This thread isn't as stupid as the title makes it seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kingmaker

Original poster
It's even worse.

It has been a very long time since I've been on a forum. I feel like a geezer. It's also been a few months since I've actually written anything of any worth, so I'm probably rusty too. However, if you avert your eyes and politely pretend not to notice my -- metaphorical -- joints creaking, I hope we can write something interesting together.

Here are some ideas I've scrabbled together. I do have plot ideas for all of these, so throw me a PM if you'd like to hear more about them.
  • Wizard/Apprentice
  • Time Traveller/Immortal
  • Cain/Abel
  • Poison Taster/King
  • Android/Mechanic
  • Labyrinth
Some bit less structured interests:
  • Unworshipped gods, made from legend and turned to myth, brought low. Although quite diminished, they are still blooded godlings, and wage war as they always have, though not in the skies and not with bolts of lightning, but on asphalt, under flickering streetlights and neon signs. With guns, and drugs and whores and sex. With the mortals caught in between being nothing but collateral.
  • Human stumbles into the Unseelie Court and knows enough lore not to eat or drink anything and become trapped, but is still unable to leave of their own power. Pays court to the Unseelie King, is clever, tells stories etc.
  • Steampunk-verse. Stowaways, space pirates.
  • Demons, demonic contracts.
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
I think that about covers it. The first set of interests pretty much already has a plot, although your input would be very much appreciated. However, the second is a loose jumble of concepts more than it is an idea and plotting is an absolute requirement for those.

I play as both male and female, and write both het and slash ships. I do lean in certain directions for different plot ideas though, so ask before proceeding. We'll sort out things like posting style and length in PM.

Now to think up a title. My favourite part. /sarcasm

Last edited by a moderator:
The time traveler x immortal pairing has caught my interest. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a writing sample before I indulge any further? Feel free to PM the sample!

The time traveler x immortal pairing has caught my interest. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a writing sample before I indulge any further? Feel free to PM the sample!
No problem! It's always good to know what the hell you're getting into and if you're even compatible writers before asking any further.

Cain carefully began to wrap Abel's long fingers in bandages and didn't answer immediately as he let the silence grow and stretch taut. His eyes flicked up at the boy from under his lashes as he drank in Abel's expression, methodically taking it to pieces. He felt the slow stirrings of a smirk curl lazily to life. I know what you're thinking. His face was a passable mask of blankness, but Cain knew better than to think that absence of evidence was evidence of absence. That was a clue in itself. If he looked closer he could see the hard line of tension in Abel's stiff shoulders, the disdain in the furrow of his brow and uncertainty in the clench of his jaw. Cain filed these ticks away for future reference.

As soon as Cain let go of Abel's hands, the boy immediately drew away into the dubious safety of his side of the table. Then, instead of showing any kind of gratitude, he promptly began snarking with a kind of indignant petulance that reminded Cain of an animal. A small one. Like a chipmunk or a marmot. Cain opened his mouth to say as much but thought better of it, biting the inside of his cheek to wrest his smile into something more placid. He wondered briefly, as he soaked a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol, how someone could seem both so familiar and so strange at the same time. It made him curious, made some dormant part of him stir to waking for the first time in what felt like centuries.

"If I was out for personal benefit, don't you think I would have picked a target who was..." Cain's eyes flicked over the tattered state of the boy's appearance. To be fair, part of his rumpled disarray was probably due to the fact that he'd spent a good part of the night rolling around on the ground. But Abel didn't seem like the type to flaunt gold watches or stick diamonds in his teeth or something ridiculous like that anyway. "... better off?" he finished delicately. Well, it was less blunt than saying someone who doesn't look as broke as the night is long.

"And to answer your first question, I don't usually go around punching strangers. They never make it quite that easy." Cain shot him an amused look, as if to sayunlike you.

Cain decided to preempt an affronted retort by swooping in on Abel's face to clean up the scratches. He fully expected resistance and was surprised to be met with complacence as Abel tugged his hood off himself, revealing the full extent of his injuries. Not for the first time, Cain felt a pang of remorse, but this time it felt more pronounced, which probably had something to do with the fact that under the fluorescent kitchen lighting, Abel's wounds were actually quite a bit worse than Cain had originally thought. At least I avoided his nose. It'd be a shame to permanently screw up a face like that, Cain thought as he gingerly dabbed a particularly nasty looking cut. Not that this would have been the worst that we've ever done to each other. These looked like love taps, in comparison.

He sighed at the vicious, violent memories and smeared ointment over the ugly cut on Abel's mouth like he thought it could fix a thousand years of broken history. He kept his motions brusque until the rough callous of his thumb caught on the broken skin and then, somehow, the silence between them had taken on a heaviness, perhaps leeched from the tension freezing Cain in place. He glanced up from under hooded eyes. "Sorry," he murmured, pulling back.
Excerpt from a post, dated November 24, 2013.

Well done. If you're able to stay on third person the whole time instead of occasionally switching back and forth to first person, I'd love to roleplay with you!

Aha, yes, I was too lazy to fix the coding, but the first person tenses was originally in italics, indicating thoughts.

Shall I PM you my plot idea for time traveller x immortal?

The unworshiped Gods and mechanic/ android caught my attention. if you are still looking for a partner.

@Kingmaker By all means! I'd love to hear what you have in mind! :)
I don't know what it is, but I just can't PM you. Dunno why.

I was just gonna say though, care to return the favour and provide me with a writing sample? I'm not sure if you can PM me.

Demons, demonic contracts stuff sounds really cool i would like to try that out with ya.

Any of these sound interesting to me. So if you are still looking for some partners and have one that maybe your craving more then the others at the moment I'd love to do it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.