Trehpsacore: Orphanage of the Automatons

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleRedPanda

Original poster
Several hundred years ago, our ancestors participated in the last great war. World War 3, they called it. It was massive and devastating, destroying most of civilization. The remainder of human kind knew they could not survive alone, and thus went about building a new race to coexist alongside them. These new creations were metal automatons, looking exactly like intricate metallic versions of humans. At first they were treated like equals, holding jobs, inventing, even having relationships with the humans. However, as time went on the human/automaton relationship devolved. The automatons are now mass produced solely to be servants, nannies, caretakers, and factory workers. They are programmed to have a one-track, work driven mind. Yet every now and then, one is made with a defect. Humans don't know why but some of the automatons come out of creation with the ability to think for themselves. They are quickly sent away to a place with unknown whereabouts. It is called The Orphanage and the automatons are sent there to rust.

The Orphanage is in a large city-state called Trehpsacore. It is shaped in a gigantic, walled in oval divided into two sections. The outside of the two sections, the closest to the wall, "Trehps", is the extremely rich section. The people there work in lavish offices, have large parties and satiate their fleshly desires as they wish. Prostitution, gambling, and drugs are huge and celebrated in Trehps. Parties are thrown nightly and the fashion is huge and ostentatious. Trehps people do anything to be popular and look fashionable. It is considered fashionable to have an automaton servant, worker, or concubine. The "Core", in contrast, is extremely poor. The people there work in the factories, making nice things for Trehps in terrible conditions. Starving to death in Core is extremely common. The few who can afford houses are lucky. There is an abundance of homeless people in Core.

The-City.jpg

cf828df5323861ea27aa0958ad369aaa-d2xp3zx.jpg

Interested already :D :D :D

Wow! Look how happy I made the girl :P... Would you like a Character Sheet of some kind? Or are you still busy with the rules and all?

Sounds good, What genre were you leaning towards?

Probably a more fantasy/scifi genre. No CS is necessary yet. That'll be in the ooc

And normally it doesn't take that much to make me happy:P

Easily pleased... A rarity in women, haha :D

I LOVE this idea i think it sounds super duper spiffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.