Two Sentence Challenge #6

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Sarcastic

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Marc sighed, putting a hand to his forehead. It didn't matter how sick and old his aunt was, nor that she was bedridden and needed all the help she could receive; her sharp words and sarcasm still hurt him like a well-aimed bullet.

Sarcasm, the effective way of her not having to deal with how she really felt about him.
She didn't want him to know that she did care, that after the moment passed her life would not be her own.

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
Agnes Hightop stared in disbelief at her date, Royce Failwell (a blind date arranged by a well-meaning friend), as he told Agnes smugly that he assumed she would be eager to see him again soon.

"Oh yes, I ADORED
having my clothes criticised, being told I wear too much makeup, having my dinner ordered for me, listening to your opinions on how women really don't belong in the workplace, and hearing all the details of your last affair," Agnes practically shouted before she forcibly shut the door on his puzzled face.

I always knew her for her sarcastic jokes, whether it was about how fast Jared's muscle car supposedly was or how Caleb shaves a part of his eyebrows like some hipster punk.

When we all left for university, I heard her jokes become tears.

" Well, it seems that you aim has Certainly increased, you didn't hit yourself this time," I replied, chuckling and overpowering her with my sarcasm for the sixth time this week. " Oops, guess I was wrong, such a pity," I sarcastically replied, leaving her powerless for another day or so.

I've never been the sharpest when it comes to elements of the sarcastic - yet I've managed to convince everyone that it's entirely my forté, simply by misuse. It's a wonder how unwilling the masses are to believe someone would say the dreadful things I do - and truly mean them.

Reactions: PoetLore
"What is this delightful confection?" he asked as he ate the burned beyond recognition offering in an attempt at charm that failed miserably.

"Oh...I had a few squirrels eating the seeds from my bird feeder, so I figured I would return the favor and eat them up. So glad you are enjoying it."

The words that left his his mouth made her think that his tounge was a serpent, readying itself to bite her. So she lifted her shield, which she had aptly named Sarcasm.

"Okay, so the last time you ended up with a cat getting so tangled in your hair that the fire department had to be called in, but I'm sure that this time will be much better!"

"Oh, yeah, I can't wait to see what the next disaster is gonna be."