EXERCISE Weekly challenge #11: You know what day it is.

Discussion in 'REFINING WRITING' started by Vay, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Well it still is for some of you. Thats right I'm bringing the mushy romance all to the writing section.... well opening the door for it it you guys going to do the bringing. It is (or was) valentines day.

So for all you new guys, just write a short post about the subject, no skill required its all for fun.

This week's phrase: Because its Valentine's
  2. [​IMG]

For Valentine's Day, I decided to bake a dozen cupcakes, each with a candy heart upon the frosting. My love fancies white cake with vanilla frosting, which I planned to dye red just for this occasion. Some sprinkles, too. These cupcakes will be so ultimately sweet, so I decided to schedule a dentist appointment. The time and date are even written down in the adorable card I purchased.

Everything was gathered on the counter. I mean everything. The cookie cutters, every spatula, every bowl... I was simply too excited. This clutter just wouldn't do, though.

While my back was turned, my hands reaching to put some extra unneeded bowls away, I hear a mewl. That was, without a doubt, my feline friend. "How was your nap?" I ask aloud, of course knowing I'd get no response. Once the cupboards got closed, a smile instantly brightens my face.

"Cookie! What are you doing in the mixing bow?" I laugh, petting the cat on the head. She purrs as I scratch her ears, her eyes closing as well. Clearly, she was hoping to have another nap. It looks like my cupcakes will have to be delayed! Suddenly, I hear the door unlock and then open. Hastily, I grab the bowl with Cookie still curled inside it and rush to my Valentine.

"Have a Cookie," I coo, winking at him. All he did was laugh, then pet our cat on the head. "Happy Heart's Day!"
  3. "You're such an asshole!" She screamed down the hall, pelting the insulted man with conversation hearts and a vase with a single stem of a red rose in it. There was a tinkling sound as it connected with him and then dropped to the floor, breaking to pieces, some slicing into his bare feet.

"Mary! Come on, I swear, it's not what it looks like!" He pleaded, wincing at the glass, when he suddenly spotted what she'd be propelling at him next. "Oh shit.... Mary! Come on! I swear I wasn't doing anything!" The man yelled at, backing away from the woman, who was now holding a very large knife in one hand, and a gigantic teddybear in the other; The same teddybear he had gotten her four hours ago.

Instead of throwing the knife, or threatening him with it, she silently cut the stuffed-animal's head off, tears rolling down her cheeks. "If you're telling the truth, Jack, why the hell were you in that jewelry store with that... that girl! You put a ring on her hand! I know what I saw!" She exclaimed, dropping both the knife and the bear when Jack came towards her again, cringing as he walked on injured feet again.

"I was practicing." He muttered under his breath, and when she asked him to speak louder, he got down on one knee and smiled up at her. "I was practicing so that I wouldn't be stuttering or saying something stupid... Mary.... " He paused as he fished a small red box out of his pocket and took her hand in his and smiled up at her. "Will you be my Valentine?" He asked, opening the box, within, there was a red stone, cut in the shape of a heart.

"Can we go to the hospital now? I'm pretty sure not many other people are there... because it's Valentine's... I doubt that many people get hurt today." He laughed quietly under his breath as Mary stood there, unsure of what to do.