2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Superhero, Horror, Western, Crime Fiction, Anime

thumb-1920-557211.jpg

tropper.regular.png

hertine-personal-use.regular.png

Acera is a planet on the brink of chaos.

For what seems like centuries, the nations of Acera have been toiling in the mud and dirt as death rained down from above. Some believe the world is near breaking point and the cause of that breaking point is the mineral known as etherium.

More valuable than oil and gasoline, gold or silk. A mineral that could generate so much power and wondrous results with little tampering. A mineral that some called magical when it was discovered close to forty years ago. It changed gunsmithing and blacksmithing alike in an instant. For bullets and pellets made of etherium could cause chemical reactions and devastating damage with little effort. When the Grand Dominion of Lagrande fired an artillery shell made out of etherium into the heart of the Vannetais Republic the city was destroyed. One shot. Mass destruction beyond the imagination. Genocide of a well-educated populace. Erasure of cultural monuments. The Republic conceded to Lagrande and became no more. In many minds it was the shot that was heard around the world. For the last twenty years, a war of dangerous lengths has pushed into a rigorous stalemate.

In the Kingdom of Volkovia, a push to liberate Vannetais from its Lagrandian Occupation has persisted. Though not many remain so hopeful. When does the next artillery shell drop? How many does Lagrande have of that magnitude? And what lengths will Lagrande go to have every piece of it in all of Acera? Word has come across the ranks about a laboratory in the mines in the northern mountains. Something strange happened and it has caught Lagrande's attention. But it's not important. Soldiers stay behind the trenches, fighting charge-to-charge as they have done so for two decades. However, maybe it's not so unimportant to you.

You're an outsider. In your world you were a nobody, somebody unimportant. But something that happened between Earth and Acera has made things odd. Confusing. This isn't a normal Isekai story. You don't remember much—things are fuzzy. When you come to you're in somebody else's body with gun or pike in hand. Your head is a mess, but all you know is you have to react. As far as you can tell you do not have magical powers. Perhaps you think it's a dream. It doesn't matter. You're being charged by a soldier as gunfire rains down around you. Your instincts are someone else's but you are in control. All you know is you have to survive.

Can You?

Current inklings of an idea. Not sure how many players I'm looking for to tell a touch-and-go isekai story with dashes of Valkyria Chronicles and other influences, but I thought I'd throw it out there. COVID boredom, perhaps.

Last edited:
We can also consider this a brainstorming thing if the interest check needs expansion.

Very interesting. Have to ask is Acera going through its verison of the 17th century or The 18th?

Definitely sounds interesting. Do you have a post length requirement?

Hey~hey!!

Oooohh!! Boo likey!!^^!!

But i'd like to add to ^that question with these!

~your desired post frequency?
~Is Discord required?

~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya!!

Interesting concept. And in an unrelated note, I love your username. The text as poison, as cure, as sacrifice. Wish I'd thought of it myself.

Very interesting. Have to ask is Acera going through its verison of the 17th century or The 18th?
Probably somewhere close to the 18th with dashes of the early 20th. I wanted the war to be a tank-less version of the Great War to some extent, but with more Renaissance/Enlightenment Age motifs.

As for the other questions:

- I'm adaptable and back in a good headspace creatively so I can post as often as needed. Players should post at least once a week or once every two, but ideally it should be more the former than the latter to keep a smooth ship.

- I write at an intermediate to advanced level. I write descriptively and generally two paragraphs at once, though I do not hold any sort of word count in my projects. Some posts will be longer than others and not every writer is a maximalist.

- I can make a discord channel on my main server or separately if needed, I haven't thought about it.

- No dice. Tabletop this is not. But I think there will be some form of stats in the sense of the bodies you guys are isekai-ing into have their own skills and instincts. The opener is supposed to be jarring, but people are going to know how to shoot and fight. Your consciousness is inhabiting someone else's body so their innate skills are going to be second nature to you.

So the main characters we rped will be isekai?

Definitely sounds like a fun time, then!

I'd second a discord server/channel. It makes it much easier to talk and discuss roleplay stuff.

Definitely sounds like a fun time, then!

I'd second a discord server/channel. It makes it much easier to talk and discuss roleplay stuff.
I have made discords for pretty much every RP I've done, so that's cool. I got no issue with it.

Anyone else?

This seems quite interesting.