Tribulation

A low chuckle was audible deep inside Catherine's throat, looking over at Tesrael. "It's not too difficult... at least for me." Then, a small smirk formed on her muted rosy pink lips, glancing over at Tristian. "It was nice seeing you again, Tesrael, and meeting you, Tristian," Catherine just said as she looked at Rachel, who blinked rapidly as she saw Catherine notice her presence. "I-It's time to rehearse now, Ms. Bohannon."

A stiff nod served as his goodbye. Stone face was back in place despite the subtle degree it had loosened up since Tristan's arrival in 'their' desert. Emotions were pointless; What Is, is, whether he felt a particular way about it or not. He released Tristan's hand with a brush of thumb pad upon knuckles and backed away across the audience's plane, giving the impression of an incredibly early-arrived fan seeking the optimum sound location before the rehearsal, though only pivoted enough that he kept the performer and handler in sight.

Catherine glanced behind her once more, immediately pulling Rachel into a hidden part of the stage, her nails digging into the tan skin of the twenty-nine year old brunette. "What did I tell you about interrupting me when I'm speaking to someone?" Catherine hissed angrily, watching the girl's expression dramatically evolve from horrified into pain.

"You had already dismissed them!" Rachel's voice was weak, her hand around Catherine's white wrist. Letting Rachel go, dropping her to ground, Catherine made the signal to leave, her travel agent standing up with a struggle, running across the stage with her hand around her neck, disappearing to the other side.

Catherine had changed much over the past years, an outer-layer of kindness, but on the inside it was fury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Synthetic Seraph
Tristan was able to give Tesrael's hand a light squeeze before he had let go. It seemed that Catherine's appearance did not exactly bring about pleasantries. He stayed where he was for a few seconds as he looked around the stage and then to the singer who quickly disappeared to a part of her stage where she couldn't be seen. He wondered what exactly her's and Tesrael's past was.

Soon, he left his spot and crossed the concert ground to stand near the outer ring of the clearing. He looked more like an impatient fan than anything, but he at least appeared to fit in.

If Catherine or Tristan were going to seek knowledge from each other directly, they would, later if not sooner. Since they hadn't made use of that small opportunity to talk lowly amongst each other, Tesrael rejoined his mate at that outer ring. He muttered simply to the man's ear yet had no reason to believe he had privacy based on distance alone. "You have heard my remarks on Coyote and Raven spirits; Catherine is closer to a magical being than physical, like me. HE wore a different form and name before the village you know fell to ruin; wearing a female shape and gaining celebrity status must amuse or suit him."

(I've had this question picking at my mind; should I list Catherine's abilities, or add them as we go along?)

Catherine's finger twitched as she heard Tesrael say, her eyes changing into a black color at a fairly fast speed, few people noticing. How dare he reveal my secret to that... mortal scum? She grit her teeth as she paced down the hall, people dodging her way, some of them looking at her with shocked or irritated expressions.

(( Whatever you'd like to do. [: ))

The human greeted Tesrael with his eyes before he went back to surveying the rehearsal, though he kept his ears open to listen to his mate's explanation. Now things made more sense, but there was still a question to ask.

"And you two had a thing...?" Tristan asked as he looked back over to Tesrael. "You don't seem to be so... pleasantly surprised to see him."

(( I'd appreciate if you did, Wysteria.
Tesrael's: death reverts his body to wound-free, somewhat like a phoenix. All other skills are more an act of will: not giving into emotion or fatigue, observation that breeds keen foresight but with some wrong hunches ))

The current encounter gave foreboding, true. What his association with this entity said about his own judgment... "He presented himself as someone living only in the moment." Tristan would understand that appeal to the transformed vulture who saw sentience as a curse and scheming as unclean. "In time, that also came with craving some new out of reach treasure after another. Thus fame as a human. Impulse became constant, exhausting want."
Tesrael stood rigidly, not comforting - surely the demonstration of kiss to the hand and spoken tribute had already made the stoic's point that Tristan had been chosen.

Searching for the other disguised immortal as Tesrael cleared the question, Tristan fidgeted with his hair. He understood how Tesrael became allured towards 'Catherine' and also how the interest died. He wasn't worried about the seraph holding any more feelings for the other immortal or everything becoming some sort of love triangle; earlier, the tribute for him was meant to be obvious for Catherine. And assurance for him, he guessed. But he was worried about how all of this was played out. He didn't exactly feel good vibes from her.

(A mental shield that protects her from mind readers/manipulators, illusions, and even pain, such as electroshock. Also has rapid cell regeneration; and manipulation of darkness & fire.)

Catherine tightened the black bun on her head, glancing over at Tesrael and Tristian. Fixing the microphone up to her lips, she had a sudden thought. What if I pretend to take interest in Tristian, and possibly Tesrael will to return to me as I manipulate him into thinking Tristian is trying to form a relationship with me? A small smile formed, liking the idea.

Tesrael watched the proceedings, comparing the previous form to the new, matching up the person he knew with the current traits. He'd erred, seeing what he wanted to instead of the actual tendencies, but there was no benefit to berating the past, only affecting the future.

Tristan also watched the new company of Catherine as she brought the microphone up to her lips. He had a feeling that this wasn't the only time he'd be seeing her around. As the rehearsal concert began, he held onto Tesrael's forearm gently, leaning against a tree that hadn't been cleared off. He remembered what the seraph had said earlier, how Catherine's voice might be too enchanting to talk. He hoped it wasn't the type of enchantment where he'd lose himself.

(Oh, I hate writing lyrics or having to put in details of the instruments she's using. >.>)

Catherine looked over at Tesrael, but then paid no more attention to anyone. A piano began playing, and so did Catherine begin to sing.
"Run when the rhythm's right,
Go into the night
Go until you're out of sight,
Then you're out of my mind," Catherine's voice was low, and somewhat husky as she sang.

"..." The stoic might as well have been doling out a life sentence.

As Catherine began to sing, Tristan's eyes roamed over the stage and finally to her. He felt strangely allured to her, like seeing something for the first time in his life. His eyes couldn't leave the woman with the low and sensual voice.

Catherine continued on until the song slowly came to an end, following the sun's set.

Throughout the rehearsal, Tristan felt himself being lost in the song. He even felt himself swaying slowly to the beat. When it was over, he turned to Tesrael, a little surprised. "Enchanting..." he murmured. That's what happened.

He'd been unconcerned throughout, sure the effects lasted only as long as the bewitching notes danced upon the air. At Tristan's normal speech Tesrael regarded him in agreement. In affection and just to be sure the captivation had fully cleaned out, he petted the human's neck and slowly fisted the lowest stretch of white hair, stimulating the roots with endorphins and measured intensity far short of pain. Just one of their signature moves, no rebuke showing in the seme's manner for falling for the singer or emitting praise.

Tristan closed his eyes briefly at the stimulation of both his neck and the roots of his hair, loving the feeling it brought to him. He looked to Tesrael with a subtle smile before giving him a small kiss at the corner of his lips. Then he looked back to Catherine.

[You guys are welcomed to RP whatever you want, I'm trying to think of something...]