goes another. Bayesian,
not quantum. Human,
not god. --

Our choices are all
elemental: push or pull,
the picture completes itself.

Last edited:
The Beacon

There's no such thing as skin-deep. What doesn't make you laugh, what doesn't make you cry,
even for just a moment, even for just this moment,
what only reaches out to you through memory -- doesn't reach out at all.
There are no skeletons in the closet. When Shaw demands you make the family skeleton
dance, he asks you to dance, dance with him perhaps:
the waltz, the tango, the lindy-hop -- you're far too beautiful to leave
just standing there, in that warm light.

I'm tired of trying to peel away
the masks, illusions. If anything, the fact
that you would bare your tiger's skin of cream
should only make your face shine brighter, transform into some sort of
beacon
in this world of shadow, in this age of deception.

The End of the World

there's four breakfasts
painted on this shirt --

you and i we'll live
dull lives

circles of seasons, not wet and dry, alone and quiet and intimate
with you

with nothing new
we'll leave the getting drunk

to other eyes,
we'll leave the drama of getting old

behind,
we'll not write poems, we'll not write songs, we'll not write cycles
to be criticized

out in the country of cider and maple syrup
where i should be -- yellow, not red,
not green, not blue -- where i should be
out in the country of muesli and full cream milk

with you the muse
and sundress homemaker --

my dear, my sweet, my bowl of honey,
you've attracted flies

The End of the World: an unfinished draft of the poem with all unnecessary parts excised.

Not in mere books but in the beating heart
suspended by streets sprawled across a city
growing wider and wider, over lakes and oceans
larger than the moon, hungrier than the stars:

if with his meteorites Pygmalion sculpted
woman, then why not I with words?
She'll have red hair, green eyes -- the old
obsessions -- and the obligatory

milk white skin. Here at the end of the world,
I'm sure I'll not find love. My youth had cursed me:
I scorned the couples around me, then myself
was scorned...

The End of the World

Not in books but in the beating heart
held in a sac suspended by streets spread across a city
growing wider and wider, over lakes and oceans,
bigger than the moon, hungrier than the stars:

if with his meteorites Pygmalion sculpted
woman, then why not I with my words?
She'll have red hair, green eyes -- the old
obsessions -- and the obligatory

milk white skin. Here at the end of the world,
I'm sure I'll not find love. My youth has cursed me:
I scorned the couples around me, then myself
was scorned. O Maud, O Regine, O Matilda!

So I'll transport myself with words:
here at the end of the world, I'll start hearing voices.
I'll join the dead, the mystic Yeats, the angst-ridden Soren,
and Dante with his cap, his wreath, his sneer -- all open-armed.

Last edited:
Hai

five seven five
all good poetry dies
at the final

The seat of my soul lies dead upon the floor
of a bus, its blood streaming past the driver's seat
and out the door. My body is the metal bars
that block the drooping heads of sleepers
from the windows, my mind each empty seat --
The journey's over. All other selves have left. I can't catch up.

Last edited:
Galatea

I can't stare into your smiling face and think
that I should never conjure up a face
as vivid as yours with words alone, or even
stone -- perhaps I need

to ask the Lord for forgiveness,
to feed on the fruit the dove selects,
to learn the vital art of description
and not fall into the old obsessions --

(out of the remnants of shooting stars, Pygmalion
sculpting red hair, green eyes, and the implied)

perhaps, between the two of us,
there is no epic narrative to tell,
only the one decision: for love is a decision
no smiling face can make for the beholder.

Last edited:
Crooked Sonnet

Byzantium, 2016

suppose the party that elected
you to be my love prevail --
suppose the words that i've selected
choose, in turn, to share my tale

with such an immigrant as you,
all sunny smiles and subtle touches
in this country scorning youth --
suppose my cabinet set lunches

with the timocrats of time,
and i accept their dry donations,
prosody and perfect rhyme?
but crooked is this whole construction

bar one thing that's crystal clear:
to love you is the greater fear.

Last edited:
the swallow swallows
bugs -- be a swallow, love,
and i a bug

Even the smiling glance
holds an evil eye --
the wheel of fortune turns
in your heart,

with us prospective lovers
atoms in a river.

Last edited:

Metabolism

I deconstruct the signs you send
and make a marble river with the dust
to crank the wheel of luck
and forge the chains that hold
our love together: your wings and my breath.

Thermogenesis

I'm not your sugar sink --
stop smiling at me, love!
All the words I've got to give
are gone: I've only heat,
and here where sweat's the rule, what use is heat?

Secondary Metabolism

My words are always inessential,
even toxic -- unless my love,
metal dust and golden light
of stars, smiles at them, makes them grow
and bloom eternal.

Last edited:

Xylem and Phloem

As the waters of life are pulled out of the ground
by love of heat and love of light,
your honeyed smiles flow down
like holy scripture to those who pray
deep beneath the ground,
we trolls and dwarfs and worms and hounds.

Last edited:
The archer, not in arrows,
nor sun-and-moon in gyres;
the clock hands, not in circles,
but seconds, like a lyre

you notice when it's playing
for seconds, then you tune
out to the wind come stealing
your breath -- undone.

(DO NOT CRITIQUE)
Stuff from my onsite rag:
6.xii.2013

I just woke up from the first nightmare I've had in about five to eight years. It was terrible, and though I do not remember it vividly I do believe I have enough here to recount the tale.

I begin in our house, or maybe someone else's. It was dark, but dark not because of anything mystical, but because it was night; I could see the faint light of the streetlamps outside stream in small yellow dots through the gaps between the windows' curtains. The floors were made of a jungle wood pattern parquet, of the same pattern as that of our house's. The room had shelves, cabinets, wood, wood pillars, paint; it looked like our house, yet it reminded me more of the dream of the redhead, my most cherished dream. That's something else

I don't think I can continue. I'm just... I don't know.

After that darkness I felt like I was looking for something, a book in a pile of paper trash. A Bible? A copy of Anne?
I was rushing. I needed to find it.
I found it, but couldn't take it.

And he was behind me.
Kafka's metamorphosis.

Next thing I knew, I woke up. "It was only a dream", I thought to myself. Then realizing that the darkness was still there (my tangible room's light was open at the time) I realized I was still in the dream. In retrospect I think the door
And so I awoke. And yet still darkness.
And again.
And again.
Each a memory too, a memory of me waking up from a nightmare. The nightmare of nightmares.
Until at last, the light broke through. But no. I was only screaming, screaming, with my hands flailing unnaturally in front of me. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. Yet where was I getting the air to scream?
I woke up.

Light. My hands were bound by my fear to my sides. My chest was in pain from the heavy breathing. I wasn't screaming, just hyperventilating in my sleep. I was awake, truly awake. I didn't want to fall asleep again, so I moved, sat up. Realized I was trembling. Trembling. Trembling.
First thing I did: remove the memories. I couldn't, of course; I just drowned them out with music. Calming enough, and yet energetic enough to keep me from sleeping. Here's where's Bjork becomes practical. I opened up my copy of Biophilia, put on my earphones, played the first song.
I was still trembling. I went to the computer. Talk to friends. Not awake; of course, it's fucking midnight.
Get the things I was looking for? What was I looking for?
A Bible. Anne. I take them; I placed them under my bed a few hours before sleeping. I pray, and cry, without a sound, without tears.
I go here. I write. Now I shall read.
And hopefully not fall asleep.

25.iii.2014

Though not really a nightmare, this dream is quite important to me atm, considering my current circumstances.

I had a dream. I was in a car. I was sixteen. I was driving the car, and I had not a driver's license. I was nervous; I didn't really know how to drive, and I didn't want to get caught. I wanted a meal. Or maybe my family did; I don't remember. But yes, I was driving the car to get food. Food from a McDonald's.

The car was my mother's, too. I believe we had some sort of fight the afternoon before that sleep, so I'm supposing the car's identity was somewhat linked to that. When I reached the McDonald's, I parked the car, exited the car, then went to the restaurant. The people I passed by were... looking at me.

It was nighttime, and the moon shone brightly.

I entered the McDonald's. Apparently, the people there thought I was 22. When I woke up from that dream, I realized that I was the only one who saw myself as 16; everyone else saw me as a 22-year-old-me.

At the counter was my lady love, or not. I don't really know if she was my lady love, but strong feelings were evoked in me when she told me she loved someone else. Anyway, I saw her as a 16-year-old, but like me, everyone else saw her as a 22-year-old. We talked to each other.

We were surprised to meet each other there. I asked her about her life. She said she was happy. I looked at her, at her belongings, at her surroundings. Her face gave a general look of contentment, but I somehow felt that she was... well, trapped. The part in me which mocked everyone discreetly mocked her as one of the little people.

Then she asked me about mine. I don't know what I answered, but I answered something. My insides, though, felt trapped, and I believe my face showed that then.

Then came her love. He was a man, 22 both in my vision and in others', and he seemed like a loser. He looked like a poor nerd, knowledgeable in many things but unable to apply them to anything. He wasn't fat, though, and he seemed quite creative a thinker. Now she'd described to me the boy before (in real life, that is), and then I didn't imagine him to look like such. Anyway, the part in me which mocked everyone thought he looked like a real hipster-ish, Greenwich-gentrification-agent loser. The rest of me felt... jealous.

She told me he and she were married. He told her he had a gift for her: it was a cheap little date at some cheap little place. She gleefully asked for leave then left. I took my order.

I returned to the car. I opened up the meal and ate it, while watching her and her hubby take off in a delivery bike. I looked jealous, and once again I felt trapped. Then my whole body started feeling like crap: I suddenly found myself fat, aged, and locked in a couch, doing nothing. I felt like nothing. Then I disappeared, and awoke.

10.v.2014

Not a nightmare, but I think I'll start using this title for every dream-entry I make.

Imagine a world where the last 10-15 seasons of the Simpsons never existed. Where Maude's death actually got the treatment it deserved, and Ned never really became the wacky side-show he was in the latter 15 seasons. Well, such a world was where I was transported: it was, what, 20, maybe thirty years after the "regular" timeline of the season? Ned was an old man, and his two sons were no longer the boys they were, with each son having a son and a family of its own. Ned still remained faithful and grateful to his Lord, even though he was lonelier than ever: now his life mostly consisted of prayerful thought, long devotions, glimpses into the realm of the inevitable macabre, and the occasional bout of the funnies.

In one of these gray-days of his, something really weird happens to him: a flash of light blinds him, and he suddenly sees Maude Flanders descend from the heavens, and becoming a proper, living companion for himself. Maude isn't used to being a person again, hence the source of the funnies of this "episode": yet another source is Ned in his immaculate joy that Maude has returned. He asks his Maude about heaven, the afterlife, and all the things one would expect him to ask if he were to die: Maude at first answers with perfect clarity, but soon starts to forget everything she experienced on high, including the reason for why she even came to earth. Ned, however, doesn't seem to see anything wrong with what's going on with Maude's memory, and he just decides to enjoy his remaining time on Earth with Maude.

At one point of the episode, after some minor crisis with Maude that I don't really remember (perhaps Ned notices that no one else is seeing Maude?), Ned decides to consult the local reverend (No longer Lovejoy, who by this episode is dead) about his current predicament: the reverend, instead of giving a straight answer, gives Ned only answers about hope, comfort, and joy. Ned is confused and conflicted: he doesn't know what he's gonna do with Maude after the crisis. However, at one date with his beloved (a private date, too, at the comfort of one of his sons' houses), Maude suddenly becomes all weird, asking Ned weird things about his life on Earth, his current satisfaction, and ultimately his faith's own process and definition. Ned is startled: at first the answers he gives are long, senseless, and confusing; but as the interrogation draws on Ned's answers become clearer, and at the end, when he's asked to define his faith, he gives a solid answer. Suddenly, a flash of light consumes Maude, and she pulls Ned out from his chair, into the grand light of the skies. Some pop song about transcendence to heaven and death plays, and the episode ends. I wake up.

But as I wake up, a little epilogue: a short, rather macabre scene is shown (reminiscent of The Godfather) wherein one of Rod's (or Todd's) sons comes up to his grandfather (who is, at this point, slouching on his chair, eyes closed as if he were asleep) and asks him for something. "Ned" doesn't reply.

23.v.2014

I see a piece of wood floating in front of me, and it is flowing from my pelvis. It is hard, yet it flows like resin; it is sticky, yet it is as dry as the cold rain. I want to kiss it, I need to kiss it, to put it against my lips or the lips of any other, to have it enter and exit and enter and exit like a train on a long journey in the mountains, to make it explode.

My eyes are open now. I see an odd house, stone and brick and wood and steel and glass, covered in the snowy pylons of eternal sunshine spitting lichen bulbs, a house of wonder, of Harry Potter and Jane Austen and all things British, of ivory skin clothed in an ebony raiment, a house of Israel and his God (yet it is a godless house). I knock on its door, I am answered by her mother, her mother kisses me on the cheek, I shake her coldly by the tongue, I greet her with the palms of my vaginas, and she lets me come inside. My intent is blood and milk and wine. She does not see me, and I do not see her.
She is the daughter of chickens and glasses and an odd camping trip. She is a rumor-spreader, a gossipmongerer: she comes in and tells me that there are two pairs of free lips in the house, one of age and one very young (yet only less than a year younger than me), that I if I am dutiful in the hunt may be freed by. She is wearing thick-rimmed glasses and her hair is in a pony-tail, so I know she means well and true, even if she is ugly and unappealing to my enlightened spirit, which seeks the feces in every woman's mouth. She passes through me, then she goes out the window, like a slithering snake, or a ray of light. And yet she walks out the door, and acts like she was a guest, being courteous to the Mother, and thanking her (in a perplexingly un-English voice) for the sconerdoodles (for she was a guest); then she rubs her feet on the little carpet, and walks out the door, offstage-right: the lights are pointed at her, and now to me.
She is Norman Bates's teacher, and she teaches me to follow her daughters, the twin delights of the oak tree. And like the predator that I am, I follow them, and I ride in their car (without a ticket to ride), and I follow them into their new home, and I learn with them, and I learn of them. The older Galatea acts like a true palindrome, as when I tell her of her charms she rebuffs me, and more things happen, all of which are (however funny) alike and unneeded, with everything being, needless to say, a guide to my mind being near-blowing, being frustrated in her efforts to push the ideas of Pushkin and Kirkegaard out of the door. And I return home defeated!

But the snake comes again, and tells me that the older queen is a prude, and that the younger one can make my day. I rub carefully in the morning, and, following her to her room, I attempt to tempt her into opening her honey-jar, her honeyed car, the life vest to sanctity as defined by Mother Theresa. She rebuffs me: and I am scared because they say she is sick, that she is the Mother of the Red Babylonkinder, that she could very well be a host to those odd yellow pustules that develop on your chest when you are locked in a bad neighborhood in New York. She reeks of reek and muck, of dreams both broken and reached, of that odd tree which I have been looking for for so long (that tree with a pineal bark), of that glass of champagne called Lysurgic Acid: she is filled with stress, she is a kindred spirit? She opens up her breasts, she doesn't talk, yet she talks and teases me: I am no longer with the redhead now.
I am no longer with my red-haired lover now, but she is not dead. Just... dreaming. But I cannot dream with her anymore?
I tease her back, then I seduce her as she seduces me. I open my fly, I put them into her lips, she kisses and sucks as I thrust and blow, yet that is when I am awake, as the inevitable sex scene in Interior: E.F.'s room ends up being in a missing reel, in a reel rotted over or dissolved or stolen by my prudent, prudent, fucking prudent mind. Prudent mind. I miss her.

I do not know what she means, nor why Maleficent's prey was even there. Was it something being transmitted to me by God and the astral world? A channel between me and Missde? I do not know, I want to know, I was not thinking of her weeks and so on before the dream, why, why, why? What is wrong with me, what is right with me, what is right with her and with the world, what is wrong with you, kiss me and finish me!? I sigh, then I collapse in sour slumber.

23.v.2014

Like butter!

Anyways, here is the straightforward description of the dream (by the way, this was a dream I had last Monday, on the night right after a two day camping trip I was in with a few friends):

I feel a little tingling on my groin. I feel, though still deep in the heartland of sleep, my sausage cook into stone (that's not straightforward, but I think the metaphor is obvious). I then explode into darkness (literally) and wake up outside a house that looks like one of those small English apartments.
I knock on the door, and the house's keeper lets me in. She's the mother of the two girls I was apparently visiting. Inside is a camping buddy of mine, who tells me that I can seduce anyone of the girls without much rancor. Then this buddy of mine, apparently a guest to the house, leaves, but not before telling me that the younger of the two girls is more promiscuous than the older one.
Both girls go to school. I follow them. Apparently, I go to the same school as them. (Note that the older girl is much older than me, possibly in her twenties? and that the younger girl is only one year younger than me, so this isn't at all a pedophilic thing) A bunch of sexually frustrating things happen, and I fail to seduce the older girl. The three of us go back to their home.
The mother, oddly enough, encourages me to continue my seduction, reminding me of the younger one's promiscuity. I am scared of seducing the one closer to my age, though, as she may be so promiscuous as to be diseased. Apparently, she also uses drugs, but I think that detail's part of my current fantasy to try out Dimethyltryptamine (just a fantasy, though, done nothing illegal yet).
But I am dicktated by my masculinity to go to her, so I do so: I knock on her room upstairs, and she lets me in. Now this is the really weird part: by this point, I've only noticed the faces of my camping buddy and the mother (I remember her to literally look like Norman Bates's teacher in season 1 of Bates Motel, whatshername). It's weird because at this point I see her face, and realize that these two girls were, eherm, well if you're reading this just ask me about it later. They're rather popular, though, and there are a few hints to their identity in the original post.
She seems sick. At the time, I am sick, so we feel a certain kinship at once: this sickness, by the way, is both physical (allergies, and I've still got it today. As for her illness, I think she looked rather, I dunno, sleep deprived and crashed-from-one-hell-of-a high) and psychological (stress about our futures: she's not sure if she's happy with her current career, I'm not sure if I'm going with the career I'm going to college for). But we ignore each other's diseases and get straight on to my point. I try to seduce her, I fail, she teases me, and I count my seduction as a success. I go to her, she lies down, she unbuttons her shirt, I open up my pants, I reveal to her my unusually large trunk, and

The dream fades to black. EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT IN MY PART. And also extreme puzzlement. Why this dream? Why her? And most importantly, why her? I wasn't even thinking of her, or anything related to her, at the time... Why the fuck would I nigh-wet dream of her?

27.vi.2014

Because, dammit, I forgot number 6.

Number 5: I am a nearly naked character from a television series, walking around a nuclear power plant, questioning whether I want to continue my life as a working mother or to start a new one as my true passion, a full-on artist. I see her, who oddly enough is in the form of Jennifer Lawrence dressed up in something that reminds me of Russia (although, oddly enough, she is also, in a sense, near-naked), and she looks at me. The dream morphs into number 6.

Number 6: Expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive

Number 7: I am now myself again, and I am living in some sort of dormitory in Brazil. Apparently, I have been in contact with the red-haired woman for a long time, and I have been for quite some time musing to my friends as to how deep our relationship is, and as to how we plan on meeting later. To the meeting, we (by either chance, malice, or mere folly) drag our friends along, and it is in a place I was once familiar with but is now lost to me. There, she moves onto a podium, and we see each other: she looks, to me, quite....inadequate, and I dismiss my romantic notions upon her immediately. But she beats me to the action, and in fact publishes her imediate dislike of my face to the world; I am at first quite shock, then in the end a mixture of anger, humility, romance, and utter embarrassment fill me, which I am not able to really let roam due to the dream's end.

I treat number 7 as either the immediate prelude to or another interpretation of my dream of the red-haired woman, a dream somewhat described in my poem "A Trip in your Library", found in my poetry thread in this very forum. I have (rather incompletely, though, especially because of number 6's disappearance) interpreted these dreams already, although my interpretation may somewhat affect yours in a negative way, so I shall not disclose it; and I consider these dreams as prophecy.

7.ix.2014

I dreamed of her again. I dreamed of her and another woman. The other woman I took out to some sort of date. Nothing happened. She was in white and blue.

Her, I took to the same kind of adventure, though we journeyed more thrillingly. First we ate at a small cafe, filled with Rorshachian art and doozying architecture. Then we journeyed through the evening streets of the city, passing by streets filled with menacing villains and the churches of high-heretics. Eventually, we ended up at Disneyland in a stormy midnight, wherein we managed to bribe a few guards into allowing us passage and enjoyment in the dark. It was all evening. She was in yellow again.

Then I dreamed of an odd convent, wherein I was greeted by three crones, familiar faces seeking to croon a nearby faceless man.

And finally, I dreamed of myself, eating and eating until my mouth was stuffed with rotten horror.

11.ix.2014

The dream begins to fade. The orbs of seawater locked at the corner of my eyes try to revive it, to bring it to life once more, at least for this final recollection.

I see her again, and I weep, for I can feel how distant the two of us have been parted. As she is a woman east of the Atlantic, I am a man of modern America; yet we are both in the same continent, same province, same city, house, chamber, in fact. She is the host to a gathering of the parliament she is a part of, and I am one of her guests.

I am rifled with a machine gun cartridge's worth of questions, and, in an effort to impress her innate Francophile, I respond in French. By the hand of some divine power, my faculties in the language seem expanded into perfection, and all my answers are found worthy. Two glints of her silver soul shine from the edges of her eyes, and, catching them, my vision clouds the party with an azure blanket.

I find myself in blue enchantment, as the said glints slowly consume the entirety of my sight; she approaches me, and soon our whole selves face each other. I can feel her hands cut through the cold air separating the two of us, and gently caress my own. Passion erupts into a frenzied tirade of confessions and condemnations.

I remember asking her, with a rhythm that beat with the heart of the speaker, a multitude of whys. "Why did you leave me behind? Why could you not see...? Why did you give yourself away?" My song was loud, but the way by which it rushed out of my throat was clear in its wholehearted love.

She, however, shrank and shrank away, until the chamber was blackened, and I was left alone. My voice grew into a whisper, as I realized the effect of my failed temper. Oh, if only this boldness was a boldness I had achieved earlier, when the moonlight was clear, when the breezes were free, and when the evening was filled with joy! If only I had touched her, let the electricity flow from my veins into hers, and showed her my truth, then she would have seen what I meant, and, perhaps, have been enlightened! The mind thus wandered: but what if, even without this 'enlightenment', the truth of her matter was that she did not burn as I did? Then, thought I to myself, she would have taken ill to my action, my purpose - alas, what if my secrecy had not been as complete as I had perceived it to be, and she did know my intent, and chose to withdraw herself only to break my heart without lifting a finger?

Ah, but I returned to my point - still was I a coward, still did I not do what I could have done, still did I not take the chance, the opportunity perhaps provided me by Providence! I stirred, an entrapped beast caught in the desperation of survival, until the light of the dawn broke into my countenance, and I was awakened. The dream was over.

Still, my mind pondered - what romance I have lost, I have lost by my own hand. But then, other issues arose, those of prudence, of responsibility, of the patience so sorely needed by the fellows of my generation; ah, but my meditations were not parts of my nocturnal fantasy, and this tale comes to a close.

The dream has truly faded. But the wispy crooks rolling down my cheeks are tears of joy, as the vision is set in stone.

14.ix.2014

Deep in the heart of the night, the carnival of madness rises, gathering information from the farthest of sources to promote 'security' in our realm. I am one of them, the paper-workers, the net-holder, the spies; and in one of our occasions, news of a supposedly impending villainous attack eats at my confidence. I gather the tools to assuage my fear, by fully figuring out the extent of the possible damage, and discovering whether or not the attack is arriving at all: in my pack, I remember, rests paper, writing materials, a few good books, and, most importantly, a map.

I conspire with no one, but many a man, most of whom are friends both long, long gone, or oh so very close yet never actually met, discover my purpose. They all provide their support, while at the same time providing me with a few clues as to both my purposes. I learn (or re-learn) about a massive bunker just below the carnival, in which all the major operations are committed - and, with a fear I couldn't really understand, I decided to hunt down one of the passageways to this bunker, and see if it is in any real danger.

The location of the one gate I find, out of three, is rather strange: a bank full of people. To open the gate therein, said a nearby clerk, I had to drive most of the people out, darken the room, close the shades, then pull something to fully sail downward. Somehow, the same scene reminds me of an earlier dream I had, wherein I was running away in some parking lot.

I do not succeed in the first requirement, but the clerk, reiterating that the people within need only forget, decides to allow me passage anyway. No one notices, though I sense from afar not brooding eyes but sinister hands preparing for an assault.

Down into the earth I go, and as the opening half of the Le Marseillaise plays as the chamber's muzak, I realize that the impossible girth, depth, construction, and secrecy of the passageway renders it impossible to break. When I reach the bottom, a large dome-like environment filled with pastoral life (quite literally, as the area is covered in woods, and from afar I see and hear some people playing with horses), a few of my friends approach me, telling me that the attacks, though they still commenced, were absolutely unsuccessful in their purpose. My fears assuaged, I decided to tie up my shoes, then run up to the horses to play with them. But my laces seemed stuck, and a nearby foal seemed keen in laughing at my failures.

I thought that you would love this new-found home.

Another dream is somehow simpler: by some circumstance, I went swimming in the sea. When I got out, I needed a bath, so I went to the family trailer (which seemed much bigger on the inside, and had, in certain areas, multiple open roofs), opened up a tub, and washed the sea away. Somehow, earlier dreams of the sea fit into the mess, as I realized that the beach I rested in was the very same beach in earlier nachtmahrs. My father told me to hasten, as he wanted to do something more active - the rest of the family, noting that without rest, no one could really find enjoyment, did not stir.

2.x.2014

Do not forsake me, oh my darling...

She is someone I know, and that I have seen on the television. I--I too seem to have changed, though I cannot tell as to whom.

I am in a western. I am a smooth rider, with a gun and a blade and a pack and some gum and a horse. I join a posse of bandits, and after killing a few folks in our way (including some of our own), we decide to gather up cacti. In one of our cactus-runs, I run away; I get shot at, but ultimately, I escape unharmed.

I go to a farm. She is there. I work for her for a long while. Then I propose marriage to her with a plate of metal (which I announce as her ring, once cast by a skilled enough smith). She accepts. On the day of our wedding, as I walk into the chapel, and, oddly enough, she waits for me on the other end, I wake up. Longing now fills my heart, as I wish to return to her arms, and give her peace...

I can see her eyes. They are green. She is waiting for me.

26.iii.2016

Dreamed I was emotionally/socially naked in school (related to a problem I will not tell), then got whisked away to a weird mall.

Second one, started out somewhat same, then I was further whisked away to an Orthodox psychiatrist, whose room was filled with icons (half Orthodox, half the same as my actual psychiatrist's room). He directed me to his assistant, told me he had something urgent to do with me, some discussion to be made somewhere else, and he left, I followed, got lost in the hospital-turned-labyrinth-turned-university-halls, got outside to a strange all-wet mid-air walkway in the middle of the campus, started walking down, never saw him or his car again. When I reached the ground, I was again whisked away, this time into the university halls proper, where a bunch of my Evangelical peeps were discussing the nature of Christian Peace: various answers, all of which left me dissatisfied, as they felt like they made God's kingdom a wholly material one, or they felt simply disconnected with reality (or perhaps my intellectual reality, as some of them were decidedly kinder or more experienced than me) -- I couldn't reply til' I woke up, bladder and colon all full. My reply went something like "Christian Peace is enduring what God sends you, whether good or bad, without regretting the past or anticipating the present, and always with remaining in faithful communion with God" -- and I realized it's been a week since I last continued my (self-imposed, since I haven't a guide in the Orthodoxy yet) prayer rule, and I started crying inside, while somewhat madly and half-consciously reciting the Jesus Prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy on me, a sinner". Then I stood up to pee, slept again later -- done.

Dear M
I sit next to you in class (sorry for the noise). I think you're cute in that morning light, and you seem like a good writer. Your sketches are good, too, and the air of nonchalance around you is pretty sweet. I like you, and I want to get to know you better (plus there's this thing I'm working on you might be able to help with). May we meet up tomorrow, at --, maybe have some lunch and get to know each other and watch Mad Max or something?
J

--

About four years ago (and this time, it really is four years ago), the vault opened, and I dreamed. I dreamed I was in this vast, Baroque, badly-lit library, with a lovely red carpet for a floor, and a well framed set of eggshell-white and ruddy-brown panels for a roof. All of the books were old and covered in dust, and most of them were printed in texts I couldn't understand (one of them, though, had the letter Я on its spine) -- I remember looking for a book, though for what cause, I did not know.

Then, out of the darkness, this doorway opened up to my left -- unlike the rest of the library, it seemed to be lit brightly from a light source on the floor, and the floor wasn't so carpeted. Curious, I entered the room, and saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my entire life, reclining on an ancient, Grecian chaise longue, with her two green (or blue, or grey -- but I remember green) eyes locked at me, her two sweet lips smirking, and her hot head of red (dark, auburn red -- she might actually have been a brunette, though, since the light was orange) hair dancing wildly down her back and shoulders. I remember talking to her for a long while, playing verbally with her -- I remember her sweet red dress, I remember my awkward trench coat -- I remember her sitting up, her giving me the deep, intense gist of something -- I remember loving her, right at that moment, as I have never loved anyone yet.

I remember there were many other interesting things in that room: another old, Grecian vase, an oaken desk, a marble bust of some long dead Greek guy, silver and bronze implements of whatever, more books, maybe a globe, a telescope, and a bunch of other knick knacks and paintings -- it was an office, and a very sweet one, very Victorian; it all felt very familiar. And I remember there was a hearth to her right, framed with a large, stone mantle. I remember large glass windows framed by thin boxes of rusting steel above the shelves, on the highest point of the walls below the cornices -- it was night then, until it wasn't night, and my physical body finally sensed that it was the morning. I didn't want to go, but I was woken up anyway, as a great flame consumed everything -- and I remember she was telling me something, and I really, really didn't want her to go, but she did anyway, as did the rest of the library, and I never found the book, and I slowly, very very slowly, woke up, believing it was all a dream.

Until I let it fester in my head, and I realized that her face, her face I remember never having seen before (or, perhaps, since), and I started thinking, believing, remembering that it wasn't just a dream -- that it was a gift from the vault, a revelation, perhaps, or an epiphany or a prophecy, a connection -- a call to adventure, like the one Kamar-al-Zaman received from the efreet in Arabian Nights -- and then that is all. I never found her, and though I have had many opportunities to look for her, I don't think finding a literal dream-woman is a reasonable thing to do in today's reasonable world. So, I waste away now, filled with a supernatural longing only the supernatural can satisfy, and that is all.

--

I guess Vulnicura counts as the pained wailing of a mourning mother (Bjork is almost fifty years old, and already has two children), though in this case Bjork lost a love rather than a child (*knocks on wood*). Still, she manages to project the same amount of pain and passion throughout the album: something that I have never heard from her before, barring Selmasongs. But unlike Selmasongs, the ideas behind Vulnicura were not directed mostly by someone else, and the heartbreak the former expressed was more a world-weary sort of cynicism that Bjork, at least from what I understand of her, has never truly felt, whereas here, her heartbreak is, though perhaps not something as holistic, definitely as affecting to her as the joy or sense of adventure she projected in all her other past albums post-Post, being one about the breaking from a love she, on Vespertine, and specifically on the song Pagan Poetry, somehow compared to the immortal epiphany of a religious celebration climaxing (that's a bit of a joke, if you've watched the uncensored version of the music video). Thus, I suppose Vulnicura is more fulfilled--and to someone who's never been on the brink of some terminal disease while losing all of his friends and struggling to give his children a good future (not that I have any children), more relatable.

In fact, perhaps a bit too relatable? As in, the sadness she echoes in this album is so deep, that even in my current mood, I am moved to shed a tear or so (but since I'm studying Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy in our living room right now, I can only do so internally). This is probably an album I, and any other saps out there who likes Bjork's music but hate being, well, saps, will only listen too occasionally: it's too dangerous to be easy listening (just as To The Moon is, for me, and for 99% of its players, regular, sappy, or whatever, too dangerous to be replayed more regularly than, oh, per annum). Of note with regards to this painfully depressive aspect of the music is the track Notget, which I remember some other review out there has said to be the most inaccessible track; in a way, that's right, since the track, with its very experimental sound and its rather jarring play with rhythm, is definitely never going to receive any radio play, private or otherwise, however, the fact that it's so alien to common ears makes it perfectly absolute in conveying the sense of discord it's trying to get at, like how the utter strangeness of Ligeti's Requiem gets at the sort of horror the words "Day of wrath and doom impending" are supposed to convey.

But just because, for the most part, it's just gonna gather a lot of dust in my (virtual) record shelf, does not mean it's a failure. This, obviously, is not an album meant to satisfy what this other publication I read but forgot the name of said of pop music, to (and I paraphrase) fill in the aural gaps of everyday life, either through our phones, or through those little strings of flesh in our throats; instead, this is pure, confessional art-music, produced through the same eclectic mix of classical elements and pop sensibilities as Bjork has used in making all her other music post-Post, meant instead to press pure passion into the everyday mess of our lives, or to just relieve the struggling auteur of her own woes in the clearest and most beautiful way possible. And in these ventures, Vulnicura succeeds--and besides, Bjork doesn't really need that other sort of success anymore, anyway.

Moving on--sadness, however, is not all Vulnicura is about. Yes, it's mostly about absolute total heart failure, but once you move on from Notget, the brighter, more sweeping sounds of her earlier albums (specifically, for me, Homogenic, or maybe the more epic sounds of Vespertine, like in the song Unison), begins taking over, climaxing in the string and voice soaked triumph of realization that is Mouth Mantra, and ultimately coagulating, like the blood in a wound taking its first steps to recovery (although at this point, she has already somehow healed over), in the more beat-driven song Quicksand. Perhaps this album isn't gonna be as shelved as I'd thought it would be--the message of hope, the (again, quoting the other review I referred to before, which I just remembered, and will reveal at the end of this one) light at the end of this emotional tunnel, is definitely a grand and uplifting feeling that's worth all of the dissonant expressions of heartbreak. Or, well, fast forward.

And in the end, it's simply a strong piece of music. The emotional gravity it projects has real depth, and the whole album possesses the same sort of soul that I've never really heard from her since Vespertine (or maybe even Homogenic, since Vespertine does have a tendency to die down a bit after Pagan Poetry), while still evoking, with its journey through the first vibrations of separation down to the final, though perhaps somewhat pyrrhic, Triumph of the Heart, that same sort of synesthetic wonder that shines from her last album, Biophilia. A very, very, very good listen, if not an everyday one.

The reviews I referred to up there are all from The Guardian. Links:
Björk – Vulnicura first-listen review: the inky, jet-black flipside to Vespertine
http://www.theguardian.com/music/au...en-echo-review-a-masterclass-in-sheer-pop-joy
And, if you can, buy Vulnicura now, and eat your heart out with it!

a kanye west narrative unfurled. in the house of bacchus, ilya awoke, told his tale to the nearest lamp -- a woman out of the water, a beast chained to a feast, a great white eagle, and last, a woman cloaked in fire. the lamp flickered.

the boy pulled himself up -- no, something pushed him. a kanye west narrative unfurled. his hair was curly and his skin was dark; his eyes were blue, the only things his mother left him. his father, meanwhile, left him everything, even a guardian, whom he did not know was waiting outside, anxious. ilya had been dead for four hours.

first, the woman out of the water. it was anya, right? yet the woman seemed so old, and anya was as young as him. besides, with the woman he had dreams -- dreams within dreams -- that he should tame her, chain her, then love her on the very bed he was stepping out of. whose bed was it? not the bed of his home, that was for sure -- it was both too soft and too bare.

how could a bare bed be soft? the lamp answered: if it were stuffed with air.

the second vision was a beast: a great orange cat, with black stripes running vertical about its body. he had heard of such a beast before, though he could not name it -- it came from the east, they said, beyond the Tigris, the Euphrates. from India? from Sina? he'd call it Oriental, then. and about its neck was a silver collar, firmly bound by steel chain to the nearby marble mantle.

the beast leaped at him with claws extended. one, two, three, four -- he could swear it was no mere speck of sand or blade of rock or even landing of bug that had left ten scars about his body. scars that were now gone, he felt -- along with his clothes.

somehow he felt ashamed. the lamp, he was sure, was watching, and his member was stiffening at the thought of what happened next.

his member stiffened as the beast leaped for the fifth, sixth, seventh. his hands were filled with pomegranate seeds, and his feet were crushing grapes. his eyes were bloodshot -- the irises were turned amber, the color of his heart. that his heart was not white hot then filled him with guilt.

at the tenth claw came release. blood flowed all over. the tiger was tamed, and it was time for him to move on -- only not quite. a part of him would always remain in that bacchanalian underworld, a part that would at times comfort him, at times haunt him -- in the vision, it was his toe. his eleventh digit.

the chamber was dark, empty. here, he knew, God resided. God's bird, the eagle, came to greet him. its claws were sharp, but the ecstasies of the previous chamber had overwhelmed him. his was no path to sainthood.

but to a saint? the question lingered in his mind, as he walked across the room. gone, too, was the pain in his gut that had led him to this place -- what was this place? as he opened the door, he did not find the two mortals waiting for him. instead, it was a stranger, a bearded man with perfect skin and a member equally erect. the master, ilya dreamed.

-- not the master, the figure spoke, just the host. come, boy, and calm your love: i am in no mood for a muse, and even so, i am a more faithful husband than my father. you may stroke my beard, but only if it is on my head, not around. tell me: did you find me, in the dark place?

-- i did not find anyone but myself, ilya uttered, involuntary. no, he thought, i found the other, he thought, she was another, he thought. and i have to find her.

the figure smiled. so your he is a she?

the fourth vision. leaving a labyrinthine library, ilya stumbled into a study -- strangely, the study of a girl. she was a girl: ilya was sure of it. her legs were thin, her breasts were small, and her face was pure. but, most importantly, she was clothed, and at that moment, when ilya caught a glimpse of his toes, he caught a glimpse of his robes, too -- fine silk. she was, meanwhile, in plain wool, although dyed kermes, unlike his monk's white. she asked him: how? and ilya replied. his words bounced off her eyes, green as spring. and from then on, he would want her, more than he wanted everyone else he could reach.

-- god, no. she is one of me.

-- then you'll must return to her! bacchus laughed. what a myth you'll make.

---

ONE: you begin your journey with all four elements on your table. remember that the elements are in progression: first earth, then water, then wind, then fire. first, the earth which bears the coin; then, the waters held in the cup; then, the wind cut by the sword; last, the flame upon the torch. and, if you are unlucky, a return to earth. all creation is in your hands; young one, learn how to use it.

ilya is unlucky.

TWO: she approaches you. all four of her parts correspond: her mind is air, her body gold, her heart a cup, her soul a flaming brand. if only you could touch her soul! perhaps if you learned music -- perhaps if you cast away the part of your identity that was your father's, the hunter or the warrior or even the warrior, perhaps then you'd learn how to rise to her level. and then she'd cut you down with her axe, the most feminine of weapons.

anya dedicates herself to war; she remains a virgin.

THREE: you have found a far greater power in music. with your song, the words on your mouth and the melody from your throat, you shall change the world, you are sure of it. yes, she will help you cultivate the voice, the art -- you made the right choice, rejecting the muses of old. forget also the religion of your mother; what she calls sin, you shall discover to be your light.

but marjatta the singer does not want ilya; she finds his songs too harsh, his culture too brutish. she speaks, after all, langue d'oil, much more fluid than his occitan.

FOUR: no, no, you have rejected that road, rejected it wholly. you do not need to know what should happen to it ---

anya leaves her company of virgins to pledge her service to a higher call, and she considers the luminous feeling she stops dead in her throat to be a higher call. yes, this is love -- tristram is too pure, too close to her heart, to be lusted after. what she doesn't realize is how all those tales of virgin martyrs predicated on lust: God's innocence cannot save from Eve's evil. something else must haul through air ---

FIVE: and so it is written, that the world shall end with fire. as if that first song you sung together was no hint -- her obsession with death and resurrection seems a little too on the nose, when tied to that episode with bacchus. the question now is which one is theseus, which one is pirithous: which one should be left upon the stone of death by these damn saracens, and which one should return, live, even lead....

the irony is neither of you does. marjatta joins you on the road, even learns to love you. but what love you had for her is gone now, eradicated fourfold: first the passage of anya, then marjatta's first rejection of you, then your rejection of the court, and now the death of that other agent you were with when you met bacchus, that far more crucial one -- your own emperor. too bad you don't even meet turnus the hunter, the last time he faces your father.

you'd think anya was somehow luckier, wouldn't you? she never really loved tristram, and right before the battle, it was revealed that tristram was no purer than his father or his brother, so his death was really of no consequence. but the real death there was not tristram, but the whole idea behind her love of him: that his art, the art of war, was a noble one. at least your father never got to see war, the plague thought him too noble; but when she finally meets her mother, ah, then she should be sorely, sorely disappointed.

[And attached is a copy of "Behemoth", an attempt at a sequel to "The Mortal God"]

I'm probably not gonna preserve rp records, but then I'm not even sure my partners still care -- I know I don't. A few of the remaining entries, however, I will be posting in a different section of the site, since I think they might be of a certain use.

Attachments

• Behemoth, 1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
And a modern "sequel" to my old dream journal:

Dreams: 30.viii.2017

Termite queen hanging on to throat's bell. Mouth ajar, shoot out swarms of wingless termites.

Brown owl at our doorstep. Caress wings, pat head -- grab by legs, stretch out wings, attempt to embrace, bring to IB, replace mysterious scops owl.

Dreams: 9.viiii.2017

When we do art,
when you sing and I write,
we go down beaches, we swim down seas,
we climb up trees, we breathe in cool mountain air
flowing down mossy slopes.

Oh, it's been a long time
since we were last together,
it's been a long time
since I tore us two apart.
We were children, then,
as all my loves existed
when I was still a child.

I loved you for your voice.
Have you lost it? I haven't heard you sing
in quite a while. I've seen your life:
in the pictures, at work
while I'm still here in school.
I still do my art -- I'm much better at it now.

When the war comes, they'll censor my art
and they'll censor your work. Instead of a call center agent
you'll transform into a nurse. You'll nurse broken hearts,
and in the evenings falsely accused insurgents.
They'll track you down, try to arrest you -- the Nazis.

You'll give me your books: instruction manuals,
propaganda tracts. I'm quite content with my work,
now, art is not necessary for life,
but when you kiss me, when you slip your tongue into my mouth,
I feel alive again, I go down beaches, I swim down seas --
the war slips away and I climb up a tree
with a blanket covering my body
to hide from the gestapo.

They've captured you. Somehow, when I drop down
sunsets after they've given up
then walk up to the store where we first met
as adults, not as children
or strangers coming out of a play
still figuring stuff out,

you're there, you're in the past
treating a wounded Jew -- but I can't say that.
You've slipped your tongue into my mouth.

Dreams: 10.viiii.2017

We sail up to a colorful island
made holy by the spiritual community
that's shacked up near the shore.
A village sprawls around the monastery.
Its people come to greet us:

blondes and brunettes, terms I would not otherwise use
out here where the sun is hot, the palms grow tall, the rains fall frequent.
A child's our chief host, though she does not yet speak.
Next to her is one of the friars.

He gives us our keys. He tells us the rules.
Says we can ask for help anytime.
The briefing finishes next to the colorful mural
adorning the wall of our residence.

It's nighttime. We just finished eating --
a feast too magnificent, perhaps, for a family of four.
Parents tell me to go to the friars, ask for their help in cleaning up.
The streets are dark -- few lights are on,
but for the occasional house light, and for the candles
of the people going about their business -- their rhythm feels familiar.
Why are they going about in nine o'clock? We didn't know a feast was going to happen....

They start staring at me the closer I am to the monastery. I try knocking, opening the door -- the monastery turns into a shut well, its opening closed by a slanted wooden plank. One of the residents helps me open it, but then says that I'm only allowed through the guest entrance, the monks are all busy with prayers. I shut the plank, then as the people surround me, the blonde-haired child leading the way, I begin to walk quicker, quicker, quicker to our residence. I try to open the gate, but I'm too slow. They're right behind me now. I try to open the door, but I'm too slow. They walk back, and a silent hum begins to feel the air. I try to lock the door, but it can't be locked.

I suddenly remember the sins I committed that morning, and how my heart was far from contrite. The friars, God's servants, though not from the church I wish to join, were still Holy enough to shun me, even to shun us -- my sin was lust, my family's sin, perhaps, was being so entrenchedly middle class. The community around them were devils, like the town in the Wicker Man: they want me to roast. I know they do. They don't do anything violent, but my family's already absent, their presence barely registers in the old, familiar room ----------

Dreams: sometime last week

With Kevin walking down somewhere -- alley of trees between Camia and AS, perhaps, or the short road out of CS complex. Birdwatching. First bird, now I forget. Second bird an unusually large colasisi. Third bird big, blue vent with red stripes, unusual, perhaps missing chest, wings, head -- fragmentary memory, in visual style reminding me of Okami.

Dreams: 17.viiii.2017

After a cloudy yellow sunset,
the clouds have retreated -- day breaks.
The sky's a rainbow, pastel
blue and pink and gold
sprinkled with white stars,
with two little silver plates
for moons, and a red sun
always setting yet never hiding.
God must have spilled his box of paints today,
I think, fooled by the dream into believing
the end of the world is nigh: the yellow sunset
a supervolcano or an atom bomb.
A comet flashes -- long, cloudy streak of milk
glistening in the soft light,
quickly disappearing, memory of death.
Here on the roof of our house
I lie alone -- I think I see your face
congealing in the clouds -- and I wake up
only to fall asleep again.

Dreams: a few days ago

Turns out I am that kind of man --
rather, that I'm still a boy.
In reality, too long ago betrayed,
now there is peace, now there is an offer
for a grant: he is up against me,
I have access to his files.
At first I think to sabotage his
would be evil, then I remember
vengeance, then I remember
the danger of being caught, the danger of being caught
without anything worthy to present, the danger of being caught
not by God, who in this dream does not exist, but by the devil
that is him, that is the root of all my anger, of all my distrust,
he spilled my blood upon the holy book -- I remember vengeance
and my hand draws back, and the morning comes,
and I do not have time to weep
for there is work to be done
and truly, I am still a boy
rather than a man
whose morals are never out of his hands.

Dreams: 3.x.2017

Because I dreamed of something far more beautiful
than all that I have dreamed before -- because the mirror
this time had focused on the flaws
which I could spin as charming (or perhaps
because I'd settled down with this flawed vision
of myself) I choose to record
this vision without impunity. I was in the backseat,
practically on the floor, practically wallowing,
while you were in front, talking to a partner of mine
whom I had long ago or quite recently failed. You were discussing
something about love, something about virtue,
something about working hard for love, something about
the virtue of hard work, when the light
that shone through your hair
made it look red, and we drove past the mall.
I asked: you have eight siblings? as the talk
reached into such territory. You tepidly replied,
and I imagined wooing the sibling closest in youth and beauty to you,
but perhaps lazier, perhaps less careful about her choices --
metaphor: I was a caged beast
about to be skinned, stuffed, and mounted
but your beast, at least.

Dreams: 4.x.2017

What makes this dream so different from the others is it feels so vivid, so real, that waking up I feel like it never truly ended. We start sitting down, as I began my evening's sleep sitting down, but at a point of a heptagram: six others are before me, seated, one face I remember being Jason's, the other I barely remember being Julienne's. Breathing exercises -- getting out thoughts united, sometimes I lead, sometimes I am led -- sensuality without sin. At some point we all fall asleep together, darkness or purest light clouding the dream, then we awaken. Our circle formed in the hybrid world of QCSHS-UP Diliman. We scatter, each one of us enjoying some newfound freedom: I, it seems have just remembered how to modulate the breathing just enough that I may fly, letting the negative pressure within become some form of divinely positive pressure. I fly around the campus, over arboretums, students' halls, warzones -- I find, in one of these courses, my godmother waiting for me, half watching me, somewhat threatening to call my parents on my pagano-Buddhist measures. How can I tell her I am, in fact, still very much a Christian, still very much enjoying the pure light of our Lord Jesus Christ, without interrupting my breathing? I slowly descend. I ascend again, once I meet up with the circle. Behind the shadowed garden, beyond the Potemkin steps of Palma hall (or perhaps of the library). Again, the seven of us breathe, again, the seven of us levitate, fly, our goal revealed to be to reach the light of heaven: and I wake up, halfway there, with the breath of light still within me. My first words, as I enter the shower, are to my father -- my first conscious sensations, of resting my feet on the floor, of feeling the cool dissipate, of feeling the heat of the morning shower burn away all sin. Alleluia.

Dreams: 5.x.2017

Airplane hitting a tower crashing ash all over
down in the garden, crashing ash all over

Dreams: 7.x.2017

My biggest regret,
if you strip away the budding
ubermensch within me,
is not knowing where I came from,
not knowing what I was,
not knowing where I was going.

Chromatograph
of a sample
kept in an open
beaker, pigments
scattered on
the lip ---

the stirrer's in the old house. As me and my father,
who with my mother did not want to reopen the door,
unlock the garage, the old house transforms
into the new before renovations: the stirrer is there,
on the table, gathering dust -- the experiment proceeds,
soxhlet funnel, friends
from a different, younger era --

my biggest regret,
if you strip away
the budding
flower within me,
is not appreciating beauty
when I had it, not declaring
love for my old friend
M--- when we were friends,
not asking her father
as I did in the dream

Dreams: 18.x.2017

Night of the wild
wasted on love and hate,
on regret, the mortal sins --

so much snot
spilling out my nose,
white kerchief
spent green

the white pill
as large as a plate
cleft in twain,
half a crescent, half
a half-moon, dissolving
into dust -- wrong pill,
don't take it

so much snot
spilling out my nose,
white kerchief
spent green, spent yellow

Dreams: 20.x.2017

homecoming in the house of mom's parents, cousin from dad's line who joined the navy. cereal depleted by Ethan, Tita Eden. T. E. asks that next time, cereal not contain almonds -- later I eat, notice most of the time cornflakes missing, neither oats nor almonds touched -- remember almonds lead (in this dreamworld) to oligospermy -- epiphany. then gradual shift in scene, full of mountain vistas, and restaurants, like Baguio meets Chinatown meets Blade Runner meets Our Lives in Gardens. some ma'am, amalgam of ma'ams Sonia, Catap, Puzon, mad at letter written to her anonymous -- birdman that i am, take up the challenge: i look into letters and find two instant markers: handwriting and stationery. second first: by D. Kho. fly away to find him. especially famous because of smart brother or something. mad (in a proud way) he is so implicated, dangerous, feeling someone stole from him. brief period of flight and imagination. witness at cafe, Pat. Corn. writing to prove she's not the culprit. view the hand -- try to force her, yet lovingly, with her mad yet sweetened, and i a little turned on, to make handwriting more appropriate. realize her writing isn't so because her hand holds it wrong. again, tender force to write as she (normally) would, but cursive handwriting still not quite hers, but she is by i [sic] taken to be the culprit. she finally relents to it, as if she had been defeated (and clarifies, i remember, her intent to either demonize Ma'am Amalgam, or terrorize D. Kho) in a game. i fly away, contemplating whether or not to tattle. she asks how i fly. vague memories now, i show her a newspaper with articles on birds, something, --- awake.
she [Pat. Corn.] was a femme fatale, only she ain't [sic] fatal.

Again, this is posted more for posterity than anything else -- don't make anything out of this.

The End of the World

This world is weeping and gnashing of teeth --
I'm glad I'll see it end.
In fact, I cannot wait
so much I weep, and gnash my teeth.

on a certain singer's virtue

hands reach
breasts -- bare
eyes teach,
red -- hair,
night's stair

bulbuls:
stud's curds
sucked loose,
lost words
stuck -- loose

there is nothing about
her fascination with horses is
evinced by the horse in the background,

behind her, and the eradication of
all image, cat's face
her hair all warp like air were fabric to her

manly purple breast, long white legs,
and twelve peaks of trees, and white breast jumping
but the smudge four to six squares from the wall, as if she pursed her lips against the canvas

and , stitched, con tempt
leaping out of the page, a s if
she knew, she knows, her welter cat

Last edited:
To the Moon

to_the_moon-1936807.jpg

When we were six
and believed we wouldn't meet again,
we set the moon to be our rendezvous.

You told me you believed
the stars were distant beacons
lighting your way home. We were six:

they seemed like such little details,
growing up, falling in love.
And then we met again.

We married. We got jobs.
We saved up. Before you died
you tried to make me remember

by cutting your hair short
and buying an old lighthouse.
I tried to forget --

I joined the space program.
We landed on the moon
and left old age behind,

just as pneumonia struck
with gleaming shears.

from IISZ 2018

fragment from
The Seven Ravens, as recorded by the Brothers Grimm

And the good sister went onwards again, and she came unto the glass mountain.
The door was shut.
And she wished to rescue her brothers, and had no key to the glass mountain.
And suddenly she heard a whirring of wings, and a rushing through the air.
[They came, the seven ravens, her seven brothers.]
And they wanted to eat and drink, and looked for their little plates and glasses.
And a little dwarf came to meet her, and took a knife.

[Now the good sister went continually onwards.
She came to the sun, and devoured little children.
She ran to the moon, and said, I smell, I smell, the flesh of men.]
Thereupon the little dwarf carried the ravens' dinner in:
on seven little plates he carried it, and in seven little glasses.
And in the last little glass he dropped the ring, which the good sister had brought away with her.

And when the seventh came to the bottom of the glass, the ring rolled against his mouth.
It was a human mouth.
Then he looked at it, and saw that it belonged to his father and mother, and said,
God grant that our sister may be here:
and then we shall be free.

Last edited:
Time caught up with us

We went to the beach last Christmas,
felt the sand beneath our feet.

There were so many people last Christmas,
many of them foreigners,
few of them innocent.

My eyes searched for a familiar face,
my ears opened themselves to the heart's ancient rhythm:
New Year's eve at the buffet, we were sat by a certain English family,
one careless about their drink:
New Year's eve at the buffet, my ears were deafened
by the fireworks flying out of the horizon,
by the horns and toasts of the celebrants
my eyes were gouged out.

Time caught up with us,
just as the sand got everywhere:
my feet and my knees, my tongue and my nose,
my throat, my lungs, my heart.
The New Year's Sun rudely awakened us
and ordered us fly back to our native soil.

When our boat reached the pier by the airport,
when the first leg of our homeward journey ended
safely, even as waves had battered
our boat, we were greeted with a sign:
faces of terrorists, and below them a warning:
contact the police in case you knew anything.

When our plane landed on the tarmac,
when the last leg of our homeward journey ended
safely, even as the wind had rocked
our plane, we were greeted with a sign:
a certain local family, and below them an endorsement:
this Christmas, go to the beach
and become one with the sand.

Then and there I called the police,
then and there time overtook us:
I turned myself in.
And so I was ground into dust: and the wind stopped;
I was pressed into wine: and the waves halted.