"Veni, Vidi, Vici."

N

Navras

Original poster
The above is a quote from one Julius Caesar in regards to his conquest of Britain. I like to think I connect well with that phrase, especially when it comes to matters such as RP.

Put simply, "I came, I saw, I conquered." I am a damn good RPer and damn proud of it. I've been doing this for a long time in a lot of different places and I don't intend to stop any time soon. Every time I go somewhere new, I feel like I learn a little bit more about the craft and all of this experience is going to be piled onto my career of choice, novel writing. A noble goal and one that I think is still a decent distance away, despite my prowess in writing. Never the less, the phrase still rings true.

I CAME: When I first started out in the world of RP, I was young and I wasn't quite sure what it was I was doing. I was eager though and already wanting to write. Were it not for that first step, I'd be nowhere close to where I am today.

I SAW: I wasn't that good to start with. A lot of typos, a lot of short cuts and the occasional emoticon. I saw how other people RPed and how much more like a novel their writing was, so I learned from them and I got better.

I CONQUERED: I continued to get better, and better and better and better until I surpassed even those who I felt were inherently better at the craft than I was. When I'd go somewhere else, I'd do the same thing there. And so, here I am now.

Perhaps this is coming across as arrogant or dramatic. It shouldn't be seen as such though, as I've just generally improved and improvement is what I like. I'm sure it's the same sort of tale for many people here. But why am I putting it here instead of your standard "Hey, my name is such and such and this is what I like"? Well the answer is simple: You'll get a better idea of who I am as an RPer by my writing this down. This is a site for RP, so details about RP should be vital. Not my favorite color or even my name. Call me Navras, call me Thespian, call me Caesar if you like.

Just know that I've arrived, I've looked around, and I intend to be here for a while.

And we're glad to have such a well educated and excellent writer! Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome. I've already applied to an RP and am waiting review/approval or denial. Hopefully I can get active on here asap.

By the way, where in the spoiler button on here? I can't seem to make it out...

Neither do I know. I don't know

A shame. Then I guess people will just have to read through what I write uninhibited... I'll try to make it as easy to read as possible, though spoilers are what I usually use for that purpose.

Thanks for the help anyways.

Yes it would . Fortunately, I'm familiar with all of these codings and have already figured out how to make a spoiler thanks to another user. Thanks though for the confirmation that the coding on this site isn't any different from other sites I've been on before, I'm familiar with it and can use it easily.

Hi there, very intimidating professional roleplayer! O__O Welcome to the community! <3 Since you are so eager to exercise those awesome skills, I bet you will love participating and sharing your knowledge in the Roleplay Institute? Please do!

I'll be sure to give this institute a look, thanks. Could be fun.