Undertale: Broken Cartridge

L

Lady White

Original poster
Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: Humans and Monsters.
One day, war broke out between them, and after a long battle, the humans were victorious.
Ensuring their victory, they sealed the monsters beneath the mountain known as Mt. Ebott with a Magical Spell.

Legends say that whoever were to enter the mountain were to never return...
But one human by the name of Frisk entered the mountain.
After somehow befriending every monster and even breaking the magical seal, Frisk and everyone gathered at the peak to bear witness to the sunset...

Everyone was gathered on the peak of the mountain, staring at the bountifulness that was the nature around them, and the dawning of the sun before them. As everyone was leaving, Sans, Papyrus and Undyne stayed behind for a moment discussing what their plans were to be now that they were free. "Hey Sans! I assume you and Paps are gonna remake that snow house of yours?" "eh, that's if they don't mind the never-melting snow on the tops. eh pap, i'm sure you're eager to meet the humans right?" "You're right about that, Sans. I'm going to make friends with ALL the humans, then I'll finally get the respect and recognition I so rightfully deserve~" "Come on Papyrus, we haven't even met them yet and you're already getting all giggity. Besides... I can't help but be on my guard around them though." "worried that not all of them are going to be like the kiddo?" "Yeah... Sure, Frisk showed Mercy to us and even helped us break the seal without all the hassle but... They're just one kid. I'm fully expecting an angry mob or some kind of hunting squad. You never know with those bastards, even if they have fire-breathing mages and giant bad-ass swords! Oh hell with it, maybe someone will probably transform in front of us like in that one anime! And have that yellow aura, and hair, and all that awesome stuff! And---" "---Uh, Sans?? What is she going on about??" "i think it's that stuff she watches with alphys. anyways, are we just going to stay here or are we going to follow the gang?" "Yeah, let's get going!" And so Sans and Papyrus walked off towards the group who were far ahead of them, and a few seconds later Undyne finished. "And oh it's going to be so--- Hey... WAIT FOR ME!!!"

However they weren't to be going to their surface... Something were to happen with regards to that certain version of the Timeline. In another place, a boy was playing their world as if it were a simple computer game. Who was the boy? And... Did Sans, Papyrus and Undyne get sucked through that computer screen as he was turning the game off?! They fell to the floor and slowly got up, revealing their forms to whoever was on the end of the computer screen:

Papyrus.jpg Sans.png Undyne.png

"Wowee! Uh... Where are we??" "i don't know, pap. looks like someone's room. definitely not mine." "And who's this twerp in front of us? Hey, you! Explain what you are, where we are and why we're here, NOW!"​

The short teen was adamantly working that night. Earlier his father had come through in drunken rage and smashed the old computer, scaring the pale boy into a state of fear. Hours later he was able to get the pieces together and had begun rebuilding it. He was still somewhat fluffed up, the fur on his back standing up and his long puffy tail curled slightly between his legs as he worked.

After a moment Ben stepped aside moving some of his tools out of the way to make sure everything looked ok. He plugged the old computer in and powered it up but he realized.....something was wrong. The pale boy fluffed up even more and when the flash happened he turned again, hiding under his desk as a small animal no bigger then a corgi and snow white.

The room was spacious, albeit a tad dark. It was clean, but one whole wall was a window, showing the way to the city outside. Soft rain pattered against the window, bright lights flashing advertisements and the air traffic lit the room in dark yet odd colors.

When the fish woman yelled the small creature under the desk shushed her, "Quiet down!" He whisper-yelled, "If my dad comes in here we're all gonna be dead!" The stubby-legged creature waddled out from under the desk, looking confused and slightly upset as he crawled onto his chair (with much issue given his short limbs) and used it to get a better look at them. His ears were rounded, his whiskers twitched as he watched them with bright blue eyes, "You guys look familiar...."

The creature was the one speaking. Huh.
a980d39fda8b06396b3c043ffc980acf.jpg

"Let him try." The fish lady stated as she summoned forth some kind of spear in her hand, glowing a little as she held it in front of her with both hands. "undyne, wait a moment." The short one stated as he approached the boy and closed his eyes, focusing on them. Undyne stood by the door and kept guard while the skeleton did his thing. After a few minutes, he stopped and opened his eyes again, shooting the creature with his trademark smile. "i'm not sure what kind of monster you are, if you even are one. i can't even feel a soul inside of you. but we should at least try to figure out where we are. paps, you okay over there bro?" "I'm fine Sans. But I can't help but feel that this surface is not so friendly..." "don't worry pap, we'll protect ya should things go wrong. but i'm curious."

Undyne however was standing by the door watching the conversation, keeping an eye specifically on the unknown creature. "Hmm... Where exactly are we and why did we have to get stuck with this twerp? And why is it so dark in here? Yo, you got a light in here or are you some kind of vampire monster?" "What's a Vampire, Sans??" "ask alphys."

The creature fluffed up more when the skeleton approached, making him look like a really big fluffy noodle. He backed up when the skeleton spoke again, still confused but he picked up names. Sans, Pap, Undyne, Alphys? "I'm not a monster. I'm human." The creature lept from the chair, in the shadows the eyes gained height before the light flipped on. A pale boy with white hair was now in the room instead of a short creature, but the tail was still there. "You guys look like the characters from my game. But......well, you're not in the game.....I think."

The boy opened the heavy metal door a bit and poked his head out for a second before he closed the door, "He's asleep.....just try not to be too loud." The other looked between them, "I guess you guys really don't know what this place is, you're from the game." He mumbled, scratching his neck, "I guess, welcome to Earth, er my Surface. It's not all too pleasant these days but we make due." He shrugged, unsure of really how to handle it.

"So this place we ended up appearing at is your Surface, human?" Papyrus asked as he couldn't quite believe it himself. "it doesn't quite look like the surface that we were told. i'm not quite sure about what undyne thinks anyways." Undyne however was speechless. Was this really the surface? Or just another kind of trick by the humans to make them think it was the surface. And what was he talking about with regards to a game? "So we were just a game to you?! Toying with us while we suffered underground due to that accursed magical seal... Urgh!" "Undyne, please calm down... I'm sure this human isn't as bad." "Papyrus..." "Besides." He mentioned, as he slowly approached the boy with a big smile on his skull-like face. "I'm sure he's just scared since we're so big in person compared to seeing us from a distance! Like the other human, he must want to be friends with us, otherwise he'd of tried something by now!" "either way, we can't stay here. we need to figure out a place to live, get jobs and try to survive. who knows what kind of world we've stumbled into. i'm pretty sure anyways that this kiddo can be trusted. so i guess there's only one thing to do." He then extended out his bony hand towards the kid and smiled. "don't you know how to greet a new pal? shake my hand." If he was to shake their hand, they would hear a faint fart noise erupt from their hands connecting.