Tiny Site Update June 21st @ 10am Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Sorry for the long bug fix update wait, garbage happened, but now I have a morning scheduled to try and tackle some of these really bad bugs from the last update!

This being a smaller update, the site will likely only be down for about two or three hours, but just in case, make sure you have a verified account on Discord so you can hangout with other bored Iwaku members and listen to me make a lot of owl curses when weird unexpected things blow up!

Translation for any newbies: The site shouldn't be down for long but more likey than not, something will break and it will go into late Monday night/ early Tuesday morning. Did I read the subtext right, @Diana ?

That's usually how these dumb things go, yes =_=

THE GOOD NEWS IS:
All the text editor issues should now be resolved.

THE BAD NEWS:
Tabs and a few other bbcodes no longer work, because the mod that installed those is what was breaking the text editor. Unless the modder fixes these issues with the editor, we will no longer be able to have fancy tabs bbcode or the other missing codes. This pretty much happens every time there's a big software update and there's nothing that can be done about it besides hoping somebody will finally make a tabs bbcode code that doesn't suck ass. >:[

You can report bugs or point out things and see what is weird here! https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/bug-reports-thread-xenforo-v2-2-5.195191/

Tabs and a few other bbcodes no longer work, because the mod that installed those is what was breaking the text editor. Unless the modder fixes these issues with the editor, we will no longer be able to have fancy tabs bbcode or the other missing codes. This pretty much happens every time there's a big software update and there's nothing that can be done about it besides hoping somebody will finally make a tabs bbcode code that doesn't suck ass. >:[
I can quote you, so it does work. I don't even know if i use tabs though. Could you explain it to me?

Like not sure at all.

Tabs is the bbcode where people can create lil boxes with tabs you can click on for more content. Kinda like the way browser tabs work, it was just made with div boxes in the post. O:

RIP tabs
a return to spoiler tags it is...

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Astaroth
Oooooh, we're doing the same text boxes as RPN rn
Also honestly? Tabs were already kinda broken, I've been trying to get attention to them having a weird extra space on the right that messes the centering up. So if we have to replace tabs now for a different one? I think it would be better... It just didn't look pleasant to me u.u

• Useful
Reactions: Astaroth
Status
Not open for further replies.