INTEREST CHECK Turn based RPG/roleplay

E

Enyrm

Original poster
I've set up a few roleplays in the past that have had a core 'battle' mechanic in them, meaning that the characters participate in turn-based battles and receive exp/level up and such as well as roleplay. This would make the whole roleplay much like a game. It seems to work fairly well, obviously depending on the number of people playing.

The mechanics are fairly simple. You would, in addition to your character bio, have a stat table you'd have to fill out based on what build you'd want your character to have.

HP:
MP:
Attack:
Defence:
Magic:
Resistance:
Agility:

Damage dealt is just Your Attack/Magic - Their Defence/Resistance. Nothing too fancy. I'd implement some sort of Limit Break/Limit Mode system for a one-time high damage dealing attack/mode. You'd be able to use Techniques/Spells (physical/magical) that add the MP consumed to the damage dealt (so a regular attack that would originally have dealt say 10 damage base, would deal 30 if turned into a Technique that costs 20 MP). Techniques and spells are named and work on the same mechanics; they can be of specific elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind) or non-elemental. Agility simply determines who goes first.

After every battle you'd gain exp, and I'd update everyone's exp needed in the master post; if someone levels up they gain a number of stat points corresponding to their level which they can spend on their stats!

So, what do you think? Would you want to give it a try?

YES! I am so glad that you decided to do this. I was hoping you might be enticed into starting some kind of roleplay like this. It was easily one of favorite kinds because it was unique and I have always loved DnD and this is similar to that.So I will join for sure! I believe Iwaku even has a Dicechat roleplay box thing that could be used if needed.

an rpg rp ,yes that'd be something I'd enjoy ^^
...anyone else?

YES! I am so glad that you decided to do this. I was hoping you might be enticed into starting some kind of roleplay like this. It was easily one of favorite kinds because it was unique and I have always loved DnD and this is similar to that.So I will join for sure! I believe Iwaku even has a Dicechat roleplay box thing that could be used if needed.

Haha, awesome. I've always loved making these too :D. Dicechat roleplay box...? Do you know how it works? Is it just like a chatbox for these kinds of things?

KIND LIKE THIS

When logged in to the dice box, you'd type something like:

/roll 2d20

the 2 is the number of dice.

The d = dice.

the 20 is the number of sides.

So, 2 20 sided dice. 8D

you could

/roll 5d100

or

/roll 1d6

And stuff!

Sorry for double posting, but does anyone know whether there is a character limit on an individual post in these forums?

Sounds like an interesting idea, not gonna lie. Definitely willing to try it out, and hopefully it will work out.

I need a rogue and a priest >:D the power of christ compels you!

I'm fairly certain that both of those builds are indeed possible :D! I may need to tweak healing a bit, as the current mechanics are a prototype. Still, the topic's up on the Fantasy roleplay joining forum, so go check it out!