This is a rant thread: Post about what you're mad about today!

The plague is hitting hard here again, so the local hospital is reducing visiting hours, and getting stricter on people adhering to them. Totally, fully respect that.

Except visiting hours only are open an hour after I finish work, and thanks to the stupid traffic problems and ridiculous city layout, it takes me the guts of forty minutes to get there, to spend ten minutes with my mom who half the time is so drugged up on pain medication that she can barely tell I'm there. But my dad can't visit everyday - the hospital is hours away from where my parents live - and it makes him feel less bad, so... I go.

I have long covid on top of trying to manage all of this, and the fatigue is not helping my frustrations at all right now. T_T

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: jarek56 and kroyote
i've had a pretty okay couple of days with a few minor hiccups but something really got me upset tonight.

my partner worked late tonight since he had to deep clean at work, so i've had a reasonable amount of time to think about what to eat for dinner. i remembered we had some leftover rice from a day and a half ago and that's what i was gonna eat. partner gets home and he goes to make him and i food and it's not in the fridge. his family apparently cleaned the fridge out of all leftovers INCLUDING our food.
i've already been frustrated with his mom because she's basically ignored my existence since i came over a couple of weeks ago, and even before she kind of ignored me, but that's what story for another day.
my partner and i make and buy our own food while his family goes out to eat or brings home fast food almost every night, so why they were emptying the fridge of leftovers? no clue. but also like,,,if they did have left over food they needed to clean out, that's fine, but WHY do y'all gotta touch stuff you've clearly not made and throw it away? if you were unsure, you could've come to ask me because i've been home all day.
i know it shouldn't annoy me but i was looking forward to eating that. we have other food my partner is willing to make and i'm hungry, but i literally don't want any of it.

My car broke. It's got issues with the engine and I'm mad.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: kroyote
I'm just angry about my current home situation. Not being able to live like I live, due to a new roommate "hypersensitivity to sound". Existence is pain.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I'm just angry about my current home situation. Not being able to live like I live, due to a new roommate "hypersensitivity to sound". Existence is pain.
I completely understand that. My partner and I can't get a place of our own so we stay with his family mainly and it's horrible. They're essentially bad roommates.

I'm still mad that I got spoiled for Thor 4 two days before it even released. NOT EVERYONE WENT TO THE PRESS RELEASE OR ACTIVELY SEEKS SPOILERS. STOP POSTING THEM BEFORE THE MOVIE IS EVEN OUT FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAD SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE A MAJOR SHOCK ( I'M LOOKING AT YOU INFINITY WAR DUSTINGS) TO THE AUDIENCE BY THE INTERNET.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I feel bad about double posting, but Ahhh…..

I swear whenever I have extra money, the universe looks and goes " Ooooh, what can we break on him now?" AKA as the crack in my laptop has popped a piece off the outer casing top and now it doesn't align to close right since the inner closing piece near the battery got it's own crack now. WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS? ( Bonus points: You can see the wiring)

Also I'm posting this at 3 AM because I was just moving my laptop to go back to sleep as it was on my lap and that's when I found this out. Took about being rudely woken up ( Bonus points: I can't fall back asleep now

I HAVE FUCKING BUTTER FINGERS TODAY—

First, I dropped two boxes of donuts. Fortunately, only three were lost, but I still dropped them.

Then, I was gonna cook me and my sisters some frozen pizza, and I almost dropped those.

THEN, I was trying to get a Popsicle and it ended up not being completely frozen, it broke open and spilled all over the freezer.

I'm not happy >:(

Bless this topic. I need to vent because there's no where else I can share it.

Okay, I understand roleplaying sites are a safe place where you can be anyone you want. Sure, that's great and all, but when it comes to lying about certain aspects about your ACTUAL self, please be considerate of others. I had a user (not on Iwaku thankfully) lie about being a nationality that they very clearly weren't. I don't know who needs to hear this, but that is INCREDIBLY offensive to the people that are the nationality you're pretending to be as well as to the people who speak the language. I would prefer you NOT to do this. But again, it's a roleplaying site and if it doesn't break the rules of Iwaku or whatever site you're on, do what you like.

Okay here's the big rant:
How did I know they were pretending? Well, I spoke the language they were claiming to speak. And after several exchanges (I have a mountain of evidence that just makes me angry every time I look at it.) it was very clear they were using google translate to try and fool me! Like, did they think I just wouldn't notice? I gave them many opportunities to come clean, but they continued to LIE about it. Which just made me so freaking mad. I even proved they were using Google Translate and pointed out the many nuances in their sentences that made ZERO sense.

My significant other is a native speaker of this language and agreed that it was incorrect! I told them as much. I really tried to be nice and let them come forward. They gave me a slew of excuses which included: My computer is a touch screen and I can't get the keyboard for my native language. It's very difficult to type on a touch screen. Using Google Translate was more CONVENIENT.

First off, I'm thinking. If you're from a foreign country and you brought your laptop with you (because they claimed to be a student from the foreign country in question), the laptop would be TAILORED to the native language. Unless, you're trying to convince me, you just bought a whole new laptop without understanding how to download your native language's keyboard (or changing the laptop's language entirely upon setup). That's complete BS and HIGHLY unlikely even if it is true.

Second, there's one very obvious, last resort work around because we all know, google translate is TRASH. I'd like to call out VOICE TO TEXT! Anyone who speaks any number of languages at a decent level knows google translate is NOT a substitute for knowing the language. Otherwise, no one would fail their foreign language homework ever. Everyone knows google only does part of the work, it doesn't always conjugate properly and it can't work out the nuances or proverbs. It doesn't LOCALIZE.

So, obviously after countering their lies with my slew of evidence, they blocked me and otherwise stopped responding. Which in my opinion, only admits guilt. That kind of behavior isn't a bannable offense, but it's still DISGUSTING to continue lying when you've been caught. Like just come clean at that point. Let me keep at least one iota of respect for you. Okay rant over. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Quake and kroyote
Roommate found out they had Covid last week and conveniently forgot to mention it. It's not like me and my dogshit immune system needed to know that information.

Guess who's got it now?

Fuck. Me.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Quiet Pain
Roommate found out they had Covid last week and conveniently forgot to mention it. It's not like me and my dogshit immune system needed to know that information.

Guess who's got it now?

Fuck. Me.
If you're still early you can ask a doctor about Paxlovid! It's an oral anti-viral med most effective if taken right after a positive test.

• Thank You
Reactions: Quake
I made this super delicious and impressive ham dinner tonight.

And then I was hit by a bunch of emotions that have DESTROYED my appetite. I have eaten NOTHING.

If my heart and brain had faces, I might punch them.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Quake