Treasure Hunters, Bounty Hunters, and Cartographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalista

Original poster
Final Update: This thread won't be updated anymore since the OOC is ready :) While I will still add more stuff to the OOC, most of the crucial information is there, here is the link to the OOC

Hi all,

I like to play MMORPG sometimes and one day thought about starting a role play based on hunting for treasure in dungeons. The setting would be anime fantasy. Actually, if you play or know about Aura Kingdom published by Aeria Games, that is where I get my inspiration for this. It would be in a setting like that. If you don't know the game, don't worry you could browse the wiki or just look at some screenshots from search engine. Some other reference might be One Piece or Fairy Tail, basically a magical world like that.

The role play would center around a single organization that specializes in bounty hunting, treasure hunting, and cartography. There will be headquarters for the organization and lots of dungeons to conquer.

I was thinking that the actual role play would happen in arcs or episodes. Basically, there will be "headquarter" arcs where drama, romance, training, or anything else happen in between missions or journeys. Then, after awhile the role play would go into "mission mode" where the group takes on a job whether from a client or by themselves. All this is assuming a small to medium sized group of role players, but if this role play grows large, then more than one group can be made so that more jobs can be taken.

All this will be more organized and in depth, but this is just the overview.

For individual members of the organization, you can be any of the three roles in any kind of combination. Of course, we can't have everyone be good at everything, but you are not limited to just one.

Dungeons are magical, tough, and Legend of Zelda-like in that there are puzzles to solve and teamwork required. Real good stuff can be found after the boss monster is defeated and the role play will also track what is earned. This means how the role play turns out will affect the state of the headquarters and organization.

Also, if this takes off, there will be plenty of opportunities for fellow role players to come up with their own mission or dungeon for the group to take on, I think this will be really fun, please let me know what you think.

Any suggestions or questions are welcome :)

Edit:
On top of dungeons, I am planning for the role play to start out with a basic headquarters, as each mission is done, the headquarters get upgraded. Maybe after selling the loot or receiving payment from client, the organization adds a swimming pool or another floor for residency. They sky is the limit and who knows, maybe much later on they end up with a castle or buy the whole city. xD

Edit-Edit:
I started the OOC thread, a link to it is here

Character sheet will be up soon, just so people can start working on their characters if they want, but please refrain from posting until the OOC is more complete :) I will change the status on that thread to Accepting when it is ready.

edit-edit-edit: I think it is ready for accepting characters, feel free to post your character sheets, I will still answer questions posted to this thread as well as that OOC thread too.

Last edited by a moderator:
A dungeon crawl without the d20s? An unusual concept that has me somewhat intrigued. I can count on one hand how many role-plays I'm already involved in, but it wouldn't be such a bad thing to pick up one more. I like to spread my roots around.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the game, but I can do a little research to acquaint myself with it for better understanding.

Color me interested. Worldbuilding is something of a specialty of mine, even if you're better off leaving location names to someone else.

I did some poking around on the Aura Kingdom wiki. It seems like a fun game, I wonder why I never tried it. Anyway, I'm definitely still interested in picking this up as an rp. Reserving a dwarf grenadier, likely treasure hunting/cartography.

Ohhh~ This sounds interesting indeed. I may very well be interested in joining one such rp :)
I've not played Aura Kingdom but I have Eden Eternal, if they are anything alike.

Awesome :)

It's not too important to know the game I mentioned, since it is just the flavor of the atmosphere, and it doesn't have to be all cute and goofy either, but the atmosphere I had in mind would be like a family-type guild/organization with a hierarchy in the organization like the leader, second-in-command, other officers, veterans, elite members, novices, etc. Genre would cover adventure, strategy, romance, drama, action, so its not just about fighting, but its also not just about love triangles or jealousy.

And ya, there will be lots of world building to do so Wolfsbane and anyone else interested in helping is welcome to pm me and we can organize it all out(after maybe a few more posters that are interested, I will start on the OOC/Sign-up thread that will have the in-depth info on the setting and other stuff)

I would probably host the first mission though to give an example of what I have in mind xD

I am interested as well :)

Yay :) Today is a snow day so I will start on some of the stuff.

On top of dungeons, I am planning for the role play to start out with a basic headquarters, as each mission is done, the headquarters get upgraded. Maybe after selling the loot or receiving payment from client, the organization adds a swimming pool or another floor for residency. They sky is the limit and who knows, maybe much later on they end up with a castle or buy the whole city. xD

It will probably be Friday evening before the initial OOC thread is up, anyone interested in helping build the RP is welcome to message me.

Here are possible roles you can help me with in building this RP:

World building - for plenty of dungeons, clients, and depth

Map making - if your character is a cartographer, you don't have to actually make maps, and if you character isn't one, you can still make maps. There will be lots of opportunities to make them throughout the RP

Art - for extra visual support or inspiration, of course proper credit will be given and if you want it removed it will be at your request

Pretty much I want this to be something we all feel like a part of and for those that like to be involved in the creation and stuff, I welcome it. :)

Any feedback is appreciated

Sounds cool, though I know nothing about the series you claim inspiration from.

otherwise count me in

No problem :)

It is just a reference but generally it is a magic/fantasy world with monsters and mostly humanoid races, it will have a eastern western mix culture sort of

I am interested. I don't really know anything about Aura Kingdom, but I have played a lot of fantasy games. Be it table top, console game, or mmorpg!

That's good :) I am not sure if you are familiar with eastern fantasy settings, but it will be kind of a mix between that and western. Basically, I mean it won't be a medieval English setting, but characteristics of that setting might be incorporated into this role play

Also, I have started the OOC thread and the link is here

I will put up the character sheet soon so people can start working on their characters, but things might change or get added, so please refrain from posting them until the OOC is more complete :)

Are you Accepting people still? And how many people are you allowing in this RP?

@Kalista Alrighty! Thought I'd check, I might post a character right away though and add detail here and there in time.

-The general information about the city the organization is located in is all up

-The general information describing the headquarters is up too

-First character accepted already xD

-Character sheets and info is all up, later on I will try to add in maps to make visualization easier

-Once enough characters are accepted I will start the IC for the first arc, which is a "headquarters" arc

-While that is happening I will probably be working on the first mission

As always, any questions, concerns, suggestions, or feedback is welcome, I will add more stuff but for now I must go do homework :(

Not overly familiar with eastern fantasy settings but I can definitely adjust for it. I'll give the OOC thread a peep a little later and go from there!

Final Update: This thread won't be updated anymore since the OOC is ready :) While I will still add more stuff to the OOC, most of the crucial information is there, here is the link to the OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.