Titanic RP anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adira

Original poster
Titanic's Mystery

423849722_857.jpg

Hello! So if you are reading this you are possibly interested in this role play. In the tabs below you can view the plot, general overview, and a history of the titanic. I do hope you will be interested and hopefully want to join. If not, thank you for checking it out!! Read on!

Genres:: Romance, Epic Quest, Historical,Drama, and a bit of Horror
Setting:: 1912, The luxurious ship of dreams, The White Star Line's RMS Titanic.
Role Play Type:: Group
Level of experience required:: I will ask that you be at the Intermediate or Adept level. Meaning you are familiar with basic grammar and punctuation, can make a nice, clear, legible post of at least a paragraph length. To me a paragraph is 5 sentences. You would be able to keep up at a reasonable pace and expand on your character as the rp goes on.

Basic Plot:: April 10th 1912, This is the day you've been waiting for. The day that you leave Southhampton United Kingdom and head to New York City in America. You have been blessed with a ticket that will give you passage onto the largest and most luxurious ship of its time, the Royal Mail Shipping or RMS Titanic. Whether you are first class or third class the ship offers even the poorest of souls an escape from life and a chance at a new start in America. But, unknown to you the ship holds a lot more than just cargo and passengers it also holds a dark secret. {One that will be explained later} But when the ship collides with a massive iceberg and begins to sink will you be strong enough to survive?

RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912 after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southhampton, UK to New York City, US. The sinking of Titanic caused the deaths of more than 1,500 people in one of the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters in modern history. The RMS Titanic, the largest ship afloat at the time it entered service, was the second of three Olympic class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line, and was built by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast with Thomas Andrews as her naval architect. Andrews was among those lost in the sinking. On her maiden voyage, she carried 2,224 passengers and crew.

Under the command of Edward Smith, the ship's passengers included some of the wealthiest people in the world, as well as hundreds of emigrants from Great Britain and Ireland, Scandinavia and elsewhere throughout Europe seeking a new life in North America. A wireless telegraph was provided for the convenience of passengers as well as for operational use. Although Titanic had advanced safety features such as watertight compartments and remotely activated watertight doors, there were not enough lifeboats to accommodate all of those aboard due to outdated maritime safety regulations. Titanic only carried enough lifeboats for 1,178 people—slightly more than half of the number on board, and one-third her total capacity.

After leaving Southampton on 10 April 1912, Titanic called at Cherbourg in France and Queenstown (now Cobh) in Ireland before heading west to New York. On 14 April 1912, four days into the crossing and about 375 miles (600 km) south of Newfoundland, she hit an iceberg at 11:40 p.m. ship's time. The collision caused the ship's hull plates to buckle inwards along her starboard side and opened five of her sixteen watertight compartments to the sea; the ship gradually filled with water. Meanwhile, passengers and some crew members were evacuated in lifeboats, many of which were launched only partly loaded. A disproportionate number of men were left aboard because of a "women and children first" protocol followed by some of the officers loading the lifeboats.[3] By 2:20 a.m., she broke apart and foundered, with well over one thousand people still aboard. Just under two hours after Titanic foundered, the Cunard liner RMS Carpathia arrived on the scene of the sinking, where she brought aboard an estimated 705 survivors.

Big thanks to Wikipedia!

Now then, If you're still reading this I want to say thank you! I hope you are interested in this role-play as I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. There is not going to be a specific plot only a general one. I would like my fellow role-players to push the plot. Keep in mind that death is inevitable on the titanic so only a few people will survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.