Unexpected music

• Thread starter IntrusivePenDesperateSword
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IntrusivePenDesperateSword

Sometimes, when playing a game, watching a movie, or something similar, a soundtrack will pop up that seems ridiculously out of place, either for the game, developer studio in general, or the platform. Has this ever happened to you? Share your experiences!

Chances are you all know Nintendo. The Mario franchise especially, known for its cartoonish, child-friendly style. And while the franchises final boss battle themes are usually epic and energetic, I would never have expected this.

Here We Are from Undertale. The music was on point, but after all the cutesy upbeat music, this really makes things dark and uncomfortable. Which I honestly loved.

I don't know if this fits, this...but when I was little, and watched Digimon, the original one with the Digi-Destined.I always thought it was really weird, how when the heroes, were about to kick some digital butt, instead of an awesome guitar solo, or something that folksy, song; "Hey digimon, hey digimon, monster friends to the boys, and girls" would start playing, it just didn't fit at all, in my opinion. It always felt out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.