Vigilance: Blood and Justice [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point while the girl rambled, Abby made the conscious decision to take off her scarf as soon as they were alone. She listened to the girl talk, smiling despite herself. "Don't worry. I'm a hype, so me being against hypes would be kinda stupid." She reassured the girl. She raised her eyebrows as Morgan said, "Everyone thinks that when you have a mind you are dangerous. Well, just because I am pretty and have a mind doesn't mean I am weird." She was about to answer, when the younger girl asked if she was bothering her and her mind started to ramble again. Abby laughed a little.

"No, you're not bothering me. And being pretty and having a mind can actually work to your advantage. I used to do it all the time in college- guys would come over, buy me a drink and then I'd start rambling on about my course and what we were studying in detail. They'd leave me alone pretty quickly, and I'd get a free drink out of it. But you do have to work a lot harder to be taken seriously."

She glanced around. They appeared to be more or less alone, so she untied the scarf from around her face and shoved it into her pocket, running her hands through her hair to tidy it up. "When I'm hiding my identity, it's pretty clear that I'm a hype or a vigilante or something, which is basically asking for abuse from some people. But now, I'm unremarkable." She explained to the younger girl, grinning a little.

By chance Emma had failed to notice the movement in the soup, even though she was close by enough to notice it. Her focus had long since shifted away from 'finding what's odd and a possible hype ability' to 'I just want to get some dry clothes'.
As she waited till Ewan would guide her to wherever he had some spare clothes, Emma had taken note to how he asked if Zebulun wanted to come along to the office. Judging by that, Emma concluded that Ewan had really only offered a spare change of clothes, and nothing beyond that. No one would ask a child to tag along if they intended to flirt and have fun somewhere after all. Unless of course they had rehearsed this and it was just a facade. But what was the chance of that happening.

Even though she didn't do it on purpose, Emma kept a constant watch on her surroundings. A side effect of all the training she had been through these past two years, even if she would still miss details and react too late to happenings. Being aware of your surroundings could mean a great difference between life and death, even if the situation wasn't likely to go haywire. Plus, there was the added bonus that anything she could remember now would be things she could summon later.

As she was taking in the details of her surroundings, Emma noticed the distinct sound of a door locking behind her. Sure the door had been locked when they had come, but it felt... a little creepy perhaps.
Staying on guard she kept her focus on every little detail that she could spot. The entrances to different rooms, every step he made as he walked up, any possible hesitations in his step (there was none), and the items she encountered while they walked. There were frames with various records and stuff of a group she had heard of before. She didn't take the time to read the details or look at all the probably useful information that was displayed. She just noted the name, and figured it could work as a quick shield if she could pry one off the wall if need be. Why had she said yes to needing some dry clothes again?

When she passed a window that showed a recording studio she raised one eyebrow. That was some expensive stuff, only counting the electronics. You wouldn't want hooligans run around through these halls, and with the amount of crime lately, it made sense to lock everything up. If she reasoned logically, she could see the reasoning behind locking the door to avoid that strangers would constantly walk in, and wreck everything, but that didn't completely calm her down.
One door later and she was inside what had to be an office.

There was a lot more valuable stuff here, so the theory of 'locking the place up for safety' was making more and more sense, though a little word about the matter would have been much appreciated. The place was nicely decorated, so she had to give him that. And with the amount of instruments around one'd almost have to assume he was a musician too. Once she was home she would google it, no point in wasting thinking power on it now. Right now the closet deserved all her attention.

"Wow." The room she was directed at took her breath away. A walk in closet stuffed with clothes. And not just one or two styles, no, everything was there, judging by the initial glance.
Oh she was definitely remembering this place for later.
She turned to Ewan as he explained about the contents. Right, avoid the back, to the left and a few on the right for clothes of his late fiancé.
Wait late fiancé?

"Late fiancé?" She repeated. Ex meant a break up, the woman would have been a fool to let a guy like that stand, but late implied death. "What... happened? If I may ask?"
She walked further into the closet, scanning the articles. Few fancy items, definitely worth remembering, some regular every day things, she'd make use of that now, and a whole range in between.
Dropping her bag on the ground she rummaged through the various shirts till she found a cute white top with the word 'Reckless' written on it in blue. A befitting print, if she did say so herself. Without paying much mind to the guy in the office, she took off her coat, dumping it next to her bag.
Her coat had dampened her bra by now, but she could live with that, her hair would be making streaks on the shirt as well, so she pulled the top over her head. After pulling her hair from underneath the shirt she was done. Em picked up her bag and walked towards the exit.

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Daniel raised up his hand and gave a little wave as the two women departed, leaving him standing alone. All there seemed to be in those few moments was the sound of rain hammering against his hood, and the distant flashing of the emergency lights in his eyes. Danny slowly let his hand back down and watched the two disappear into the mist of the downpour as they first became dark figures, and then finally went beyond his sight completely. The man took in a deep breath, rolled back his shoulders and finally turned around. His every step was accompanied by splashes of water, the rain having built up an almost persistent layer of liquid throughout the city. He was thankful that the flooding wasn't as bad in his area as it was in others.
As he thought on about this, Daniel reached out for one of the handles on his motorcycle and swung a leg over, his rear meeting an uncomfortably wet seat. He quickly cursed himself for forgetting to bring a cover, but figured he might be forgiven due to the circumstances. Finally Daniel removed his MDF mask and placed it into a pouch on the side of his bike, before placing a standard helmet on top of his head, the enclosed space somehow providing him with a sense of warmth and security. Turning the key and revving his engine, Danny felt a friendly familiarity that he always got when he rode. That sense of freedom. Of being alive. Which he was especially thankful for after today. And then he set off, building up speed gradually before maintaining it at a safe level.

He navigated the streets with ease. More than once he had claimed that he could drive through the whole city with his eyes closed and know exactly where he was. An audacious, and untrue, claim but not wholly without founding. He knew the city streets and alleys better than most, and he was proud to boast about it. The roar of his motorbike's engine defied the rain, reaching a greater volume and filling the sparsely populated roads. He whizzed through traffic as if it wasn't even there, only slowing down for red lights and nothing else.
Thanks to such skillful driving, Daniel was back at the garage and took great care in storing his motorbike away along with all the others. All the others save for one of course. His, no his father's...no, his grandfather's. Their family's prized Black Shadow. Such a distinctive vehicle couldn't been seen in their garage due to its association with the street-sweeper vigilante of the same name. Due to him. No, it was kept safely away at a nearby storage facility. His brother's idea, and a good one at that. After securing the motorbike he had been using, Daniel took off his poncho and shook it for a few seconds, before placing it on a nearby hanger and picking up a waterproof jacket instead.

As quickly as he had entered the garage, Daniel left and locked up before trudging down the street to Tinker's place, where he was hoping his family and friend would be. It was only a short journey, but it sure was gloomy. The street lights were even dimmer than usual thanks to the recent crisis, so most of his walking was just guesswork. But still it didn't take long to arrive at his destination. The old musty windows were a familiar sight, with security being provided by some fencing on the inside and a shutter which was pulled down whenever Tinker wasn't in. A rusty sign designated it as just 'The Pawn Shop', but it was more than that. If there was something you needed, legal or not, Tinker was the man to go to in The Narrows, and the Grey's were very lucky to have him as a friend.

Daniel cooly walked in through the door but was surprised to find Chris, Tinker and his mother all sitting around watching the unfolding events at city hall on the TV. His mum and Tinker had simply pulled up chairs and they were all on the main shop floor, watching an old portable TV as the headline repeated itself; "Mayoral candidate Armand de la Cruz shot dead during riots."

"Jesus Christ," Daniel exclaimed "Has this whole city gone insane?"

"Don't blaspheme in my shop kid," Tinker scoffed without even looking.

"Daniel!" Chris called, one of them actually finally showing some happiness of him being "Danny, man...we saw everything on the news. Are you okay?"

"I'll live," came the short reply "More importantly, are you guys okay? I thought I said to get into the shelter."
"Well, about that..." Chris trailed off.

"I told you two before, that shelter ain't nothing but an old tin can. It'd fall apart if someone threw a rock at it!"

"Yeah, the old man said something about 'Wanting to go out with bang' or something. And he was right, that shelter is pretty terrible."

"I see," Daniel's eyes drifted to their mother, who hadn't even deigned to look his way, let alone show concern. The man felt a pang of sadness and it must have shown as his brother spoke up again.

"We were all worried about you Danny," he very particularly used the word 'all'. The younger brother appreciated. Maybe she really did show more worry when he wasn't around.
"Do you guys need help getting home?"

"Nah, we should be fine. Tinker offered us a place here for the night, it seems like the best bet. Said you could stay too if you like? Maybe watch the news with us?"

"Chris, I-" his eyes darted to their mother again "I'll be okay thanks. I'm pretty damn beat anyway, so I think I'll just head out," he finished, pointing his thumb over his shoulder. He went to turn and leave, but before he could his brother grabbed his arm.

"You don't have to sleep at the garage shop Dan," he started, a worried tone in his voice "You could stay at the house again."

Daniel hesitated for a moment, his mouth wagging again. Chris always seemed to have a knack for rendering him speechless. But finally he closed his eyes and shook his head slowly, bits of water dropping from his hood as he did.

"I don't think that'd be best for now, but I appreciate it. You guys take care now."

"Close the door on your way out!" Tinker shouted after him as the young man turned and left, heading back out into the dreary street.

A short walk and a few key turns brought him to the safety of their workshop, and his temporary abode. After a while things had just gotten too uncomfortable with his mother and he had left the house with nowhere to go. The garage upstairs space was supposed to just be a temporary solution, but his moonlighting had rather put his house search on hold. Removing his heavily muddied boots and hanging up the jacket at the bottom of a metal staircase, Daniel began to ascend, removing his jumper as he went. Throwing it into a pile, he swapped his drenched trousers out for a pair of jogging bottoms and replaced his equally soaked socks.
Though the garage wasn't the most inviting place, he'd made the best of it. A loose carpet covered the whole floor space, whilst some room-dividers lined the railing, providing him with decent privacy. A couple of boxes full of clothes, books and other bits and bobs lined one wall, a sofa-bed sat at the opposite side to the staircase facing a simple TV, and then on the final wall was a mini fridge and a small microwave. The washroom was downstairs, which was a bit inconvenient at night, but not horrendous. It wasn't much, but it was home.
Daniel set to unfolding the bed, the old metal creaking slightly with every movement. Once down, he threw a bedding sheet over it and then grabbed a couple of pillows as well as a few blankets for warmth. Finally the exhausted man slid into his bed and stared up at the dark ceiling. The memories of the past few hours were fresh in his mind and any sleep he would get would not be comfortable. Reaching his left hand out Danny switched on a small wind-up radio on the floor. It was set to the city's main radio channel. The noise helped him to sleep. To try and forget. But all that was on there was the madness going on. It seemed like there was no escape.

Still, eventually the man slipped into a disturbed sleep.

Morgan listened closely to her as she talked "Alright.... Well I agree with that! I kinda go around and do everything with my full appearance showing.. I mean I have never do what you did... I wish I could do that...I can only make electronic things out of materials around me like some kind of magic creator. Its actually really interesting to be honest with you... I just cant help people like you can. I mean I would love to." She continued on before they turned a corner. "This part of the city is good my dad says. We we would have left nearly a month ago if it wasn't for this storm. My home is on the other side of the country and my real home is far from here as you would know."

Morgan reached her hotel and opened the door "Come in and out of the rain... its getting colder and my dad would like to meet you I would guess. Its isn't often we run into people from our home. Also, hes like us... both my parents are." She said with a large smile. She looked at the girl and couldn't help but get alittle tingly. She had never met another person like herself. She had heard but to be in their presence made her want to find out how she ticked. She wouldn't make it obvious but Morgan was studying her every movement. She loved finding out how everyone worked and how they go about their lives.

"So... What did you do before you came here? I mean its obvious you weren't born here so how did you end up in this god forsaken place if you don't mind me asking you." She pressed casually. Morgan ran a hand through her hair as she began to feet anxious. "Want to go clubbing tomorrow.. I mean I just met you but I don't know anyone around here... I'm eighteen." She said no remembering if she said her name before. "I think it will be fun and we can get to know each other if you want to... I mean if you don't I don't have a problem with it."

Abby raised her eyebrows. "You know, you can always work out a way to use a power to your advantage- if you want to use it to help people, you can figure out a way." She wanted to object to coming in, but Morgan seemed so insistent. She really seemed to want Abby to stay for a while. And besides, Abby wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to dry off.

She listened to Morgan babbling again and ran a hand over her hair, smiling a little. "Clubbing isn't really my thing. But... This is going to sound weird, but I'd love to see you use your power and try and see how it works. I love to find out how things work. I ended up studying applied physics and chemistry in university because I wanted to find out as much about combustion and fire as I could. I don't regret a day of it, though. I've got a good, steady job that pays well." She ran her hand over her hair, still smiling.

"And as for how I ended up here? My parents moved from Scotland when I was twelve. I went to university, then got a job in a pharmaceuticals research lab here in the city, and I'm saving for a doctorate program." She shrugged a little, shoving a few strands of wet hair out of her face.

6t3cbo.png
LOS PARAÍSO, CRESCENT CITY: CLUB NEVERMIND

S
miling at the woman's reaction to the walk through closet, Ewan leaned against the door frame as he watched her rummaging through the clothes. As she spoke, Ewan felt the hairs on the back of his neck go up as he was caught off guard by the question about Drew. Rubbing his neck, Ewan took a deep breathe it was really his own fault for mentioning Drew in the first place.

"Well, about… Actually no exactly a year ago today I was driving my late fiancé, Drew, to the hospital as she had gone into labour with what would have been our second child. She was going to be a daughter, we had picked out the name Ashalynn for her…" Ewan's voice trailed off for a second before he gave his head a shake, letting out a slight cough. "Anyways, on our way to the hospital we found ourselves in the middle of a police chase. The motorcycle they were pursuing came into my line and I unfortunately lost control of the car. I was the only survivor of the crash, neither Drew nor the baby were able to be saved. I'll never forget that motorcycle, it haunts me every time I close my eyes." Ewan said a fist forming before he forced himself to relax. "That's part of the reason why I'm running the relief center downstairs, just trying to do whatever I can to help the city out. I figure if they have a roof over their head and food in their stomach they won't be out stealing from someone else."

As Ewan had been talking, the woman had been going through the various articles of clothing and seemed to have found a shirt she liked.
"Found something you lik…" Ewan's jaw dropped as the woman pulled her shirt over her head exposing her bra and just about everything else underneath. Ewan couldn't help but notice the excellent shape her body was in, the toned lines of her torso catching Ewan's eye before he quickly turned away.
"Maybe next time you'll let me buy you dinner first." He joked before letting out an impressed 'Wow' under his breath. Drew had kept herself in shape, but this girl must have been some sort of athlete based on the condition of her body. As the woman headed for the exit Ewan followed suit leading the way back down to the first floor and locking up the office as they left.

"Come by again any time." Ewan said stopping beside Bryce and Zebulun as they returned to the main floor. "Oh hey I don't think I caught your name…" Ewan began to call to her before being interrupted by a tug on his pant leg.

"Daddy are we going for ice cream now?" Ewan heard Zeb's voice call out as he crouched down to be face to face with his son.

"You are most certainly right." Ewan said as he ruffled the boy's head before standing up and looking to Bryce. "You have everything here?"

"Of course, don't worry! Go on! I think someone is due for bed anyways." Bryce answered with a dismissive wave.

KILBRIDE, CRESCENT CITY: THE WEST END

Tucking Zebulun into bed after finishing reading to the small boy, Ewan wiped a missed smear of chocolate off his son's face and kissed the boy on the forehead. Gently closing the bedroom door behind him, Ewan walked out into the living room looking out over the skies of Kilbride. Smoke still hung in the air from a massive blaze that had been caused by the effects of the storm earlier. Looking towards Old Stone Mountain, Ewan watched as lightning struck the top, the storm clouds swirling around it. Joseph may have been crazy but to Ewan it definitely looked like Joseph was right at least on where the storm was coming from. Flopping down into his recliner, Ewan reached towards a nearby stand where Drew's violin sat on display. Reaching around the base of the chair, Ewan's fingers eventually stumbled onto the bow as he raised it up and drew it across the strings. The meaningful sound filled the room as Ewan bent it to his will containing the sound within the room while he spiked it up and down composing a single requiem out of a single pull on the strings.

As the sound began to fade Ewan felt his eyes close as he too slipped into slumber, the vision of a black motor cycle coming straight towards him haunting his dreams. Tossing and turning in the recliner, Ewan began yet another night of what would be anything but a restless sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blandman
Morgan smiled as she talked "Well...... Im here because my father got transferred a few years ago." She began to explain as she pushed a button on an elevator. "It was really a culture shock to be moving here from a near no where village in central Scotland. Well, my father taught me and he was trained and taught in England. So it was getting a top education while no really going to school. So, I was prepared when we moved here the only thing is the technological differences. Its like that movie Lord of the Rings... Change came slow if it came at all." She said with a smile before stepping into the elevator.

She pushed the button leading to their floor before turning towards her "Well, I guarantee you will find it interesting. It matchs my intellect and creative spirit for sure... It goes well with my parents as well. My mother is a Artist and my father an Engineer. I would show you my power now but... I don't want to risk it in this elevator. Its not dangerous or anything but I still want to make sure I don't take something critical from this thing out." She explained before the doors opened. She walked out and led abby to their apartment suite.

She opened the door "Dad! Im home.." She called out but there wasn't a response. "Guess he isn't home anymore.. anyway! Make yourself at home and I will show you my power... Lets do a miniaturized version of one of those government drones!" She said before taking the laptop she always carried off a table. She held it out and concentrated making the matter implode before spreading out like water. It began to bubble before it condensed into the shape of a US Spy drone only a few inches long. "It can fly and everything... I just don't have any fuel so it cant fly." She said before concentrating and causing the laptop to come back to its original form. "Best thing... everything in it remains the same... memory and all."

The story about how Ewan lost his fiancé, and daughter, was horribly sad. She wasn't quite sure what to say in return, what could anyone say in a situation like this, other than some form of sorry. Sure, she had asked him about it, and above all she was the idiot that dropped her jacket and stood in a bra in front of a stranger whose story deserved a bit more respect. A lot more to be honest.
"That must have been difficult, for you and Zebulun." She eventually said as she walked out of the room. It hadn't been a far stretch by now to assume Ewan and Zebulun were father and son. Though she was amazed how he made such a positive twist to the situation. To open up a relief center, she didn't think she'd be able to do that. And she had encountered plenty that hadn't exactly reacted well to going through loss.

With her coat draped over her arm and her bag in her hand she descended down the stairs. She glanced one last time at the guy whose name she didn't know, the one she thought might have glowing eyes, her report for the night. Once downstairs Emma waved over her shoulder as she put on her coat. Even if the storm had picked up, she had to get home. "Thanks for the shirt, I'll come by tomorrow to return it." She just about had reached the door when she heard him call after her; "Oh hey I don't think I caught your name…"

Stumped she paused and turned around. Had she really forgotten to say her name? Must have completely missed it when she was trying to come up with a believable enough story.
"Name's Emma." She called back, even though Ewan had already concerned himself with Zebulun.

Once outside Emma remembered instantly why she had gone inside instead of going to the riots. And this time she wasn't fool enough to brave it. If she timed it right, she could conjure her car for just a long enough time before her power ran out. Standing in an alley she used the last of her energy for the day, summoning the car she had parked in the garage.
She only had about ten minutes before the car, and the rest of her borrowed stuff, would fade out, so she got in and made her way back just in the nick of time.

The car disappeared just as she stood still to open the garage door, saving her the time to park. A feat worth smiling about, had her skirt not vanished along with the bag, and the few other items she had, leaving her with her vigilante outfit, and standing in a reasonably long coat, barely covering her bum.
Cursing under her breath the drenched blonde hurried inside, hoping no one had seen her expose her power.

Inside Emma quickly changed into comfy pyjamas, drummed up a report, and then flopped down onto her bed without even bothering to switch off the lights. She was way too tired to do that now, which was proven in her falling asleep in less than half a minute.

Abby watched as the girl turned a laptop into a model of a drone and back again. A grin took over her face and she took the laptop to look at it. "That is just..." She shook her head, still grinning. "Does the mass change? What about the energy require? Does it affect the battery?" She wanted to keep asking questions, but stopped herself. "Sorry, my scientist is showing. It's just that I've never met a hype and been in a circumstance where I can investigate the science of how it works, its times like these I regret not studying biology..." She stopped talking again, running her hands over her wet hair. She grimaced a little and looked up at Morgan.

"I'd really better head home. My body temperature is higher than a normal person's, so I can catch hypothermia easier, which isn't pretty to be honest. But I'll tell you what- how about we meet up tomorrow? If you let me pester you about how your power works, I'll show you how to use being smart and pretty to your advantage." She offered, raising an eyebrow a little.

A Stein, GoldMarble and Lord Wraith Collaboration Post

As the boss took on the two other empowered individuals, the remaining members of the Harbor Kings began to scramble their loot together, loading it into the assembly of vehicles they had brought with them. Those who could stand, scrambled to their feets while those whose injuries were more severe were left behind to drown. Hauling Monty to his feet, Vinnie dragged his friend back to the truck the two had arrived in.

"Don't worry Monty, I won't let you die! We'll take you down to ol'Patches and get you fixed up." Vinnie said as he propped his friend up in the truck before sliding across the hood and into the driver's side.

"Leave me Vinnie, don't let me slow you down. You're too young to die!" Monty groaned from the passenger seat.

"You're talkin' nonsense again man!" Vinnie yelled across the truck as he slapped Monty's face. "Snap outta it!"

"You won't be talking at all if you slap me again Vinnie!" Monty growled as Vinnie cackled with glee.

"There's the Monty we know and love!" He exclaimed slamming the truck into reverse, the wheels spinning water everywhich way as the vehicle struggled to find traction on the flooded street.

Sarks did little to halt the fleeing gang members. He didn't want unwanted casualties anyway. Tony was regaining his footing, presenting a bigger problem. The second man, a behemoth in his own right was starting to enter in to their fray as well. Sarks welcomed the aided hand. He gave the man a lingering look, hoping to convey that he'd work with him to take Tony down. Like a fool, he'd left his pendant at home which supplied him with extra power, especially on cloudy days such as this when his connection to Umbra was arguably at its weakest. Couple that with his jet lag and lack of energy from his last excursion, and Sarks wasn't anywhere near his best.

They needed to end this quickly.

"I don't how how the fuck you're still breathing, but I will make sure to rip your goddamn head off and shit down your throat!" Tony's voice crackled with an anger that was seldom shown, but this hard-shelled, freakish bastard had not only survived what should have killed him but not just hurt, but crippled several of his men. Men who were the basis of his status and influence. Throwing himself at Wade, Tony wanted blood in the water now. Rearing back his right arm, he swung, savagely at the shorter man.

Tony, now focused on the third man, gave Sarks an opening. He brought his hands together, producing a Combustion Block. He brought his hands in, shrinking the block while maintaing the integrity and power output of its original size. Containing the power became a little tricky as the combustive energy became more volatile in less space to occupy. Around the shrunken Combustion Block he created an EMP Block, fusing the two at the core. What appeared between his hands was yellow glowing block with a brightly pulsing red center. Taking a deep breath, he clenched his jaw and brought his hands in again, around the EMP block, he created a final Combustion Block. The powerful block pulsed and vibrated slightly above his hand. He let the block float above his outstretched palm and spin around for an instant, judging the weight of the block and how much force he'd have to shoot it with.

Wade grinned at the turn of events, he saw past the mountain of flesh, that the new presence, was up to something. He had no idea whether this man with the glowing cubes was a criminal, hero, or not. Regardless of whatever the other man's motives were, Wade would welcome the assistance for now, as he had realized that his opponent, was not only just far stronger than himself, but likely better armoured. As Tony lunged in, Wade narrowly dodged the fierce round-house strike, and lunged in himself, swinging the blade down, pint aimed for the criminal's fore-shifted right leg, and then torqued his entire body into the thrust. The sharp, hardened steel blade impacted low on Tony's thigh, and dug in. The thick, nearly impervious skin stopping the blade through sheer resistance, from passing through and causing severe damage to his muscles or arteries.

The sharp pain caused Tony to recoil, his right elbow slinging back towards where Wade had to be, but met the hard steel edge of the blade once more, this time the flat-on edge refused to penetrate, but it hurt like hell. Wade meanwhile, felt the water soaked pavement beneath him shudder and shift as the hammering blow rippled through his body, he could feel the sharp, tinder-like snapping of the bones in his forearms micro-fracturing from the hard elbow. If he hadn't have prepared himself and guarded against it, it would have hurt far more. Reacting swiftly, despite the pain, he pushed into the elbow, keeping the blade in deep contact, and then ripped it downwards with all of his strength, pushing the blade against Tony's skin, and the edge down. The intended effect occured; where a dull knife can't simply push-cut its way through the skin of a tomato, any blade with a semblance of an edge could slice. The gash opened in Tony's arm however, went unnoticed. The pain being overwhelmed by the rage he felt, twisting the pain into more fuel to kill this beige barnacle with. As he tried to twist away from the flock and the subsequent draw cut, he launched a snap-kick, rising from the water, that finally caught Wade off guard.

The sudden impact was akin to be hit by a deuce-and-a-half. A mass and with more than enough inertia to shatter the lower pair of ribs as the foot impacted Wade's midsection, sending him in an ungraceful lurch through the air, until he was caught by a parked car. The sheer momemtum, rocking the car slightly onto its two wheels opposite of the impact, saw Wade almost embedded within the B pillar of the sedan.

Sarks charged forward as Tony snarled at the other male and started to move in toward him, seemingly intent on going toe to toe with him. He kept low and maintained the power from the block. "Fuck it," he muttered to himself as he produced a base block that he stepped on, in an effort to negate the splashing and sloshing through water. Before him, a path of Base Blocks appeared before him leading to Tony, who foolishly still seemed occupied by the other man. It was a clash of giants and he had to be swift. Sarks ran forward, spinning the block more in his hand to build power. Leaping from the last block, Sarks honed in on Tony.

His arm reared back and tense, building Nox in his palm to launch the block. The leader of the Kings only had enough time to begin turning his head before Sarks released his fist and pent up energy, hurling the block to Tony's cheek. The block connected, sending a shiver of energy the length of Sarks' arm. The jolt of electricity rolled the length of Tony's body while the combustion blocks launched him back.

Wade coughed, bloody mucus and flecks of bone landing in the water. He grinned through the agony, "Lesson two." He paused, wincing, "Don't get cut...When you're standi.." He winced at a muscle contraction, even as his body was working on repairing the damage, "standing in sewage, and other filth."

Collasping from pain, exhaustion and his injuries, Tony's body disappeared beneath the water and was carried away by the current. A trail of blood hovering faintly below the surface before it too was washed away leaving no evidence that the once King of Kings had been there. Doors hung open on the million dollar homes that surrounded the street while the rain continued to fall. Leaving only Sarks and Wade staring at each other, the other gang members having fled the scene even before the fall of their leader.

Morgan watched her interest and smirked "It really is something... Isn't it.. I think its beautiful... creation is absolutely beautiful... I just don't like seeing my creations destroyed." She said before Abby began to speak to her. Morgan felt the same questions ask was dying to ask her being asked to herself. She tilted her head and listened closely. She thought about the mass conversion and wondered the same thing. It was never destroyed but where did it go if she didn't need to use it all. Some things to look into at least.

When she proposed meeting up Morgan smiled widely. "You are the first Hype? Is it called? I met outside of my parents! My parents are a little like me... my dad is exactly like me but my mother is different... I don't know what she does exactly but it has to do with energy. I call her Ohm. After the Measurement for Electrical resistance. It kinda frazzles her and I love messing with her. So! Tomorrow it is then and I don't want you to die on me... If you want a Umbrella I can make one that blinks... that was I can make it." She said before going over to a toaster and placed a hand on it with her other on her laptop. The mass and components of the top created a solid aluminum Umbrella that looked horrible but at least it blinked a nice bright red light. "It does its job... Bring that back tomorrow then.. I need to remake my laptop and our toaster.." She mumbled before waving goodbye.

6t3cbo.png
CRESCENT CITY: OLD STONE MOUNTAIN

[drop]T[/drop]hree days had passed since the night when chaos seemed to rock the entire city simultaneously and like the water in the streets, the relief centers around the city continued to fill with more people. But for others, life continued to go on, unaffected by the rain. School for instance was still in session despite the institutions originally being shut down when an emergency state was first announced. However after two weeks with no sign of the rain leaving, the schools were reluctantly forced to reopen their doors. Driving towards Sandstone Elementary, Ewan shook his head as he looked at the darkened skies, an early October morning looked more like a late December evening making this Monday even more dreaded than the last.
Turning on his signal, Ewan guided the black Charger turned smoothly off the road as it pulled up to the school, rain being flung from its windshield as the wipers moved back and forth constantly as they battled against the never ceasing downfall. Parking the car, Ewan walked Zeb into the school before giving him a quick hug goodbye for the day and promising to be there to pick him up later.
Once back on the road, Ewan's phone began to ring as he turned on the car's speaker.

"Yo E! When are we practicing for the fundraiser? Can't let Johnny Tripp down!" The voice of Extinguish/Ignite's bass player, Matthias Weber, echoed throughout the car. "He specifically requested us since he's in our home turf! Imagine the press we'll get, we could even get a movie soundtrack deal out of it. That would be good! Did you have any new songs prepared?"

"Oh yeah, I wanted to debut 'Demon Rider' at the fundraiser." Ewan replied as he turned onto the exit out of Kilbride towards Old Stone Mountain.

"Well then we'll need to practice, you haven't even showed us all the lyrics yet." Matthias said with a laugh.

"Yeah no worries man, how about this evening, I have a couple errands to run and then I'll swing by the club to check in with Byrce and we can hit the studio." Ewan suggested as he switched lanes to take the exit off the freeway.

"Ten four boss man! Don't be late, even for that cute blonde!" Matthias' voice took on a teasing tone as Ewan rolled his eyes, a smirk crossing his face.

"Been talking to Bryce I see?"

"Well yeah man, you don't take a smoking hot chick like that up into the office, let alone Drew's closet and not have us talk about it. We know what you two kept up there, it wasn't always the drums that were banging in the club." Matthias laughed, other voices laughing in the background no doubt those belonging to Bryce, Gabe and Dean. "Anyways catch you later man!"

"Yeah, see you tonight!" Ewan said as he began to drive up the mountain road. As the phone call ended, Ewan focussed on the road ahead. Due to the hail and rain, ice had begun to build up on the road challenging the Charger's all-wheel drive as Ewan felt the large car begin to slip as it corned a sharp turn. Rain turned to snow as Ewan climbed higher coming to a halt outside of the resort. Completely void of cars in the parking lot, it seemed even the skeleton staff had given up on staying in the mountains during the storm. With no further roads to travel, Ewan parked his car before pulling the hood on his jacket over his head and climbing out. Looking towards the peak of the mountain, he had to shield his eyes from numerous flashes of light of lightning rapidly struck the tip. There was no doubt in his mind that this storm had to be unnatural, furthermore it had to be originating from the tip of the mountain. Opening the trunk of his car, Ewan pulled out a backpack he had outfitted with climbing gear. Venturing forward, he pulled his hood over his face and began to hike towards the top.

Last edited:
Abby swiped her pass card and shoved the door, attempting to get it to open. She swore under her breath as she swiped her card again. The light turned green this time, and she shoved open the door. The scanner had a nasty habit of not recognising her key card, and she'd often stood there for more than fifteen minutes attempting to get the door to open. She would have said that the rain was messing with it, had it not been behaving the same way ever since she'd started work there. She abandoned her helmet and jacket in the cloakroom and pulled on a lab coat, fixing her ponytail as she headed into the lab itself. She knew that six or seven year old her would have loved to see grown-up her in a lab coat, and she couldn't deny the fact that she had gotten a little excited when she'd first gotten to wear one in college.

"'Sup, Sykes." "Hi, Abby." "Hey." The familiar greetings of her coworkers awaited her as they saw her. "Hey, guys." She caught sight of a teenage boy standing in the corner. She grinned. "Ugh, is he still here?" She rolled her eyes and winked at him. "Stuck with him for the rest of the week, I'm afraid. Still, we've got someone to make us coffee at least." She raised one eyebrow and nodded. "Fair point."

"Oh, Abby. We got in some blood to analyse." She frowned, turning around. "We're a pharmaceuticals lab. Why are we analysing blood?" She asked. Fletch shrugged. "I think the cover letter said that it was a sample that was completely immune to a number of similar chemicals and they want us to see if we can pinpoint why." She nodded, but a chill ran down her back. Someone like her. Most common medication didn't work on her, which sucked, because if she had a headache, she had to just stick with it. Of course, it could have just been a coincidence, but part of her wondered.

"Why are you saying this to me? I'm the only one of us who didn't major in anything to do with biology. Chemistry and applied physics major, remember?" Ian rolled his eyes, folding his arms. "You minored in biology, though. It's not like you're performing surgery or anything. And we know that you probably read up on all this stuff in your spare time." She sighed, pulling on a pair of latex gloves. "Do I need to make any adjustments to the equipment?" She asked. The boys shook their head. "Okay, fine. Just don't disturb me, 'kay?"

After a rather silent parting, Sarks left the remaining man after the scuffle with Tony. He had declined help and Sarks wasn't one to push the issue. He was hurting himself. Control over the Nox, like any muscle, required some form of regular attention or the finesse of the control would weaken. For the past 3 years, only Sarks' knowledge of the Nox had been required to beat ancient seals and trap runes set near valuable magical artifacts.

It took a good bit of strength to make his way back to his apartment. Val wasn't at her place either, obviously. But, she wouldn't have disappeared without a word. At least, not intentionally. She could go for days without a Nox Surge, their version of recharging her. They'd seen that first hand when trapped underground in Giza for 3 days. She had to be around and moving. So, she had to be giving off some sort of Nox signal. Sarks had always been able to vaguely feel her if he concentrated, due to her Nox energy coming from him. His radius was about the size of this city if he committed to concentrating.

But yet, nothing.

---

A few days later found Sarks in a state of rising anxiety. She still hadn't reached out or given any indication. He looked over his attire and his equipment, tense to leave. Last night it had occurred to him that the one clue he held pointed toward the peak of the mountain on the outskirts of the city. Valura's body was made of magic and conduit material. If whatever was at the peak of the mountain was magical in nature, the amount of Nox it would have to be producing would be enormous. Artifact or entity, power of that level could overwhelm Nox infused items, such as Valura.

Pressing a finger to the ring on his left hand, he murmured an incantation. The ring held an enchantment of warming, enough to keep him slightly comfortable in his leather jacket and long-sleeved Henley. He tied his boots and donned his Glasses of Obscurity, heading to the roof of his building. The wind whipped with vigor as Sarks produced a platform of Base Blocks and jumped on. The platform took off at his behest, heading toward the mountain.

Three days had passed. Three days since that awful hell had branded a mark on Daniel's memory. His sleep had been continually haunted by images of dead friends, of a man reaching out to him before being consumed by flames, and by the sound of a car screeching as it collided with the barrier. Each morning he had woken up in a sweat, panicked and confused. It always took a while to calm down, but he always did, eventually. Then it was time to shake off the images as best he could and press on. And that's what he had been trying to do with his time.

For two of the three days Daniel had been visiting various households around The Narrows. Not just any old places of residence, but those of the seven volunteers who had lost their lives. They had been there because of him, so he felt it was to him to come face-to-face with their families and admit his guilt. To beg for forgiveness and try and atone. The experience was horrible to say the least, for both parties involves. Of the six houses he had visited, three slammed the door in his face, two gave him an extremely loud verbal dress down in the street, threatening all sorts, and only one had actually let him in for any sort of conversation. And now he approached the last. A simple bungalow was set before him, its blue paint job pale from wear, its old roof doing what it could to keep the rain out, and despite being almost drowned the garden was clearly cared for. This was Abigail O'Harron's house and had always been the neatest house on the street. Both her parents were long gone, he'd never found out how or why, so she had lived with her grandmother. Taking a deep breath Daniel opened the wooden gate and closed it carefully behind him, his movements muffled by the ever present rain. He approached the door slowly, every footstep getting heavier as he got closer. Raising his feet to ascend the short set of stairs onto the porch was a struggle. But the most difficult motion of all was bringing up his hand and knocking the door.

The sound was carried through the house, then everything went quiet for a while. As he waited Daniel took down his hood, not wanting to frighten the old lady. Granny O'Harron had always been a feisty lady, but she was frail in her old age. After a while of waiting Dan thought that she might have gone, but then a number of locks were slowly opened, before the door creaked open ever so slightly and a small face of an old lady peered out, squinting behind her small glasses. She gave the young man a confused look, smacking her gums together in a funny expression. Then finally her pale green eyes lit up.

"Ooh, Danny!" she exclaimed in a very softy, definitely Irish, voice "You've grown, you've grown!" she closed the door again, took it off the latch and then opened it wide, inviting the man in "Come along now, before ya let all tha warmth out!"

Daniel nodded his head once thankfully, removing his water soaked coat and muddy boots, leaving both by the door, before entering. Once the door was closed he instantly felt the warm comfortable greeting of familiarity. He and Abigail had been childhood friends, and Danny had spent quite sometime in the O'Harron household. Everything was still the same. The flowery patterns on the white wallpaper, the simple green carpet, even all the tiny delicate ornaments that Granny O'Harron had scattered about the house. All the furniture was made of good old fashioned sturdy wood, everything was 'Made in America' and you'd struggle to find any piece of utility which would break after just one drop. Their house had always looked like something out of a 50s commercial. It was humble and proud at the same time, with even a few memorabilia from their homeland scattered about. Dan was ushered into the living room by Granny, who tapped the back of his legs lightly with her walking sticking to get him moving. He entered the room and was greeted by Abigail's face. A photo of course, in the middle of what could only be described as a shrine. The fire place had been adorned with a variety of photos, candles and keepsake's of Abigail's. Daniel stopped in his tracks at the sight. The young woman always seemed to have had a bright expression, a smile for everyone. Long rose blonde hair, slim face and features, just about the right kind of pale and glowing green eyes. He had to admit to a crush he used to carry for her. And now she was gone. Because of him.

Granny, in her wizened old age, already knew why Daniel had come, and almost seemed to sense the cloud over him. She shuffled past and to the fire place, picking up the largest picture of Abigail.

"Aye, she was a sweet girl our Abigail," she sighed, keeping hold of the picture and waving for Daniel to sit down before joining him on the sofa, slowly lowering herself down "Solas mo réaltaí. Light of my stars. Is what I used to call her. Ahh, you two were always such grand friends Danny! It'sa wonder ya never asked to court her now!"

"Mrs. O'Harron I-"

"Granny," she said firmly.

"G-Granny O'Harron. I...I just came to say how sorry I am," he trailed off looking around for some sort of inspiration "Because of me Abby...Abigail was there. She was there because I got people there. It's my fault Granny, I-I...I" his tears started burning with warm tears barely held back. The man could barely hold himself together. And then suddenly a sharp thresh pain across his cheek seemed to stop everything. Granny O'Harron slapped him square in the face and then wagged a finger at him, her eyes alight in the candle flames.

"Now don't you dare Daniel," his full name, that meant she was really angry "You know full well our Abigail wouldn't be there if she hadn't wanted ta be! You think our girl would so easily be led Daniel? Don't you dare insult her memory like that again, ya hear!"
"I-I-I-I..."

"Danny," the hand she had used to slap now rested reassuringly on Daniel's shoulder "She was there because she wanted to help. Wanted to help you, me, her friends, everyone. I'm not angry at you Danny, no no no. You weren't to know, weren't to decide. I'm thankful that she got to live with pride Danny, to live like a hero. You gave her that chance, ya hear?"

"But Granny, how can you say that?! What we did there didn't even make a difference! Our water was useless! If it wasn't for some Hype coming along we'd have all been wiped out! Don't you get it? Abigail, Josh, Emilio, Alfie, Fran...damn it, they all died for nothing! How can you not hate me? Resent me, or at least shout at me?"

"The only thing I'm resenting is yer whining. Honestly, ya doin' the Grey Clan a great disservice! They did'n' die fer nothin' Danny. They died fer their beliefs. But tha's not even the crux of it there. Those beliefs, in making a difference, in standing by themselves, in protecting others, well...there ain't been any of that around here for a long long time, let me tell you. How could I be mad when you brought that belief to those people? I'm sad Danny," she suddenly went bitterly quiet, uncharacteristically so "Ever so sad. But mad? No. It's not in my nature."

A silence fell over the two as they sat in the candle light, the only noise being provided by the gentle pitter-patter of rain and the steady clunk of the grandfather clock. Of all the families he had met, of all the shouting and tears he had encountered, Daniel had not been prepared for this kind of acceptance. He thought he had set out for forgiveness, but until coming to Granny O'Harron he realised he had been going out to get people to shout at him, to be angry at him, to hate him. He'd been beating himself up. The realisation brought no release from the sorrow he felt, but it at least gave him a better picture of himself. Finally the silence was broken by Granny sighing in an almost uplifted manner.

"Well then, how's about some tea?" she suggested, much to Daniel's surprise. Before he could react the old was shuffling off in hot pursuit of tea.

It had gotten to the point where Daniel didn't even want to leave Granny's, but eventually all such warm greetings must come to an end. To his shock the two parted with a heartfelt hug and a promise to see each other again, if only for Abigail's sake. And then Danny was out in the cold again. He stopped just off of the porch, letting the rain hit his head, just standing there and looking at nothing. Then the strange man finally decided to throw up his hood and be on his way. His civilian motorcycle was awaiting just outside the fence, but this time he had made sure to cover it. Grabbing his helmet from the bike's pack, Daniel fitted it on, before swinging a leg over and settling down, feeling the slight bump of his colt pistol. He carried it most days now. He wasn't quite sure why, he hadn't fired either of the damn things for over a year now. Still, you never know.
Finally he revved up the engine and set off, heading in a vaguely south east direction, further into the city.

• Love
Taro paused. He'd been padding carefully down the mountain, his muscles aching from the cold and lower oxygen, but pressing forward nonetheless; if he stopped to rest, it would be even more difficult to resume. A low ebbing of heat emanated from the city below him, the smog-dome of invisible pollution offering some glasshouse-like qualities to its residents. God, how Taro couldn't stand the cold of this planet. He growled low and menacing at a fox that passed in front of him, snapping with his jaws out of sheer irritation. His stomach rumbled. He could eat, too, but that would mean hunting, and that would mean most of the light wasted. It was always a choice. He could hunt when the light came back.

He was still paused. His mind was distracted and now, he'd forgotten why he'd stopped his descent, allowing the weather to seep back into his bones and the cold to seep beneath the fur that was slick with rain, near-black from the wetness with a wicked sheen to his coat. His mane was sopping and he pushed it back with the back of his front paw, away from his nose. And then he heard it again, that which had paused him in the first place. A low sound on the wind, muffled by the rain but distinct. Speech. The communication of humans. But he hadn't felt anything on his psyche, nothing but the harsh buzz of the cityscape below, the thousands, even millions of inane, white-noise thoughts, unrestricted, unrefined. Except...

Except there was something there, just apart from the city, more white-noise but a different tone, a different caliber. A static, harsh and low. Definitely distinct. Nothing to read from it, but there nonetheless. Safe from probing, but it gave the owner's presence away regardless. Taro was intrigued. He'd had plenty of humans brush past his mind up on the mountain next to the trail, and even though the city buzzed, its buzz was made of thoughts and voices, each separate from each other but blending with the distance. But this was new. Not the unchained musings of a human, not the feral, instinctual snarls of a wild animal. This warranted investigation. What if it was something new, something consciously blocking probing, something that could talk to Taro like he would talk to his pack back home? The idea excited Taro, and he un-paused, changing direction sharply, following the static.

He found the source soon enough. He'd picked the smell up and that had been the first thing to disappoint him; chemical with underlying salt, just like every other human, their basic stink bathed in whatever they scrubbed themselves with to hide it. Taro found the practice bizzare. The cleaning, no, of course not, and in fact he appreciated it - it had been one of many reasons he had moved his pack back on his home planet to nearer the waters - but the smells? Odd. It hadn't taken long for the smell to be joined by other, equally disappointing confirmations; the sound of distinctly two footfalls, the panting of a human climbing - and finally the sight of one. A tall one, good specimen, as much an Alpha of his race as Taro was of his - but a human still. Still dangerous. Still boring. Taro disregarded the discovery, preferring to continue undetected down toward the city, preferring to continue his search for more suitable shelter.

Unfortunately, Taro had been too distracted to watch his paws. He'd moved and his front left paw had come down on a bare shrub, all small, brittle twigs, on its side, roots pulled up by the weather. He froze, panicking. The treeline was sparse between the trail and how close Taro had gotten to observe; there was clear line-of-sight, nearly completely unbroken. Taro slunk down onto his haunches immediately. In that split-second, he'd forgotten the teachings of his elders. Forgotten how to wear the shadow, how to be silen-

But the rain wasn't silent. Far from it. And there was no way the human, with such feeble senses, had heard such a small, un-intrusive sound over the roar of the rainfall. He was clear. Taro relaxed, and raised off the ground, turning carefully to continue down the mountain.

• Love
New Lilith - District: The Docks

It wasn't exactly the most productive day, but it least there wasn't any property damage. Not yet anyways. For now, Wrecker was on break and playing with his latest face paint masterpiece. Best he has ever done, so far.

paint19.jpeg

Blue is the best color. No question. The color of water, blueberries, and other stuff. The clouds certainly weren't going to dampen his shirts either. This paint water resistant, the design was going to be just fine. Wrecker turned from his own window face to stare out from the section of the docks. You could barely hear it but it was there. The waves. Silently working to and fro and a reason that could seem to only have an answer from science. Science could probably explain him to, but he wouldn't want that. The young man wanted more than to be something some intelligent human biologist would type into a report. An accident. A mutation. So that ended up were he is now. A guy who destroys buildings and SOMETIMES saves people. He didn't know which was worse and the thought bothered him. So Wrecker stared at it.

Reaching down, he grabbed a stone and sighed. "Here is to just a chance that we'll find better days." Taking in a deep breath, Adam hurled the rock toward the horizon. He lost sight of it but it must have been pretty far because he did see splash.

Adjusted himself, Wrecker nodded and began a to make his way east to see what kind of trouble was worth getting into.

Last edited:
Saturday; two days ago.

Jackson had awoken early the morning following the blaze, well rested, and glad to find he hadn't developed a cold from the previous night's exploits in the rain. It had been strange for him, waking up in his childhood home knowing that, despite it looking the same, it never would be without his father. Jackson had even chosen to sleep in his old room, which only had a tiny twin-sized bed for a kid, as opposed to the master bedroom that had been his father's. Too many memories and emotions for Jackson to deal with just yet.

He skipped breakfast, knowing that there wouldn't be any food or drink in the house currently, making a mental note to go shopping later. It was his intent to stay in the city until it was returned to its former glory, and from what Jackson had seen so far, it seemed that would take some time, meaning stocking up on supplies would be necessary. But that was a secondary priority for the young man; first he wanted to speak to his aunt. He didn't call her ahead of time as he had left his phone at P.R.C.U. to avoid them from locating him too quickly, and the house was without a working land-line at the moment, but he knew where he could find her just the same.

The trip to Police Headquarters, located in The Spires of New Lillith, took longer than needed as he opted to walk instead of fly. Despite the storm, it was still bright enough for people to notice a man soaring through the air, and while he would never hide his gifts he had no desire to call unwanted attention to himself. Hyperhuman activity attracted H.E.L.P. and S.H.I.F.T., and he wanted as much time before they found him as he could get.

It didn't take him long to find her once he entered the building, he had been directed towards her from the officer who had given him his visitor's pass. Feona Noble was a sergeant of the Crescent City Police Department, senior detective of the Major Crimes Unit, and directly in charge of all other detectives in the squad. She had her own office, though small in comparison to the lieutenant's - the man who oversaw the entire MCU, and Feona's boss - it offered much more privacy and space than the bullpen where the other detectives' desks sat.

Jackson knocked on the frame of the open door, and cleared his voice. "Strange, I was told this is where I can find Sergeant Noble, but all I see is my favorite aunt."

Feona, whose face had been buried in case reports on her desk, jerked her head up, eyes wide. "Jack!" She rushed from behind her desk to embrace him. "You're home! What are you doing here?"

He smiled, and hugged her back. Jackson had missed his aunt dearly. He had never made the return to Crescent City before now, and she had always been too busy with work to visit him in Canada, so all their conversations had been over the phone, or through text. Being able to hug her now, after all this time, brought him genuine joy he hadn't allowed himself to feel in years.

"Saw the news, figured you could use some help." He pulled back from the hug to let her see the serious expression on his face. "With the city like this... Aunt Feona, I couldn't just sit put in Canada twiddling my thumbs. You taught me better than that. And Dad... Dad would have wanted to help as best we can."

Feona took a few steps back to take a good look at her nephew, all grown up. She knew he had been enrolled in the H.E.A.T. program at his school, on the fast track to becoming a full-blown S.H.I.F.T. agent, so she was well aware he could handle himself. However, vigilante activity had been rampant in the city the past month, and although they all had the best of intentions, they often ended up screwing things up more than helping. They tainted evidence, fouled up months-long investigations, ruined any chance of conviction for crimes perpetrated by criminals they apprehended, and more.

"Jack, as your aunt, I couldn't be more proud of that decision, especially since I have no doubt you could do some real good with your... talents. But as a cop, I can't condone such behavior."

"Feona, you ca-"

She interrupted him with a raised hand. "As I said, I can't condone that as a cop." She moved past him towards the door, closing it gently. "Which is why I'm taking my lunch break right now. Talk to me."

She retook her seat behind her desk, leaning back in the chair. Despite knowing that the vigilantes currently operating in the city usually mucked police procedures up, she also knew that they were sometimes able to prevent crimes and save lives when officers weren't available, and Feona had no doubt that her nephew, unlike all the amateurs running around in their ridiculous capes and masks playing hero, would know how to conduct himself seeing as he had been training for this exact situation for nearly a decade.

Jackson smirked, and took a seat across from his aunt. "See, I knew there was a reason you were my favorite aunt."

"I'm your only aunt. Now spill. What did you have in mind?"

"I saw the reports on the news about all the rioting, the flooding, the increased crime rates. I know the police are spread thin, and as much as I respect you guys, you can't handle everything, and you can't be everywhere." Explained Jackson, "we both know there are other hyperhumans out there in the gangs, and with the way you guys are overworked right now there's no way you can muster up the forces necessary if any hype decides to go on a rampage. I'm trained to deal with that. And while I can't do anything about the flooding, I can do more to prevent a major crisis than a beat cop. No offense," he added.

"None taken." She said in a tone that made it clear she wanted him to continue.

He went on, "and I'm going to help. I'll do it alone if I have to, reacting to whatever crime reports I hear on the news or that I see while I'm out, but I was hoping you'd be up for lending me a hand. Nothing that would go against your duty as an officer of the law, I promise. The way I see it, you're in charge of the unit that deals with the big problems, but right now you can't handle them all. I can take some of the burden off your back. You catch wind of something going down that you guys can't react to in time, or just can't deal with at the moment, you can call me. I'm trained for this, Aunt Feona, I can help. But I need your help to make sure I'm doing all I can."

"I don't doubt your ability, Jack. And I'm sure as hell not going to lecture you on the dangers of this type of work, since we both know that wouldn't change your mind. Not even sure I'd want to change your mind. Sad fact of the matter is, this storm has brought more problems for this city than just the rain, and the CCPD just isn't equipped for it all. You're right about that."

She leaned forward over her desk, and used her 'stern voice' that had so often meant a disciplinary talk and/or punishment for Jackson as a child. "But if I go through with this, we do it my way. You listen to me, you report to me. I trust your judgement, Jack, and I know you trained for this sort of stuff, but you're still just a civilian, and even more you're my nephew. I don't want you running off half-cocked to deal with a situation no matter what it is without first talking to me. Got it?"

He was honestly surprised by how accepting she was of this idea. Jackson had expected to have to debate on this matter for some time, he had never thought she would so readily agree.

"So... you're on board with is?" He asked.

"I didn't say that. But I'm open to discussing it more, just not now. As you can probably guess, I'm swamped with work." She stood up to give him another hug, announcing an end to the conversation. "You're coming over to my house for dinner tonight. I've missed you, kiddo, and we've got a lot to talk about. Okay?"

"Okay. I've got a few errands, but I'll stop by in the evening, when do you get off work?"

"Seven." She looked him over skeptically. "Errands?"

"Yeah. Groceries, and... well, you're not the only one I need to pay a visit to." Jackson responded, knowing that the conversation with the other person he planned to go see wasn't likely to go as easy as this one had.

Feona nodded. She understood who he was referring to. "Well, I wish you luck with that one, Jack. Now. I hate to rush you out, but I really do have a lot to do. We'll have more time to talk tonight, and you can tell me all about how things go with her. I love you, kiddo. It's good to see you again. I'm glad you're back."

He opened the door, and paused. "Love you, too, Aunt Feona. I'm glad to be back." Surprising enough, he actually meant that. He had thought returning to Crescent City would be a tough experience, and although some emotions were still difficult to cope with, he was finding he had missed his true home more than he had originally thought.

"Seven o'clock!" She called out as he began walking out of the room.

"I'll be there!" Was the answer in return.

He fiddled with the necklace he always wore, fingers rubbing over the pop-tab at the end of the chain. Right after I see Violet, he told himself.​

Last edited by a moderator:

mjs2ud.jpg

Thomas Campbell

Celestial Motors - East City - New Lilith.

Thomas had spent a couple of days with Tiffany making sure she and her community was safe after all of the chaos caused by the storm. Thomas had tried to pursue the sniper from City Hall, but he was out of leads and the cops weren't exactly thrilled to help him. As Angel he had no contact with Leonard Reid, one of the Captain of the CCPD, even if he had a good relationship with Leo on a personal level, him being Tiffany's father and all.

Thomas was working on the old Aston Martin Charlie had sent over to him from England. The reason the billionaire sent his cars to a little shop in the states instead of one of the other garages in England was because Thomas was the only mechanic he trusted with his cars, as Thomas was the best one he knew. Though, business was not the only reason Charlie sent the cars to Thomas, it was also to aid him in his double life, as Charlie had custom built the engines in such a way that they would not work properly but work as ways to smuggle gear to Thomas through customs.

Thomas was taking the engine apart, taking out the parts of it that did not belong in an engine, and replaced it with the proper parts that he had in his garage. He put the pieces that were for him on a table behind him as he continued to take the engine apart, the speakers in the garage blared some classic rock, currently it was Paradise City with Guns N' Roses. It wasn't his favorite, he was more of a Kansas fan. Guns N' Roses was more along the lines of his brother's taste of music.

He looked at the pieces, checking the text message he had gotten from Charlie, making sure that the pieces he had gathered were the correct one. There were one that would fix up the shoulder part of his chest piece, as Thomas had torn that while stopping a car chase the previous week. New breastplate, as the other one had bullet holes in it. He also got pieces that would be attached to the wings and the spine connector to protect him from lightning bolts while flying in the storm.

There were also new fabric that would provide him with more warmth as his regular cotton shirt he wore under the armor did protect him from freezing down in Texas, but here in Crescent City it didn't help a lot. This was all neccesary for Thomas, as he had informed Charlie that he would find out what was going on, what it was that caused the storm, as Charlie had run the numbers for him and found that most likely it was a storm caused by a hype, or at least something supernatural.

Thomas put the engine back together and let it down from the lift, opening the door and sitting down in the leather seat, putting the key into the ignition and turning it, the engine purring to life. He smirked as he wiped his forehead.

He got out and picked up the pieces for his suit and got out the paint gun, painting the pieces in the same crimson color that the rest of his armor was in. Thomas would close up the garage early today as he had no other work to do, thanks to the storm not a lot of people were sending their vehicles to the shop.

He would head home and head to the mountains after closing up for the day.

Last edited:
"Abby's clearly baffled," Ian teased, looking over at her. "Ian, I swear to god, if you don't shut your fuc-" Aaron intervened before Abby could finish her threat. "Before anybody starts beating each other up, maybe it's time for a break." Abby looked up and noted the absence of the teenager. "Did somebody send Andy to put the kettle on?" Aaron nodded, and she did the same, pulling off her latex gloves dumping them on top of the notebook where she'd been jotting down notes. "C'mon then, let's go." Aaron grinned at her and shoved the door open, his own protective gear already ditched. Ian was shortly behind him, and as Abby went to leave, she glanced over her shoulder. Fletch seemed to be reading her notes, and she frowned. "You coming, Fletch?" He glanced up and nodded. She held the door for him, frowning as he left. She didn't have anything blatantly incriminating written in them, but there was a chance that he could interpret some of it. She was sure that it was just scientific curiosity, but there was still something a little unsettling.

Andy had tea waiting for her, while everybody else drank coffee. "Ah, Andy, you know me well." She said, pouring in milk and a spoon of sugar. "You're reinforcing the British stereotypes, Sykes." Ian teased. She stared straight at him ,unblinking. "And you're reinforcing the American asshole stereotype." She cracked a grin as she finished though. They insulted the hell out of each other, but they were still friendly. That was just their relationship.

"Found anything interesting yet, Abby?" Aaron asked. She shook her head, noticing Fletch glancing at her as she did so. "Nothing concrete yet. Ideally, I'd have something to compare it to, but I'm working on it. Might need to do a little bit of research myself, but yeah." A small crease appeared between Fletch's eyebrows. Abby took a mouthful out of her tea, watching him. She'd need to talk to him about this whole thing- he had been acting a little weird since she'd come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.