Two Sentence Challenge #25

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Despair

Like rain, this despair too will pass. Light will pierce darkness, and joy will win out.

Slender body wrapped around my own in a peaceful slumber, I looked upon her with love and despair, for I knew one day I would lose her just as I had lost the others. It seems I can never truly hold onto those that I love.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kitti
With the body of her quarry laid limp and lifeless beneath her boot heel, and with her blade painted black in his tainted blood, the huntress looked inward. The demon she had dedicated her entire life to tracking had been felled, so what was left for her but to finally rejoin those whom she had avenged?

The last squeeze of frosting left the piping bag and she leaned back to inspect the birthday cake that had been made with such care and love. The Hairless teen at her side hugging as a tear rolled down her cheek knowing this was her last birthday before the cancer stole her life, "It's perfect Mom..."

I looked over at the knife in my hand and then back at my wrist and dropped it. As it clanged to the floor, I cried, finally letting all the despair from my past go off into the night, it was finally over.

Running away from the forest and onto the highway, she finally dropped to her knees, her eyes wide open and unblinking. Her entire body was shaking with despair and yet she was unable to cry or many a sound - what she had just stolen a glimpse of was just not meant for humans to see.

Filled with despair, she raced forward, heart beating like the hooves of a stallion, breath escaping her in gasps.

"Nooooooo!" she cried, reaching just a little too late, only in time to see the last cookie's final destination in her brother's mouth.

"Can you stop talking? Your whole planned out bad guys speech about despair is too cliche."

• Nice Execution!
She stared as her last hope was wrenched from her grasp, and her attempts to retrieve it were fruitless. She screamed, anguish and dispair filling her voice as the thief ran away with her pen.

She held the envelope in her hands, thumb running over the print that read Henderson Imaging Center, doing her best to still her shaking hands as she tore it open.

Testing shows that several masses have been found, and we advise you call an Infectious Disease Physician immediately before symptoms progress.