Not open for further replies.

Spaceguitar

I am King of the Wicker-People
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Syfy, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror
WHERE ALL MY RAT-SLAYERS AT?!

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

Hellis

"How can you score when this alien's a predator?"
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Douche, Adaptable
Male
Genres
Fantasy, Surreal, Contemporary Science Fiction, Science Fiction, Terribly written schlock.
Still waiting for my free copies. I love when Fat Shark does shit. Those years at game dev pays off :D

W

Windsong

Watched a lot of streams. Checked out plenty of tutorials.

Looks fun. Will grab on sale.

Spaceguitar

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
Genres
Watched a lot of streams. Checked out plenty of tutorials.

Looks fun. Will grab on sale.
I grabbed it from Green Man with a coupon. I felt good supporting the devs on this one; they seem pretty dedicated to it, and plan on releasing DLC both free and paid for to improve and expand the game. Maps, skins for the classes, more classes, and the big one: new enemies!

I just want Orks, or Chaos. Man, that'd make this game siiicckkk...

• Thank
Reactions: Windsong
W

Windsong

I grabbed it from Green Man with a coupon. I felt good supporting the devs on this one; they seem pretty dedicated to it, and plan on releasing DLC both free and paid for to improve and expand the game. Maps, skins for the classes, more classes, and the big one: new enemies!

I just want Orks, or Chaos. Man, that'd make this game siiicckkk...
If they add orks it's a full-price buy. No questions asked.

The melee gameplay I watched looked so... Beefy. Not so sure about the loot/upgrade system though. No one explained it well other than "they roll dice and you can get more good or bad dice based on performance".

Spaceguitar

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
Genres
If they add orks it's a full-price buy. No questions asked.

The melee gameplay I watched looked so... Beefy. Not so sure about the loot/upgrade system though. No one explained it well other than "they roll dice and you can get more good or bad dice based on performance".
They did an AMA right before the game went Live. They were pretty hush-hush about who's coming out next as villains, but it was clear they have plans to make either Chaos, Orks, or Lizardmen roll down the line. They wouldn't confirm, nor deny. :|

Combat is simple and satisfying. Click to hit, hold-click to hit harder/more enemies. Dodge by spacebar-moving. Right-click blocks/zoom in. Right-click + Left-click you "push" against the horde. It feels really good.

Loot is horse shit, because it's RNG. It works though. You roll the dice, hope it lands on... Well, whatever positive integer it is for you, and you get a point to climb the loot scale. Generally, 3-5 lands you a green, and 6+ gets you blue. Your odds of better loot increase with difficulty i.e. 2-3 is green, 4-5 is blue, and 6+ is orange.

Childish Grumpino

"...before turning the gun on himself."
DONATING MEMBER
Just make sure you grab the loot dice and the grimoires when you can, and loot really isn't much of an issue.

It kind of encourages you to try out the full range of the classes, which I like. I've got a bad habit from DOTA of picking one and sticking to it religiously, but Vermintide gives you an incentive to experiment more.

Spaceguitar

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
Genres
Just make sure you grab the loot dice and the grimoires when you can, and loot really isn't much of an issue.
I've had many-a-game where we got at least all 3 loot dice, and I still rolled 1. :|

W

Windsong

Sounds interesting enough. Always wanted to try a WarHam fantasy game before Total WarHam came out.

Woo November bonuses!

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
I have a friend who might want this.

If he does, we'll probably end up playing the shit out of this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.