Thoughts on Christmas music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AngelNinja2018

Original poster
My thoughts on Christmas music that it is never to early to listen to it. I also believe that I always have nostalgia rushes to my childhood days, baking cookies, watching 25 days of Christmas, all that stuff.

I think it can be to early for it to be on the radio since once they get started it's all they'll play and they'll only play a dozen songs. Then they play those dozen songs over and over. Same song by the same artist. BUT I do like christmas music....and sometimes I'll randomly listen to it just because I can.

I like Christmas music, but only around Christmas. I have a Motown Christmas record that I play when I'm doing my holiday cooking and baking, very soothing.

Christmas music will not take over Halloween :( IT'S NOT TIME YET!!! My favorite holiday must stay clean from this Christmas insanity!

Christmas music is only good during December (from the 1st to the 30th. New years eve can't have Christmas songs). And then they shall come back in the beginning of summer just to irritate family members, and then after a couple of weeks they disappear until December again. They're only nice to listen to during one months and a few days a year. Otherwise it's just annoying xD
Oh, and I only like the Swedish stuff, because childhood. I rarely listen to English Christmas music with the exception for a few pop songs. Otherwise it's classics like the gingerbread mens song, the snow song, the Lucia song, and all that stuff that might or might not have names in English, but I didn't care to look it up so I just said what's in them instead of their actual names.

By the way... WHY DO WE HAVE A CHRISTMAS THREAD ALREADY AND NOT A HALLOWEEN THREAD? D: I knew People were trying to make Christmas a 6 months holiday, but I didn't think it would happen this soon. o.O Soon it will be Christmas all year long. *Gasp* The horror of shopping with nothing else but Christmas music. I'm scared T-T *Hugs horror movie collection while rocking back and forward in a corner*

Nightmare Before Christmas songs. Yea, that's pretty much it.

Is it the day after Thanksgiving? No?

Don't want to hear them.

Is it cold? No?

Don't want to hear them.

Is it Christmas?

DROP ME A FAT BEAT, CLAUS.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I LOVE Christmas Music! I have a music playlist on youtube. 8D

I HATE Christmas music before Thanksgiving. >:[ I hate when holidays take over other holidays, it's ridiculous. The whole reason that music/events/holiday stuff is supposed to special is because it's only supposed to last a SHORT time. Not three damned months.

GO BACK TO DECEMBER, CHRISTMAS.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I like to listen to Christmas music during the warmer months. It takes me to a cooler place. I don't like hot. Or sweaty. . _ .

I like some Xmas tunes, and dislike others. The only time I don't like it is before November and while I'm at work. The first is because it's imposing on my Halloweén, and the second because it's usually crappy pop covers and chipmunk tunes for 8-9 hours.

Oh gods, please no! :flail: My husband plays them enough in the off season as it is!!!

-runs away to cry a river-

Oh gods, please no! :flail: My husband plays them enough in the off season as it is!!!

-runs away to cry a river-
River?

It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on

But it don't snow here
It stays pretty green
I'm going to make a lot of money
Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene
Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on

I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
I wish I had a river I could skate away on
I made my baby cry

He tried hard to help me
You know, he put me at ease
And he loved me so naughty
Made me weak in the knees
Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on

I'm so hard to handle
I'm selfish and I'm sad
Now I've gone and lost the best baby
That I ever had

Oh, I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I made my baby say goodbye

It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace

dfm3zPL.png

I used to love Christmas music. It really set the festive mood for the holiday season and made everything feel even cozier.

...It all changed when I started working at Walmart. The same album of classics in repeat - and that was it. Sure, it's not so bad when you're shopping there because you're only there for maybe an hour or so, but imagine being stuck there for 9 hours 6 days a week hearing that shit over and over ad nauseum. By the time I put in my 2 week notice I was singing that junk in my sleep.

Now I can't stand the shit. Especially All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey.
If I hear Nick Cannon's prize pig squeal one more time my brain is gonna leak out of my ears.

I'm starting to get flashbacks.

Just about the only Christmas music I can stand anymore is the Homestuck for the Holidays album. Even though all the tracks are just the typical holiday songs Homestuck-ified (as in, remixed by the official HS music team) they're so much more palatable.

Reactions: RiverNotch
...It all changed when I started working at Walmart. The same album of classics in repeat - and that was it. Sure, it's not so bad when you're shopping there because you're only there for maybe an hour or so, but imagine being stuck there for 9 hours 6 days a week hearing that shit over and over ad nauseum. By the time I put in my 2 week notice I was singing that junk in my sleep.

Now I can't stand the shit. Especially All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey.
This. So much this. Except for working at walmart, but really anywhere they got Christmas songs on repeat are the same.

Thanks to the OP I'm now youtubing Christmas music. Thanks a lot. >_>

I can't wait for Christmas. A downside is, I recently immigrated to the US to marry my beautiful wife, which means this is only the second Christmas in my 28 years in life, that I don't get to celebrate with my mom, sister and brother. :(

Of course I get to celebrate it with my wife and her family, but it won't be the same without my mom and siblings being there with us. Blah.

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the waaaay.....

Status
Not open for further replies.