2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
Genres
Romance, Smut, Fluff
I made a character recently and I want to make her a tsundere, but I don't really know how a tsundere acts. I know a tsundere acts like they don't care about stuff (I'm assuming), but that's about it. So, do any of of you have any tips on how to maje my character more tsundere-ish. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks! (If this is the wrong place to post this I will move it.

Hey Apple, I saw your character and she's looking good! Tsunderes tend to be among my "preferred archetypes" and so I'll try to offer you some advice.

I tend to make my tsunderes overly emotional, though this is often hidden under a cloak of indifference. Most tsunderes are known for being notoriously hot-headed and their trope typically implies that they have a love interest that they will frequently act angry and sometimes even hateful towards, but more often than not, they will try to show affection to said love interest while trying to retain said air of indifference. It's true that not all tsunderes are hot-headed and some try to act "cool", but they will act flustered regardless towards their love interest.

tl:dr; Tsunderes are known for being indifferent and often in denial, especially in regards to their love interest. If you want to make your character more of a "tsundere", give him or her a hidden talent or genius that they are trying to hide from the world, a hot-headed temperament, a love interest that they can be flustered around, and maybe a secret that they just might be hiding.

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie and junebug
Hey Apple, I saw your character and she's looking good! Tsunderes tend to be among my "preferred archetypes" and so I'll try to offer you some advice.

I tend to make my tsunderes overly emotional, though this is often hidden under a cloak of indifference. Most tsunderes are known for being notoriously hot-headed and their trope typically implies that they have a love interest that they will frequently act angry and sometimes even hateful towards, but more often than not, they will try to show affection to said love interest while trying to retain said air of indifference. It's true that not all tsunderes are hot-headed and some try to act "cool", but they will act flustered regardless towards their love interest.

tl:dr; Tsunderes are known for being indifferent and often in denial, especially in regards to their love interest. If you want to make your character more of a "tsundere", give him or her a hidden talent or genius that they are trying to hide from the world, a hot-headed temperament, a love interest that they can be flustered around, and maybe a secret that they just might be hiding.
Thanks! This really helps a lot! :)

Reactions: Blake Belladonna
Alrighty.

There are many different kinds of tsunderes. You might need to be a little more specific than that. Maybe name a tsundere character that you wish yours would be closely similiar to?

Personally, my favourite kind of tsundere is the 'Shanaclone'. Follows a close guideline. A little restricting but I ditch restrictions so I don't feel restricted.

I myself am trying to recreate a tsundere personality but I'm too goody two shoes for that. Once I semi-perfect it, I'll throw in other traits, because I don't want my character's sole trait to be 'tsundere'.

The tsundere trait is heavily reliant on character development. They tend to display hearts of iron or cold at first that metaphorically melt as the story progresses. It's important to keep track of development to make sure it isn't too fast, or too unrealistically draggy.

Ah yes the tsundere. The type of personality that narrows the gap of love and anger when they fall in love. Sometimes violent, often just unable to deal with their own emotions. My favorite right after kuudere, but that's another story.

Well this type is cute, but difficult to play. Even more so when not used to it. The best advice I think I can give you is to learn from example. Watch anime with a tsundere heroine (because main characters have obviously more screen time than side characters). From the top of my head, I remember Shana from Shakugan no Shana (Modern Fantasy), Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (Medieval Fantasy), Taiga Aisaka from Toradora (Slice of life), and Misaka Mikoto from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Post modern Fantasy. Also, she is a side character in To Aru Majutsu no Index). Their tsundereness is similar and they start with no positive feelings for their love interest, making them similar, yet have their differences. Now... I would love to get into detail about them, but I'm afraid if I do that, I would spoil you their stories. Sorry about that. But if you have the time for it look them up, go ahead. Their series are around 13 episodes per season so they shouldn't take too much of your time. But to give you at least a little impression of them, they do have different base personalities. Shana is strict, Louise is spoiled, Taiga is violent, and Misaka is a badass. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.