolina University
  • TBA
  • Play nice, obviously, no G-modding, etc. Anyone reporting this should report it directly to me (Lady Chess)
  • Additional members need to be approved by me (npc or not)
  • Please don't bring personal drama into the rp
  • Don't let the staff catch you being romantic. As long as it's gossip, they can't interfere. If they find you in action, it won't be good.
  • If you aren't sure how something works in a marching band, feel free to ask. We have veterans here as well as rookies alike, so don't get nervous or shut down.
  • You're allowed to curse, just not around the staff.
  • Please try to post at least once a week at minimum.

- Battery Section Leader - Alice Marzinsky@LadyChess
- Drum Major - Valentin C. Lockhart @REincarnate
- Trumpet - Louis Smith @Freyja
- Tuba - Charlie Dahn@Basacura

We're planning on designing uniforms, the mascot, and getting pictures for our npcs. If you wish to assist us, just let me know. Just be aware that this info section may be changing quite a bit as we go on.
Character Sign Up:

NAME:
INSTRUMENT:
*RETURNING MEMBER: Yes or no. (Meaning, if your character has marched in this band in previous years)
SEXUALITY:
PERSONALITY:
APPEARANCE: (can be written, picture, or photograph. It's whatever)
CONSENT FORM: I (your character's name here) accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.

*Things I've updated will have an asterisk by them.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
NAME: Alice Marzinsky, BABBY!
INSTRUMENT: SNARE DRUM!!! Battery section leader
AGE/GRADE: Junior, 17
RETURNING MEMBER: Yes
SEXUALITY:Straight
PERSONALITY: Alice tends to be very spirited and energetic and really into band. She loves to laugh and joke around. She does well enough in classes to stay in band, but other than that the only class she any good in is her math class. She is always doing random, silly stuff, but during practice she can get pretty intense about making the show the best that it can be.
APPEARANCE:
charlette_cheshire_by_charlette_cheshire-d50z6a3.png

CONSENT FORM: I, Alice Marzinsky, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.

Last edited:
Excuse me, could I join too?
I'll even help with the outfits!

Thanks! Just checking ;)

NAME: Louis Smith
INSTRUMENT: Trumpet
AGE/GRADE: 20, 'Super Senior'
SEXUALITY: Straight
PERSONALITY: Louis is a huge lover of classical music, but not so much of people. If you ask him a favour or ask him a question, he usually just replies in nods, grunts or plain actions. When it comes to band performance he will work hard to perform well, even though people usually take his cold expression as lack of interest. When it is about school, yes, he does have a lack of interest and that's why he failed not only his second year, but also his final exam.
APPEARANCE:[Iwaku won't allow me to change size] So, hopefully you don't mind me using a link.
CONSENT FORM: I, Louis Smith, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
NAME: Valentin C. Lockhart
INSTRUMENT: drum major
AGE/GRADE: Senior, 19
SEXUALITY: straight
PERSONALITY: funny, open, social, honest, loyal, stubborn, and silly.
APPEARANCE:
15cy9us.jpg
CONSENT FORM: I, Valentin C.Lockhart, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.

@Freyja I love him and, yes, the picture is fine, but you do realize this is a high school rp, right? We can work around him being older, but I just wanted your thoughts on that. Or is he a super senior, meaning he has failed a couple of times. I had a couple of people in my old band who were that way, so it's nothing to be ashamed of.

@Lady Chess
Yes, sorry. I had an old classmate who was 20, because he not only failed one year but also his exam. I'll add it to his application to clear it up.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lady Chess
NAME: Valentin C. Lockhart
INSTRUMENT: drum major
AGE/GRADE: Senior, 19
SEXUALITY: straight
PERSONALITY: funny, open, social, honest, loyal, stubborn, and silly.
APPEARANCE:
15cy9us.jpg
CONSENT FORM: I, Valentin C.Lockhart, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.
Sanders skims over Valentin's application the way someone skims the morning newspaper on a slow news day. Drum majors are never truly new news since they have to go through a week's audition process prior. It wasn't like he was going to reject Valentin in the first place. He looks up at him with an unsurprised, almost humorous expression.

"Welcome to the band, Valentine."

Thanks! Just checking ;)

NAME: Louis Smith
INSTRUMENT: Trumpet
AGE/GRADE: 20, 'Super Senior'
SEXUALITY: Straight
PERSONALITY: Louis is a huge lover of classical music, but not so much of people. If you ask him a favour or ask him a question, he usually just replies in nods, grunts or plain actions. When it comes to band performance he will work hard to perform well, even though people usually take his cold expression as lack of interest. When it is about school, yes, he does have a lack of interest and that's why he failed not only his second year, but also his final exam.
APPEARANCE:[Iwaku won't allow me to change size] So, hopefully you don't mind me using a link.
CONSENT FORM: I, Louis Smith, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.
Sanders takes your application and glances it over with a smile. "Back for another year, huh? You make me think you don't graduate just so you can be in band. This is the last year you can join, though. so make the best of it. Once your 21, there's no coming back."

"Welcome to the band, Louis."

Valentin nodded "hmm? Oh yeah, uhm thanks. Can I go now, or..?"

Louis silently nodded, as usual not a word left his thin lips. Felt weird to know he only had one year left to play in this band, but it seems school will have to require most of is attention this time. Failing his final exam again, would mean getting expelled and very upset parents. They know his attention has always lied in playing music, but in times like this a musician needs more than it's music to earn money. His conscience trails back to the subject at hand and his eyes glance at the man before him. Louis makes a short bow as he noticed that there was nothing left to say of value and thus he took his leave.

NAME: Charlie Dahn
INSTRUMENT: Tuba
AGE/GRADE: 18/Senior
*RETURNING MEMBER: Yes
SEXUALITY: Heterosexual
PERSONALITY: Charlie is a pretty weird chick (as if being a woman named Charlie wasn't weird enough). She's into snails, anime, and terrible movies, things that the normal youth kind of just scoff at. In her own words, that is if you are ever able to get her to speak, she is not shy but "reserved." Furthermore, when she does finally speak, one discovers there's a plethora of "comedy gold" (a relative statement that acts more as a testimony of her weirdness more than her actual hilarity) to be found within her words. Charlie uses her tuba to speak for her, processing her emotions and feelings into songs she often practices during her lunch period. Charlie is content with being quiet and to herself, but there's a bit of loneliness that comes with being the outcast that she cannot quite shake off. School councilors call it "bipolar." She calls it the "gift of many artists before her."
APPEARANCE: Charlie is 5'3, making her shorter than most women her age. She has her mother's curled brown hair and her father's caramel skin. One of her most prided features are her eyes, which are each a warm, deep hazel. Even having a diet that mostly consists of pocky and Skittles, Charlie only comes out weighing around 125 pounds, a fact that tends to astonish her family and has garnered her the nick name "Food Reaper." She likes cute girly things like bows and Hello Kitty adornments, but has been trying to find clothes with a more mature appearance. Even still, she typically wears her favorite Choco Cat graphic tee with a pair of far-too-short shorts.
CONSENT FORM: I, Snail Lord Charlie Dahn, accept the duty dooty and responsibility that comes with being in the band hella rad. I will be at every almost every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band snail juice. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed get over himself. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude has a poopy haircut.

NAME: Charlie Dahn
INSTRUMENT: Tuba
AGE/GRADE: 18/Senior
*RETURNING MEMBER: Yes
PERSONALITY: Charlie is a pretty weird chick (as if being a woman named Charlie wasn't weird enough). She's into snails, anime, and terrible movies, things that the normal youth kind of just scoff at. In her own words, that is if you are ever able to get her to speak, she is not shy but "reserved." Furthermore, when she does finally speak, one discovers there's a plethora of "comedy gold" (a relative statement that acts more as a testimony of her weirdness more than her actual hilarity) to be found within her words. Charlie uses her tuba to speak for her, processing her emotions and feelings into songs she often practices during her lunch period. Charlie is content with being quiet and to herself, but there's a bit of loneliness that comes with being the outcast that she cannot quite shake off. School councilors call it "bipolar." She calls it the "gift of many artists before her."
APPEARANCE: Charlie is 5'3, making her shorter than most women her age. She has her mother's curled brown hair and her father's caramel skin. One of her most prided features are her eyes, which are each a warm, deep hazel. Even having a diet that mostly consists of pocky and Skittles, Charlie only comes out weighing around 125 pounds, a fact that tends to astonish her family and has garnered her the nick name "Food Reaper." She likes cute girly things like bows and Hello Kitty adornments, but has been trying to find clothes with a more mature appearance. Even still, she typically wears her favorite Choco Cat graphic tee with a pair of far-too-short shorts.
CONSENT FORM: I, Snail Lord Charlie Dahn, accept the duty dooty and responsibility that comes with being in the band hella rad. I will be at every almost every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band snail juice. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed get over himself. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude has a poopy haircut.
Everything seemed normal until Sanders got to the bottom, where Charlie could tell he was obviously holding back an eruption of laughter. His face still angled at the paper, his eyes peered at her from over the corner. "Mr. Borne will be happy to know you're back," he huffed, a slight humor in his tone. "Are you sure you want to march tuba again? Every year I get questioned by all the band moms, asking me if it's really a good idea to let someone your size march the largest instrument in the band." Glanced back down at the paper and stared at it blankly, shrugging off the concerns. Tubas were not instruments you can just turn away.

"Welcome to the band, Charlie."

Charlie gave a smile akin to a lewd predator. Mr. Sanders was always so understanding of her weirdness that she felt comfortably enough to share her perversity with him. Unfortunately, Charlie's bizzaro filter seemed off today as she smiled at Sanders for a couple of seconds longer than socially needed, causing unease and awkwardness to pervasively seep through the atmosphere at an uncontrollable rate.

Recognizing that she just dropped the biggest weird bomb of her teenage career, Charlie decided to exit posthaste. Just as she turned to leave, she bumped into her old band mate, Alice. Fearing social interaction, Charlie dashed out of the room.

(I just found this and being in my first year of marching band, I thought it was great! I really hope that it isn't late to join.)

NAME: Thomas Gildron

INSTRUMENT: Flute

AGE/GRADE: 15/Freshman

*RETURNING MEMBER: Nope.

PERSONALITY: Obnoxious at most times, yet calm at others. He's really excited for his first year marching. So, he may get loud. A lot.

APPEARANCE: tumblr_lvi4f0Dnzp1r3ygzq.gif (Pretty much.)

CONSENT FORM: I, Thomas Gildron, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.

(I just found this and being in my first year of marching band, I thought it was great! I really hope that it isn't late to join.)

NAME: Thomas Gildron

INSTRUMENT: Flute

AGE/GRADE: 15/Freshman

*RETURNING MEMBER: Nope.

PERSONALITY: Obnoxious at most times, yet calm at others. He's really excited for his first year marching. So, he may get loud. A lot.

APPEARANCE: View attachment 39838 (Pretty much.)

CONSENT FORM: I, Thomas Gildron, accept the duty and responsibility that comes with being in the band. I will be at every practice, competition, parade, and performance. I will live, breathe and bleed band. If I fail these expectations I give Mr. Borne full consent to hunt me down and make me jazz run until I bleed. I also understand that Mr. Borne did not make Mr. Keller write this against his will. Also, Mr. Keller is a super cool dude.
((Not too late at all. Though, we tend to move kind of slow here. I hope you have fun!))

Sanders looks over the application swiftly and without any words. He stared out it for about ten minutes before he said anything. "You're freshman flute, huh? Well, it takes all kinds." He rests his head on his hand with a bored expression, "It's a good thing we need woodwinds so badly."

"Welcome to the band, Thomas."

Hey, we're trying. If you want to write, though, Charlie is interacting with you. I don't know if you can tell.

Reactions: REincarnate
Status
Not open for further replies.