Unlikely songs in unlikely places

A

Alan

Original poster
So, before I get started, I just want to <strike>blame</strike> thank the denizens of the CBOX for the motivation to post this thread.

As a little bit of a backstory, I was at the grocery store yesterday, and somewhere in between Jethro Tull and Bruce Springsteen, they played Staind's "So Far Away." In a place where you expect to hear contemporary and classic rock, Staind was just a little out of place.

So, that got me thinking. What else could they possibly play? As I wrote on Facebook: "What's next? Stabbing Westward at a doctor's office?"

So, Iwaku, this is what I want from you: Name artists, songs, and the place where you'd least likely expect to hear that song. Provide a video, too, if you wish -- it'll make things more convenient. ;)

I'll kick it off with an example:

Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself: Suicide prevention hotline.

The Decemberists- The Rake's Song: Child Protective Services office.

Yaaaay for inappropriate but fun!

• Love
Reactions: Harper
Serge: Metallica - For whom the bell tolls: Nursing home. -08:06 Sep 18

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night: AA meeting. (credit to Glee, I think?)
Ring Around The Rosie: a hospital

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Same Love

At the next Republican National Convention.

Bowling for soup- Smiley Face (it's all good) : Therapist

My Chemical Romance- I don't love you: Marriage counselling

Panic! At The Disco- Nails for Breakfast, Tacks for Snacks: Eating disorder rehabilitation clinic

Cypress Hill - Roll it up, Light it up, Smoke it up: Drug rehabilitation clinic

Taking on a Legion Camp in Fallout New Vegas while listening to Coldplay's "Clocks"

Yo, it was ironically epic.

Fort Minor - Where'd You Go?: Missing persons hotline

I went to Planned Parenthood when I was sixteen with my little sister and this was what they were playing:

I'm more than a little sad that this thread died so quickly. Live, precious thread, live!!

Bloodhound Gang - No Hard Feelings: Marriage Counseling

Any Miley song at a NAACP meeting.

uuuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu~