The World Left Behind (IC)

As the feeling of accelerating higher into the air tugged at their stomachs, Reina let out a loud snort at Bill's sass. For a split-second Javion's face twisted into an ugly snarl, but quickly smoothed out into his calm facade. Deciding to ignore Tess' boots on the table, Javion pulled out a small remote and activated the holographic display in the middle of the table. A large three dimensional map appeared of a section of city, complete with architectural plans, security devices, and much more. Sitting up a little straighter, Javion motioned to the projection and cleared his throat. "So now on to our first order of business. Our first task is to steal this." Zooming in, a large industrial railyard was highlighted in glowing orange and a cargo train pulsing in a soft blue. A line of text labeled the railyard as "Chicago Ancillary Railyard 3". Smirking slightly Javion continued with his presentation. "Think of this as a performance review. We do well, and I can assure you we all will be rewarded. But if we fail...well let's just ignore that outcome for now. We will split into two teams. The distraction team and the hijack team. Remember we are to operate outside of the law, so while my benefactor is very powerful we will not be receiving any outside assistance." Pressing another button, Javion pointed at the small red dots popping up on the projection. "A frontal assault will not work, while they might be poorly trained. The local security forces can simply overwhelm us with numbers. Hence my plan to divide and conquer. The distraction team will consist of Syd and Zion Bill. You two are to attack the far side of the railyard where they store the various high-value cargo shipments. If you feel like taking anything while inside feel free, it will help sell the illusion of professional criminals."

Zooming back over to the train, Javion highlighted a set of thick steel doors. "The hijack team will consist of Otto, Tess, and Reina. Otto your priority is to blow open the railyard doors. The railyard will lockdown when the attack starts so it will be easier to simply destroy the doors instead of trying to hack the local electronics. Reina will be in an overwatch position and provide covering fire for Tess as she takes control of the train. If all goes well, the hijack team will simply waltz out of Chicago with the train and the distraction team vanishes into the night." Setting the hologram to slowly rotate, Javion set down the remote. "I can already hear the question so I will answer it now. Why am I not included? Because I will be at the rendezvous point monitoring communications, providing intel, and dealing with any nosey workers."

Syd gave Javion a blank stare to which the smarmy man was somehow able to decipher it's meaning. "Oh calm down Syd. As much as I appreciate you doting on me like a giant nanny, your skills will be best used elsewhere. I am perfectly capable of handling myself." Reina had simply spread herself out on a couch like a cat and was idly adjusting her eyes with a small device. "Sounds like a plan Javion." Rolling his eyes at his cohorts lackluster reaction, Javion leaned back in his chair. "So any questions?" Outside the last rays of sunlight highlighted a giant roiling cloud of dust, the aircraft vibrating slightly as the pilot pushed the engines to their limits. Several tastefully placed light fixtures turned on and the pleasant breeze from the air-conditioning ruffled through the beige carpet underfoot.

Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Javion
Mentioned: Bill, Tess, Reina and Syd
---

Otto took the glass Bill had handed him but he declined to drink any of the liquor inside, he was much more of a wine person and he didn't want any type of cloud hanging over his mind as the display popped up and Javion went over their first mission. A heist, which if Otto was honest wasn't something he had expected but wasn't about to say no to either since he got to blow something up, he focused in on the layout and construction of the gate that would be his target as well as how Javion was splitting up the teams as well as his explanation of each teams members selection and their jobs before asking for questions which of course Otto had several. He turned his analytic eye from the holographic to Javion. "I'll need details of the door's construction, materials used and such as well as any info on locking and unlocking mechanisms. Depending on how that's done I might be able to rig something up that just blows the locks and lets the door swing open with minimal pomp and circumstance so it just looks like a train departing for a new destination and of course if that's not an option I will need to know if I'm trying to defeat steel or a titanium alloy as an example because those both require a different touch from each other. Also you want me to rig up something more incendiary for Bill and Syd? I figure if they start a blaze at the other end of the shipping yard would cause a bigger distraction assuming I don't gotta completely destroy the door and while it will draw more attention faster I figure they won't be to keen on seeing what Tess, Reina and I will be doing while the merchandise they're protecting is going up in flames. Food for thought." Otto added at the end as he leaned back again and tabbed the arm of his chair with the synthetic fingers of his left hand.

Reactions: Amaranth
Zion Bill
1551645155652-jpeg.173294

Bill was rewarded for his snark with a small break in Javion's facade. And while Bill did enjoy the jab he'd landed on the cocky young feller, he couldn't help but feel he ought to really make sure this mission went well. While Javion himself wasn't someone Bill particularly feared at the moment, he could tell that his benefactor was certainly a powerful and rich man. Staying on his good side, and by extension, Javion's, would be paramount if he wanted to survive and get off this hellscape. Besides that, the idea of robbing the rich filled Bill with intense determination. He was more than happy to rob a train. Reminded him of the old days. But he wasn't sure quite who they were stealing from.

"Reckon you aren't gonna tell us who we're robbin. Guess that's fine with me. Less burden on the old conscience." He took a sip of whisky and grimaced. "I reckon an explosion and a quick, brutal attack should be more than enough to take care of the train guards. Reckon if we take out the leader of the guards we should be able to put a dent in the bravery of these poor fools guarding the train. Big explosion, quick attack, in and out. So if you know who's in charge of these fellers, that'd be right useful information. If not, no big deal. I reckon me and Syd dressed in threatening attire and using smoke bombs, real bombs, and heavy weapons should be able to keep these fellers at bay. One last thing: Where's the rendezvous point gonna be? And will Syd and I have access to transport or will we be hoofin' it outta Chicago?"

Hairy firefights were Bill's bread and butter. He'd been in all sorts of rough situations. If he had a bulletproof vest and decent working weapons, he'd be able to do this no problem. He'd performed bigger attacks on scarier men with much worse equipment. He felt very good about going into this. But spiritually? The thought of killing inexperienced men filled him with anxiety. It reminded him of fighting child soldiers in the dark deserts of Africa. It just wasn't fair. The professional side of him reveled in this news. The part that served his Lord and Savior, however, loathed the idea of such senseless slaughter. And yet he'd do what he had to do to escape this place. The future awaited him.​

When Javion began to explain what they would be doing, Tess actually took her feet out of the table and leaned forward, whisky momentarily forgotten. Getting her hands on a train? A reward all of its own, as far as she was concerned. She heard Javion's strategy with attention while trying to commit as much as she could of the railyard to her mind, nodding when the man finished talking. Seemed like a good plan. True, she was a bit uncomfortable about having to trust Reina to cover her so soon after meeting the woman, but she knew she would need to work together with the others if she took the job, so the discomfort could be ignored for now.

"So get in, take control of the train, get out. Seems simple enough." Tess said, eyes still on the hologram. "I assume you have already considered the train schedule, right? People aren't supposed to notice that the train has been stolen until the whole thing is done, or should we expect trouble in the middle of the road?" Because if this was being stolen, there was something precious inside. There was no way people wouldn't keep an eye on the cargo - and considering they couldn't really leave the rails, it wasn't that hard to find a train. Honestly, she was pretty sure this had already been arranged, but it never hurt to make sure. If there was a chance they'd be intercepted in the way, she would like to at least be prepared for it.

Other than that, and the questions that the others had already asked, there wasn't much else she wanted to consider. Placing her glass on the table, Tess leaned back on her seat again.

"Are you going to give us anything for this, or we'll have only our own equipment?" While Tess was sure her tools were good enough for the job, she couldn't deny that she was dying to see what kind of stuff their employer had at their disposal.

Reactions: Dunruffle
Javion nodded along as questions were asked and waited until everyone was finished. "All proper questions I must say. When you get down to it I guess you are all called professionals for a reason." Reaching down to a barely noticeable drawer, Javion pulled out three electronic tablets and slid them to everyone at the table. "These tablets should contain all the relevant information. The quality and make of the doors, patrol schedules, and the technical specifications of the train itself."

Leaning back, Javion turned to look at Bill in a surprisingly serious manner. "You and Syd will be picked up by another agent in a vehicle and transported to the meeting location. All I know about the agent is that they are working under our employer as well. I would imagine different parts of the operation are compartmentalized for security purposes. I assume you know how one weak-willed rat can be...coerced into spilling secrets." Swiveling his chair to face Tess, Javion wagged a finger like a stern parent. "Now now miss Therese, all you need to worry about is driving the train. Like I just told Bill, this group is simply a small part in a much grander scheme. Asking too many questions can just give you a headache. The tracks will already be set for the drop off destination. When you get to the drop off point, just simply hop off the train and you will be taken to the meeting spot via car."

Standing up, Javion stretched slightly and straightened out his suit. "Now if you all could follow me please." Walking away without looking to see if anyone followed him, Javion strolled down a hallway, passed several doors, and stopped at an imposing looking metal door. Pressing his thumb against the fingerprint scanner mounted next to the doorframe, Javion patiently waited until the door opened with a mechanical hiss. Walking through the doorway, Javion stopped as rows of harsh white lights flickered on overhead.

The rear half of the aircraft was very reminiscent of it's original design. The floor and walls were metal and a large cargo door was situated at the back end of the aircraft. However the contents of the cargo hold were much more impressive. Gun lockers lined the walls, filled to the brim with almost every type of firearm imaginable. Crates marked with hazard signs sat next to racks holding everything from simple grenade launchers to state of the art homing missile launchers. In the middle sat tables filled with various pieces of high end technology. Cutting edge body armor sets, night vision goggles, rappelling gear, a veritable smorgasbord of equipment. In the back a large vehicle was covered in a thick black tarp. It's outline suspiciously looking like a tank used for frontline warfare.

Turning to face those who followed him, Javion smirked with barely concealed pride. "One cannot say that our employer is not generous. All of this is at your disposal, feel free to take whatever you want for the mission." Covering a yawn with his hand, Javion leaned against a nearby gun locker. "Once you are done in here feel free to rest in the cabins. Those doors we just passed if you somehow did not infer that already. Just standard sleeper cabins. Complete with fresh linens and hot showers. Feel free to use the shower, I know I need to wash that dreadful dusty stink off of me. It will take roughly six hours to get to our destination. If you have anymore questions go bother Reina or Syd. For I am going to take a well deserved nap." Stretching once more, Javion squeezed past Syd and Reina. Leaving the two bodyguards alone with the three mercenaries. Syd simply stood silently as Reina walked over to a gun locker and began rummaging around.

Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interactions: Tess, Reina, Syd and Bill
---

Otto half listened as the datapad was slid to him and Javion addressed the others. He needed to study this information though he was paying enough attention to stand, grab his bag and follow after Javion. As he studied the datapad he noted that the gate was made of steel but coated in an aluminum alloy and was about half a foot thick at a uniform rate throughout the structure as well as standing about ten feet high, locked in place with an electronic lock that needed a two person team to unlock in the control station, he noted that those two would either have to be disabled, killed or otherwise not paying attention, and that the gate's physical locking mechanism was two simple reinforced steel bars that moved in and out of the way of two rollers that allowed the gate to slide in and out of the wall but there in lay the issue here as the gate wouldn't be able to be slid by hand since the damn thing was two hundred and forty five tons so someone would need to get in the control room and activate the door after the locks were dealt with.

Otto looked up from the datapad and saw that they had arrived to the back of the aircraft which held all kinds of goodies that made his eyes light up like a kid in a candy store. He went and set his datapad down on one of the center tables which was soon going to be his work bench regardless of what was already on it, he went over to a weapons locker and opened it and began to rummage as he was looking for two specific things since he already had his own shotgun and pistol which stood as his primary armament of choice. The first weapon he pulled out was a old refurbished M4 carbine, which gave some weight to the old saying Hunter always used to tell him "Where ever there is bloody conflict you will find a M16 or AK47 of some sort." It brought a smile to his face as he slung it over his shoulder before looking again and finding the second item, a super shorty shotgun or in other words a shotgun he could conceal under a jacket or coat. After gathering these two items he went and set them down on the table along with his pack and went to a locker labeled with an explosive warning sign and grabbed some items he would need for the use in the future mission.

After he sat down with his equipment in front of him finally turned so Tess and Reina could hear him. "So it looks like we might need to deal with two people and get someone into the control room to actually activate the door once the locks are blown through and no going through the door with explosives isn't a possibility unless we want a crater and no rail to get the train over. The issue I am seeing is that the door is on a roller system and it will need to be accessed in the control room where the two people I mentioned will be at, I figure we get Tess into the train yard, I plant the explosives then make my way to the control room under your cover Reina and both blow the locks and open the door. Thought or concerns to add to this plan of action?" Otto asked the two women before he looked to Bill and Syd's direction. "Also if you two want anything with a little more oomph then frag grenades tell me before we get to our destination and I'll whip something up for you two." Otto finished speaking to the aging marksman and brute before he turned to the table and began to rig up two remote explosives for the locks while he listened in for Reina or Tess to add their comments or concerns with the initial plan he came up with.
------
Equipment List:
Primary shotgun: Ithaca M37
Super shorty shotgun and FNX45 pistol
M4A1

Last edited:
Zion Bill

As the group got up from the conference table, Bill took a moment to flick through the tablet. Basic information. The guards, just like Javion said, weren't trained professionals. Well, they were trained, but in a very basic manner. They wouldn't freak out at the sound of gunshots, but if enough of their number bit the dust, Bill was confident the rest would give up or flee. That's what battles were all about. So long as the other side didn't wanna fight at the end, you were the winner. And Bill knew how to make men feel fear. It was all about building a persona. A legend. It was what he'd done in Africa, to the point where villages full of people would flee when Bill and his men were in the vicinity. No one wants to fight someone who they believe to be invincible.

And so when they entered the beautiful armory, Bill went straight for the body armor.
images

It was sleek, durable, and most importantly, flexible. Bill had only seen this stuff on the richest of mercenaries. He wasn't sure what it was, but he was a huge fan. He heard one guy got shot when wearing this armor and the bullet just bounced. Of course, that was probably bullshit, but it was still damn fine body armor. If he put it on under his clothes and wore his duster over it, he'd look to be invincible to his foes if they did end up landing a shot on him. Ideally, they wouldn't. But Bill had been shot plenty of times. It was an eventuality, not just a possibility. And when that eventuality came to pass, it paid to be prepared. Bill also grabbed some incendiary and explosive rounds for his revolvers, and some armor piercing bullets as well as a new scope for his trusty rifle. He didn't think his foes would be very well-equipped, but he figured some fancy bullets would deal heavy damage to both their bodies and their minds.

He looked back as Otto offered to make something special for he and Syd. He stroked his mustache for a moment, then grimaced as he remembered a particularly brutal battle in the city of Nairobi. If they had some of that...

"You familiar with somethin' called white phosphorous? Burns like hell. Don't know much about it, but I seen what it does to a man. Reckon we get some cannisters full of it and somethin' to shoot 'em out of, and we can make them soldier boys mighty scared of us." As he spoke, Bill also grabbed a couple skull masks and tossed one to Syd.

"If we scare 'em, we ain't gotta fight 'em," he told the brute.
1553834446191.jpeg

Tess gave a wide smile at the sight of the tablet, picking it up and dividing her attention between the still on-going conversation and the information available in the device. She had skimmed through the less interesting information when Javion began to answer her question, and the smile on her lips hardened as she glared at him.

"It's Tess." she corrected. "And I'd say asking not enough questions is a better way to get a headache. But what would I know, right?" she dropped it at that, returning her attention to the tablet in front of her with a scowl. The information there was more helpful and less annoying than Javion, so it was a fair trade as far as she was concerned. Tess got up to follow the others, eyes still glued on the tablet when the white lights brightened the room around them. The train was a fairly new one, but nothing too different from what she was expecting. There might be some trouble in opening the gates and distracting the guards, but she didn't expect much difficulty in driving it. Despite some companies boasting that their trains were better and more awesome and whatnot, the actual driving was pretty straightforward. In fact, if the blueprints were anything to go by, Tess expected more trouble to get the thing started than to keep it on the rails.

Finally, she took her eyes off the tablet and looked around the room, the smile once more tugging in the corner of her lips. It was definitely worth putting up with bratty bosses if this was going to be their reward. For a while, she just walked around, looking at the options they had - including raising the tarp a bit to take a look at the vehicle below, her smile growing when she did so. In the end, she walked back to the table Otto was placing his equipment on with a Desert Eagle, a bulletproof vest and a sniper rifle suspiciously similar to the one Reina was carrying - even if she couldn't put a rifle to practical use, she would be damned if she passed the opportunity to disassemble it to take a look.

The woman pushed part of the equipment that was on the table away, and hopped up, sitting at the edge, careful to be just far enough not to disturb Otto or the things he had selected and placed in front of him. Tess took the night vision goggles, placing them on her head before she answered Otto's question.

"I think you know explosions better than me, so I'll trust your plan. I need to basically do four things - start the engine, set the brakes in the cab, release the hand brake in the back and then I go back to the cab and we're ready to go. So I can keep myself busy while you two do your thing. There're some things that need to be checked prior to starting the train, though, so we might actually run with one or two others near the train itself. Definitely not a problem, but something to keep in mind." she tapped the tablet, humming. "These explosives you will plant on the gate, though, are they loud enough that might attract attention despite the massacre Bill is planning? It takes a while for the train to gain speed, so it'd be better to try and not attract much attention until it's out of reach. Or you think you can keep any inconvenience at bay, Reina?"

Tess then watched as Bill tossed a skull mask to Syd.

"Oh, that's a nice touch! Do you think we should all wear it? So it seems the work of a new gang. We should name ourselves - the White Skulls. The Skulls of Vengeance. The Damnation Syndicate." she listed the names before leaning back and watching a now-upside-down Syd. "Do you think we could scare Javion off as well if we wear those masks?"

Last edited:
Reina finished perusing the armory and picked out a marksman rifle from a padded foam case. Screwing on the suppressor, Reina leaned against the covered vehicle. "Here i was thinking this was gonna be easy. Just remember i can only cover you guys one at a time. Since i will be up on the catwalks i should have clear lines of sight on everything except the inside of the train and the control station. When you guys are in there you will be on your own. So please don,t get yourself shot because i am not running in to save you." When Bill gave Syd a mask and Tess voiced her idea, Reina arched an eyebrow questioningly. "Umm...you guys can wear the masks if you want, did not know you all were fans of those cheesy heist movies." Pushing off the tank, Reina pulled out a nearby drawer and selcted a handgun and thigh holster. "The only thing that would scare Javion is if he had to swim through sewage. I swear his priorities are fucked up to the extreme, he would rather be shot instead of doing something remotely dirty. But i guess that is what Syd and I are for."

While Reina was talking Syd had moved over to the body armor section. Catching the skull mask from Bill, Syd simply gave a grunt and shrug before returning to his search. Stopping in front of a large container, Syd smirked ever so slightly and opened it up by punching in a code on the attached keypad. Inside was a suit of body armor that appeared to be designed for maximum carnage. Layers of armor, ballistic plating, and bulletproof cloth covered the suit. The feet had metal claws similar to that of a bear and the helmet was a unique angular design. Nodding in satisfaction, Syd turned around walked over to several large gun racks. After a second of thought, Syd retrieved a bulky but portable minigun with a giant drum magazine. Looking over, Reina rolled her eyes and snorted. "Jesus Syd its just some security grunts its not like we are planning to start a war or anything." glancing back at Reina, Syd simply shrugged and grabbed a pistol out of a case. "Better safe than sorry." Syd's somewhat raspy voice carried a bit of scolding like a mentor to a pupil, making Reina hold up her hands in surrender. "Fine do whatever, but i am not hauling your ass out if you get stuck."

sweetwater_operator_srs_by_tastyjuice_d5mt47w-fullview.jpg

dht_m39_mp10_custom_cobra_by_blackdonner_db5iqcq-pre.jpg

riot_squad_by_obokhan_dc8hyei-pre.jpg
d8ksg46-ee04038b-11e3-4edd-80c2-2c43c5289799.jpg

d6bqstd-58e6534c-4e57-49c3-b490-c1d98f5135e3.jpg

Attachments

• sweetwater_operator_srs_by_tastyjuice_d5mt47w-fullview.jpg
    sweetwater_operator_srs_by_tastyjuice_d5mt47w-fullview.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
  • dht_m39_mp10_custom_cobra_by_blackdonner_db5iqcq-pre.jpg
    dht_m39_mp10_custom_cobra_by_blackdonner_db5iqcq-pre.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • d6bqstd-58e6534c-4e57-49c3-b490-c1d98f5135e3.jpg
    d6bqstd-58e6534c-4e57-49c3-b490-c1d98f5135e3.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1
Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Bill, Reina and Tess
---

Otto looked to Bill first as his hands worked with practiced ease on a small mound of what looked like clay but was actually C4. "Bill you talk as if willy peat, I'm sorry, white phosphorus is uncommon, any standard issue smoke grenade is gonna use it. Should be some smokes in the explosives locker I got this C4 from just make sure it lands near whatever you want to set on fire and no I can't make it stronger, white phosphorus reacts with air in it's natural state and this room doesn't have the equipment I would need to make it into something more usable then just the standard smoke grenade." Otto explained to the older marksman as he grabbed a detonator and electrical charge generator which both held the same markings and depressed the detonator's trigger to watch the generator create a small spark, after making sure both of them worked he grabbed some wires and began to wire the generator to said wires.

As he kept working he listened to what Tess said about her part in the plan and stared in her direction with a deadpan, both at asking if his explosives would be loud and the ridiculousness of her gang names. "Well Tess, it's C4 so it's gonna make some noise but let's hope that Bill and Syd are making enough noise of their own that we don't bring the horde down on our heads. Also I vote for no masks." As Otto finished he repeated the process from before with another generator and made sure to link it to the first ones detonator as well and tested it while watching two electrical currents arc at once.

Otto added two blasting caps to each generator before setting the detonator's safety which for all intents and purposes disabled it as he inserted both generators into two separate mounds of C4 and set them with his gear as he finally looked to Reina. "As long as I got my ass covered when I'm climbing on the gate to put the C4 in place I can live with dealing with the control station myself, with any luck no one will be there and if they are there...well I didn't get into this line of work to be nice." He finished speaking with a shrug as he stood stretching the whole time.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen i'm going to retreat to one of these rooms provided and take a nice long shower then i'm going to sleep because i'll be damned if I am going on a job tired." Otto said before walking to one of the rooms and opening the door and heading in but before he completely disappeared into his room he poked his head back out. "Oh and Reina Tess, if either of you two wanted to join me I wouldn't be opposed." Otto said with a cheesy grin and a wink to both women before he broke out into a fit of laughs and disappeared into the room entirely with the door closing behind him.
-----
Otto Current clothes

Zion Bill

Bill listened to Otto talk for a moment. Lot of explosives mumbo jumbo, but he explained it well enough. Anything that made a loud noise and would scare the guards would be fine by Bill. He almost smiled at Tess's gang name suggestions. "Reckon it won't be necessary for us to have a name. Less they know about us, the better. And the masks...well, you may not be fan of 'em, but shootin' at a faceless man can be a terrifying experience. Might not even be able to tell if I'm human" he said as he stuffed his mask and some grenades into a duffel bag. "I'm with Otto. I'm gonna go enjoy one of these warm showers, read my old Bible, and get some sleep." With that, he walked out of the room, lighting a cigarette as he did so. He went to one of the little private quarters. It was nice, as expected. He set his bag down at the foot of the bed, placed his hat on a nice desk, and went into the bathroom. He turned the water on hot, and lounged in the steam for a while, letting the water run down his body, soaking into dozens of old scars, burns, and aches.

"Father, forgive me for what I will soon have to do," he murmured, clutching his cross necklace, "Those who live by the sword will die by the sword, and if that be my fate today, I will accept it. But I ask protection over my companions, and fair judgement on the men who we will slay today. May their souls find peace regardless of where they spend eternity." Bill showered for a while. Finally, after about fifteen minutes, he switched off the water, wrapped himself in a comfy robe, and sat on his bed. He flipped open his ancient Bible with his full name, Bill Watson, inscribed on the cover. And he read, trying his best to prepare himself for the coming onslaught.​

"You guys are no fun at all. I guess I'll have to find others to join the Damnation Syndicate, then." Tess said, an overly dramatic sigh leaving her lips. She pushed more of the equipment out of the way and laid down on the table, raising the rifle above her eyes and turning it around. Very, very good quality. Something similar to what she had seen when she was a teen, but not since. Tess chuckled at Syd's almost ridiculous overpreparation, and his brief banter with Reina, but then, anything that could help take the focus away from the train was worth a shot, in her opinion. She could shoot some guys in the face if needed, but honestly, Tess kind of wished to be able to focus on the train and only that. Who knew when she would have another opportunity to actually drive something like that again?

When Otto left the room, Tess rolled her eyes.

"Hey, don't make suggestions if you're not willing to follow through with them!" She yelled after him, without taking her eyes away from the weapon in her hands. After Bill had also left, she rolled out of the table, snatching the tablet. "Well, guess I'm off as well. Good rest for you two."

Tess made her way to one of the still vacant rooms, closing the door behind her and going straight for the showers, allowing the warm water to wash away the dirt in her skin. It was nice and relaxing, a welcomed change from the usual routine. There were definitely perks of working for rich people.

Once she was clean, Tess slumped down on the bed, taking the tablet again and looking for the route the train would take. There was no way she would be able to remember everything with so little time - especially since she wanted to sleep at least a little before she would need to drive a train for who knows how long -, but it would definitely be helpful if she knew at least about which kind of terrain they would go through.

The train route on Tess' tablet was fairly straightforward. Once past the gate, the train would need to be driven towards the drop off point. The drop off point was six kilometers away, a relatively barren stretch of track that cut through several old factories. All the rail switches would be set ahead of time so there was no need to stop the train to switch tracks. Courtesy of the other agents partaking in the operation.

When Otto invited Tess and Reina to his room, the snarky sniper simply gave the bearded man a stiff middle finger. Once everyone left, Reina huffed in annoyance as she made her way over to the equipment table and picked up the sniper rifle Tess had been handling. "So what do you think Syd? In my opinion this op only goes two ways. We either get everything done quick and easy and be back in time for dinner. Or we get a giant clusterfuck that might get us all killed." Syd was silent as Reina put the sniper rifle back in it's case. "We just need to stick to the plan." Syd talked over his shoulder as he finished re-checking his weapons. Reina walked over to the hulking brute and stared at him with her hands on her hips. "And what if our new friends don't stick to the plan?" Syd stared back at the smaller woman with cold emotionless eyes. "Kill them. We don't need liabilities." Smirking slightly, Reina poked Syd's chest. "A giant bundle of compassion you are Syd." Pushing past him, Reina stifled a yawn. "Get some rest, big day ahead." Syd simply gave Reina a non-committal grunt as the sniper left the armory.

[6 hours later]

The sensation of the aircraft descending could be felt as the intercom clicked on. "Alright everyone time to work. Put on your game faces as they say." Javion's haughty tone cut off as the aircraft landed with a jarring thud. The vtol had landed on a massive helipad situated on top of a skyscraper. The private helipad was obviously to keep curious eyes from witnessing anything, another perk of working for the obscenely rich and powerful. The night sky and moon were covered by massive storm clouds as freezing rain blew blew through the air. Inside the disguised vtol, Javion waited patiently in the meeting room, dressed in a new suit and wearing a fresh overcoat. Syd stood next to him clad in the giant armored suit, making the already large bodyguard look absolutely gargantuan. Reina sat in one of the leather chairs with her suppressed rifle in her lap as she unfolded an poncho with an urban camo design.

Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interactions:
---

Otto hadn't slept much, never was a good nights rest for him nowadays but he was used to it. He had rolled off his bed about four or so hours into the flight to their destination and went through his pre-mission check as it were as he assembled what he would be wearing, he had gone out as the flight continued and everyone else slept to grab some pieces of gear and clothing he thought would be useful during their smash and grab.

Jeans, a plain shirt and a grey hoodie made up the first layer of clothing along with a pair of black boots that came up his ankle a few inches and which had the jean legs over top. The second layer was a set of web gear that was also grey, it held several pouches and places for a couple shell holders on the straps which in total carried ten extra shells while the belt's right side held a holster in which he placed his FN45 and put four extra magazines in two pouches on the left, to the back right of the belt there was a sheath that held Otto's ax, rather more actually a hatchet but that was splitting hairs, he took the small shotgun he had grabbed earlier and hooked it to a sling and put it over his shoulders so it hung freely on his right side and finally in the back of the belt sat a pouch appropriately called a butt pouch which held a suppressor for his pistol which he had also gotten in his second go through in the equipment room. The third layer Otto put on was a dull green almost grey overcoat that went down to just above his knees, the coat helped hide the web gear as well as his armaments and would add another layer of protection against the elements. On top of it all he added a messenger bag which held both more shells for his shotgun along with the C4 and it's detonator.

Otto threw the hood up to hide his face, though he had said to Tess that he preferred no masks he had reconsidered the notion as he had gone over the tablet he had been given again along with remembering what the job was, they were suppose to have it look like bandits or large scale thieves something he hadn't given much thought to until he had woken up. If they were to make it seem like a simple theft it was best not to have his face being seen, as arrogant as it would have sounded out of the group he was the most well known, a terrorist bomb maker being seen with a group stealing a train would make the whole thing go from just a smash and grab to so much more on the radars of anyone who caught footage or wind of what was going to happen today. Otto gave a long sigh as he pulled the hood down and went into his pack and dug around before finding what he was looking for, a dark blue shemagh, a gift from his mother and a old pair of gloves. He stood and felt the material of the shemagh in his hands for a moment before slipping it over his head and tucking the lower portion of it inside the hoodie, he went the the small mirror in the bathroom and pulled the lower half over his mouth and nose and put the hood on the hoodie up and looked at himself while only his eyes peaked back out. He pulled the hood off and pushed the shemagh down, satisfied his face would be hidden he slipped on the gloves to hide the black synthetic material of his left arm before he went to the door of the room and flipped off the light before heading to the meeting area after hearing Javion call them.

As he entered the meeting room he saw that both Syd and Reina were there already as was Javion of course but Bill and Tess were still in their rooms. Otto greeted none of the three in the room with him as he stood across from Javion. Otto's expression was mute, none of the flirty friendliness he had held before survived on his face as he mentally prepared for the operation ahead and the plan forming in his head should anything occur that shouldn't. Deadly focus and calm stilled his mind as he waited for the others to join them.
--------​
Clothing used for inspiration
Second set
Ax
FN45 and suppressor
Shotgun

Zion Bill

It was time. Bill hadn't slept much during the ride. It was hard for him to sleep without gunfire and the sound of whistling shells outside his window. He didn't know why. It was a strange, paradoxical comfort to know there was violence going on outside. It didn't suit him to be somewhere he was totally safe. It was an unnerving feeling. He didn't like it. Bill got to his feet. He put on a white undershirt and a pair of blue jeans, then put on the body armor he'd gotten from the armory. It was pretty simple, like putting on another T-shirt, but it should keep him quite safe. He then put on his striped white flannel shirt, then a denim jacket and a pair of black boots. He grabbed his hat from the nightstand and put it on his head. He placed his small Bible in the breast pocket of his jacket along with a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He put both of his revolvers in their holsters, one on his back, the other on his side, both hidden by his jacket and shirt. He filled his pockets with ammo, then put the rest in a guitar case, in which he also put his rifle. And finally, he stuffed his skull mask into his right boot for easy access. He was ready for action.

He walked into the meeting room, where he was met by Javion, Syd, Reina, and a very somber Otto. He nodded at them all before pouring himself a glass of gin from the bar and lighting a cigarette. One drink before the fight, and one cigarette. The best good luck charm ever, in his experience. While the others stood, Bill casually slid into a seat, kicked his boots up on the table, dropped his guitar case on the ground next to him, and began muttering prayers between sips of gin and puffs of his cigarette. Time to either make some serious cash, or die horribly. Looking around at his comrades, Bill had a feeling everything would turn out alright. At least...not everyone would die, which was success enough in Bill's book. He again prayed to God that his comrades would be protected, that his enemies would find peace in death, and that he himself would show the power of heaven through his actions.​

After an hour or so of studying the road, Tess was satisfied enough to sleep. It was a pretty regular terrain, which would make the job a thousand times easier. Which, in turn, made her sleep pretty well. The bed was comforting, not as much as the ones she had once slept on back at the days of her childhood, but way, way better than what she was used to now. It allowed for easy sleep, and once the alarm biped, signaling it was time, she was almost regretful to roll out of the bed.

Tess didn't have to shuffle around her bag much before she put on grey-ish cargo pants, a plain t-shirt, and gloves, putting the bulletproof vest on top of it and a jacket with a hood on top of everything. Enough cloth that it would keep most, if not all, her identifying features hidden, although she wasn't that worried about being recognized. She shoved as much ammunition as she could in her pockets, before taking her revolver and going out of her room. Tess eyed the door that led to the cargo hold, wondering if she should just wear a mask. It wasn't going to be as fun if everyone wasn't wearing it, though, so she just shrugged after a while and went to the meeting room.

Everyone was there before her, as always, looking somber or serious or as if they were going to the slaughterhouse. Walking in, she practically threw herself in a seat near Bill, smiling.

"Come on, guys, cheer up! We're going to nail this thing, and it'll be over before we know it!" she said, before leaning over and trying to snatch Bill's glass from him to take a sip from whatever he was having.

There was no way of knowing wherever they would come out of this alive, but then, there was no way of knowing they would wake up of that their hearts wouldn't just stop beating because the universe decided so. Tess didn't have any regrets, not really, so it was enough for her.

She knew she had to be careful, but she would be damned if she wasn't going to have fun while doing it.

Javion rolled his eyes at Tess' peppy enthusiastic, "would it pain you to be a little proffesional? I would prefer this job went smoothly thank you." Reina pulled on her poncho and snorted loudly, "like all your ops go smoothly Javion." For a moment Javion's features twisted into an angry snarl, looking almost as if he was ready to hit Reina. But as soon as it appeared, Javion's rage filled face smoothed out into his normal haughty smile. "Before we leave I will go over the plan one last time. First Reina will get in position along with Otto and Tess. Syd and Bill will be at the opposite end of the facility and start the distraction when ready. While they occupy the guards, Otto preps the gate while Tess gets the train ready. Once the train is set to move, Otto blows the gate and hops on the train with Reina and Tess. Syd and Bill will get picked up and the train team disembarks at the drop off point. From there a car will pick them up and we all rendezvous back here." Clapping his hands twice like a teacher would with kindergartners, Javion opened the door on the side of the plane and walked out into the downpour. Briskly walking to an open and waiting elevator, Javion was followed by the lumbering Syd and bored-looking Reina. Once everyone was inside, the elevator rapidly descended to an underground parking garage. Waiting for them were two vehicles. One was a non-descript SUV with tinted windows, while the other was a box truck similar to those used by moving companies. It was obvious which car was for which team, since Syd would probably crush the SUV if he tried to sit in it. The driver's looked like regular citizens, except for the fact that they wore large reflective black sunglasses.

"Alright you all go on, I have my own place to be." A sleek and expensive looking black sedan pulled up and a butler-like driver stepped out and opened the door for Javion. Smiling happily at his deluxe accomodations, Javion got in the sedan and was soon whisked off into the night. "Shotgun." Reina immediately claimed the front passenger seat of the SUV as Syd opened the back of the box truck. With a groan of protesting steel, Syd climbed into the back of the truck, making the vehicle sag noticably.

Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Bill
----
Otto simply nodded to Javion's quick run down of the plan, he also made note of Reina's comment about Javion's operations not always going smoothly and stored it in his mind for later. Otto followed behind Javion, Reina and Syd into the elevator as the rain pelted him which made him glad he was using C4 for this operation as well as waterproof electronics for the detonators. While the elevator descended he pulled out his shotgun from his jacket and loaded a shell, racked the pump then loaded three more and put it back under the jacket. He pulled out his FNX45 and unscrewed the thread protector at the end of the barrel before reaching into the butt pouch and pulling out the suppressor and threading it onto the muzzle of the pistol and sliding it back into his holster as he leaned on the side of the elevator as it made it's way down.

As they exited he paid attention to Javion's own ride and made note that if he ever had to fight the man in hand to hand try and make it in the dirt and mud, as he had the thought he saw and heard Reina claim from seat in the SUV for their team as Syd got into the box truck. Otto shrugged and made his way to the SUV's rear passenger door, before getting in he turned to Bill and gave him a single nod as he slid his way into the interior of the vehicle. He buckled himself in and folded his hands in his lap as he waited for Tess to join them.​

Zion Bill

Bill appreciated Tess's enthusiasm. It was refreshing to see, yet it made him feel a little melancholy. He'd known a feller like her before. Young Ugandan bandit who'd run with him in the past. Enthusiastic, always one for a good joke, a fine feller right up until the moment he got torn to pieces by a stray mortar shell. The good always died young, Bill reckoned that was why he'd lived so long. He was one rotten son of a bitch.

"Reckon we should all be fine," he said to Tess with a small smile, "Let's go on and take care of business." They all entered the elevator and arrived in the parking garage. There was their transport. Couple of shady lookin' fellers were driving them, but they looked like rather inconspicuous vehicles. Syd entered the back of the largest one, and Bill followed him, tipping his hat to Otto and Tess as he moved to the back of the truck.

"Good luck. See y'all soon," he said, offering up another prayer for their safety. He hopped into the back of the truck, lit a cigarette, and nodded at Syd. "Reckon you're ready to bust some skulls, eh big boy? Reckon I am too." He pulled his Bible out of his shirt pocket to read while he waited.​

Tess actually stuck out her tongue and rolled her eyes in the most childish way possible in answer to Javion. Oh, she could be professional. In fact, she was nothing but professional while doing a job - she only didn't bother to look professional. She was sure there was a difference in there somewhere.

"You know what? You're my new favorite, Billy." She said, tapping the other man in the shoulder before hopping on the elevator. Tess pulled her hood up, almost useless protection against the pouring rain, but it was comforting to her, nonetheless. She whistled a song to herself as she looked at the vehicles waiting for them - plain enough, probably not going to attract attention.

Well, Javion's would, of course, but the man wasn't going to go with them, anyway.

"You too. Make some noise and come back in one piece." Tess said in answer to Bill, waiving at him before following Otto inside the SUV.

She preferred to sit in the front, but not enough to actually pick a fight over it. Still, Tess debated with herself for a moment, wondering if she should pull her feet up against the front seat. Eventually, she decided against it - she liked Reina well enough, after all - and instead placed her feet on the space between her and Otto, leaning against the window.

"Ready for the party?" She asked her companions, after managing to buckle up her seatbelt. There was a hint of excitement in her voice that she didn't bother to hide - she was going to drive a train!