Title Work-in-Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Philosoraptor

Original poster
An older RP I came up with. We play as geneticists, physicists, engineers, weapon designers, etc. who are all "hired" by one Mr. Lynch, contacted via e-mail. There is little in common between us, besides all being geniuses and extremely respected in our fields. Our lives are effectively brought to an end, however, as highly talented and skilled doubles take our places and die horrible deaths. We are brought to a highly isolated and advanced island base in the middle of the Atlantic in international waters, outside the jurisdiction of any one nation. Here, we apply the skills we learned in an environment outside of ethics, equipped with technology beyond our wildest dreams, and backed with funds that seem to materialize from nowhere. We do not necessarily question the applications or outcomes of our research, and most of us don't know that there are others. Soon (mid- to three-fourths of the way through the RP), we realize that there is a more sinister agenda in Lynch's plan.

The posts will be written in what I think is a unique format: Diary entries. In order to maintain our sanity, all parties are permitted a journal with which to record research and daily experiences. Interaction with other players will be kept to a minimum. If you require anything, you may break from the diary format and directly address Mr. Lynch (played by me) by meeting with him in his office. At a certain point in the story, more interaction will occur between players as our fields of study intersect.

Any questions, and any interested people? I expect an intermediate to adept level of writing, and I do background checks in the interest of examining your previous roleplaying skills.

This sounds interesting, the only thing I would recommend is that you just have the major part of each post a journal entry, then a smaller portion that is a real moment thing. Again, this does sound interesting, so just my two cents.

This sounds interesting, the only thing I would recommend is that you just have the major part of each post a journal entry, then a smaller portion that is a real moment thing. Again, this does sound interesting, so just my two cents.
Well, YOU TWO CENTS DON'T COUNT AND MY WORD IS LAW AND I'M NOT HURT BY YOUR WORDS AND I DON'T LIKE YOU WAAAAAAAA!

I guess it does make sense. Think you can advertise to other people, get some attention from other peeps you know here?

Status
Not open for further replies.