The Woe

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ch0sen1

Original poster
No CS needed.
Read and jump in.
Woe can be misleading.
For fate doesn't know if she'll be seen again.

Write to your heart's content, and mind's desire.
She all but awaits you with a peace of the void.
No matter if you seek warmth, or if you seek fire.
She will be ready with a final power you cannot destroy.

There is meaning in this, as it appears an anomaly.
Only those who have seen her woe will grasp.
As everyone may come from all verses of astronomy.
They will all be directed...to one last path.

________________________________________________________________________________________

ch0sen1's last Hoo-rah.
________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________8172291_orig.jpg

The sun sets over a once bleak horizon, now filled with a new radiance of orange-gold to the sound of mildly clashing waters. The smooth rocks and cliffs overlook a beautiful seascape that stretched for miles. This was where rare would think to go. In a multiverse with magic, and cataclysm on a cosmic scale, there was a place outside of space and time, yet had it's own set of laws and rules. Depending on the experience of the subject, the waters would be raging to calm, the sky would be fiery to serene. Even the winds would be gale force under the tense circumstances of this ever-existing world that many seek to escape, but not her. For one woman, she finally found the calm. She didn't create it, but she did mold it and shape it. A hidden desire that came unknown to her yet known to the planes of existence. And now she looks unto a neon sky, never uttering a word. 34 tally marks are etched into her right forearm, and a gravestone etched into her left, her eyes skim over them. She smiles. Her light mocha skin glows to the sky, as she stands upright, tall and proud, her glasses reflecting off of the waters below. She'd been through battles no human would dare to comprehend. This was her secret. This was her vice, but it was also her light. The multiverse she knew of contained incredible people of power, and incredible stories, events, and beings. But the verse she hailed from was quite the opposite spectrum. Brutality at its finest, incredible powers that aimed to diminish expansion and tarnish the magic the she knew of. She lived in that verse. She LIVES in that verse. But unlike the inhabitants of the multiverse, apart from the ones who dwell in the void dimension in which is the source of all instance, she's ready to go back. One would learn this of her and think her mad, another would dismiss her altogether.

But she is ready. The woe can be misleading. She knows the one secret others reject.

Her curly hair blows gently in the wind, as she hears the arrival of someone....or something behind her.

"Ch0sen1."
"Don't go by that name anymore."
"You finally figured it out it seems."
"Seems like an eternity I've been out there. To be here...to go back, it's just weird."
"It has been an eternity, every day is an eternity. I see the tally marks on your arm...you miss them?"
"Every day, but not at all."
"And the gravestone...he would be proud."
"That I know."
"So, what happens now, Haven?"
"That's up to them now isn't it? I found what I was looking for. I've made it. All I have to do is wait. Should some things try to happen in the meantime, well..."
"Leave the moniker, but never the power behind it eh?"
"Some may come seeking wisdom, some may come seeking closure, heck some may come wanting to settle a score. I'm at peace with the inevitable."
"How much longer?"

"2 Days."

Strolling along through the brightly illuminated city street, the bustling noises of the city echoed around him. A familiar tune played in his earbuds, forcing him to bounce his head casually to the beat as he walked in-tune with the lyrics.

Although his lips did not move, he was singing louder then anyone had sung before... In his head, that is.

"A very good friend of mine~

Told me something the other day!

I'd like to pass it onto you, because I believe what he said to be true!

'Said we're here for a good time! Not a long time!

So have a good time! The sun can't shine everyday.

AND THE SUN IS SHININ~

In this raiiiiny city~

And the sun is SHININ~

Ooooh~

Isn't is a pity?

That every year, has its share of tears. Every now and then it's gotta raaaain~"

As he continued to walk down the street, bouncing along to the music, his eyes suddenly saw something move in the distance. It seemed like time had all but stopped for a moment and all traces of the song or of his life around him seemed to disappear. Suddenly, it was just him and the woman, who stared at him with a small grin on her face. He didn't quite know her name, nor did he recognize her from his daily life, but this woman certainly felt familiar to him.

He felt as if they had many adventures together, although not in this life. In one of many realities, they had once been college students struggling with the every-day responsibilities of a relationship while also maintaining a lifestyle of espionage as agents of the CIA. In another, he was swinging from buildings by strange strands of webbing while she flew overhead dressed in red and blue, lasers shooting from her eyes; a true Supergirl. Then, he and this woman were positioned atop a dark rooftop staring down at the gothic-city. He wore a blue and black suit of armour while she wore a dark cloak and seemed to radiate with demonic powers. Then, the man saw the end of the world; an alien invasion! He once again saw himself and the woman rushing away from the chaos, dashing through the streets while the alien invaders tore apart their city.

But those were only a few of their adventures together. The man didn't know the woman as she was in this life, but in the worlds they had built and the stories they told, she had always been a good friend of his. He regretted never being able to properly say how the story would end, but then again... Sometimes it was better not to know the ending.

Much like the other stories they had told together, the story of the time they met would soon end as well. This woman was about to go back into her world, to continue her life and start a new. But there was one last opportunity to say goodbye, one final hurrah for them before the curtain closed.

Taking out his headphones, the man strolled over to the woman and smiled. He extended her his hand and shook it in a final act of friendship before pulling her into a hug.

Rather then say something cliche like 'have a good life' or 'best of luck with the future', he decided to do something a bit more... Him.

So, he began to sing in a lighthearted voice, remembering the stories they had told.

"Don't you... Forget about me.

Don't don't don't don't.

Don't you... Forget about me..."

He closed his eyes as he sung, patting her on the back supportively so she knew that he was thankful for the times they shared crafting their adventures and laughing about nonsense. But when he opened his eyes, the woman was gone. Letting out a quiet breath, the man looked up to the sky and smiled. Tipping an imaginary hat, he said;

"Later, Haven. Thanks for being an awesome writing partner."

And with that, he walked away, glad to have said goodbye and wished her all the best in life before it was too late.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Strolling along through the brightly illuminated city street, the bustling noises of the city echoed around him. A familiar tune played in his earbuds, forcing him to bounce his head casually to the beat as he walked in-tune with the lyrics.

Although his lips did not move, he was singing louder then anyone had sung before... In his head, that is.

"A very good friend of mine~

Told me something the other day!

I'd like to pass it onto you, because I believe what he said to be true!

'Said we're here for a good time! Not a long time!

So have a good time! The sun can't shine everyday.

AND THE SUN IS SHININ~

In this raiiiiny city~

And the sun is SHININ~

Ooooh~

Isn't is a pity?

That every year, has its share of tears. Every now and then it's gotta raaaain~"

As he continued to walk down the street, bouncing along to the music, his eyes suddenly saw something move in the distance. It seemed like time had all but stopped for a moment and all traces of the song or of his life around him seemed to disappear. Suddenly, it was just him and the woman, who stared at him with a small grin on her face. He didn't quite know her name, nor did he recognize her from his daily life, but this woman certainly felt familiar to him.

He felt as if they had many adventures together, although not in this life. In one of many realities, they had once been college students struggling with the every-day responsibilities of a relationship while also maintaining a lifestyle of espionage as agents of the CIA. In another, he was swinging from buildings by strange strands of webbing while she flew overhead dressed in red and blue, lasers shooting from her eyes; a true Supergirl. Then, he and this woman were positioned atop a dark rooftop staring down at the gothic-city. He wore a blue and black suit of armour while she wore a dark cloak and seemed to radiate with demonic powers. Then, the man saw the end of the world; an alien invasion! He once again saw himself and the woman rushing away from the chaos, dashing through the streets while the alien invaders tore apart their city.

But those were only a few of their adventures together. The man didn't know the woman as she was in this life, but in the worlds they had built and the stories they told, she had always been a good friend of his. He regretted never being able to properly say how the story would end, but then again... Sometimes it was better not to know the ending.

Much like the other stories they had told together, the story of the time they met would soon end as well. This woman was about to go back into her world, to continue her life and start a new. But there was one last opportunity to say goodbye, one final hurrah for them before the curtain closed.

Taking out his headphones, the man strolled over to the woman and smiled. He extended her his hand and shook it in a final act of friendship before pulling her into a hug.

Rather then say something cliche like 'have a good life' or 'best of luck with the future', he decided to do something a bit more... Him.

So, he began to sing in a lighthearted voice, remembering the stories they had told.

"Don't you... Forget about me.

Don't don't don't don't.

Don't you... Forget about me..."

He closed his eyes as he sung, patting her on the back supportively so she knew that he was thankful for the times they shared crafting their adventures and laughing about nonsense. But when he opened his eyes, the woman was gone. Letting out a quiet breath, the man looked up to the sky and smiled. Tipping an imaginary hat, he said;

"Later, Haven. Thanks for being an awesome writing partner."

And with that, he walked away, glad to have said goodbye and wished her all the best in life before it was too late.

"Your 2 days are up already."
"Dude, I've only been relaxing here for a few moments."
"That's how it always is, isn't it?"
"Ugh. I don't want to go."
"Yes you do."
"Sigh....yes, I do."
"But someone wants to see you...and he doesn't even know it."

The peaceful and eternal beach forms a portal, overlooking a very well-lit and festive city. Through the portal Haven eyes one person from all the rest that brings a warm smile to her face, and a warmth in her heart. She steps through to lock onto this person, as his listening to his music with his headphones in only a way that would be him makes her involuntarily grin. And then he catches her eyes, and all the phenomena of the multiverse floods his brain for the temporary moments he would know them, and know her for who she really is. He would see a sequence of events, and after she was gone they will be but vivid dreams to him, but he would always know her; in all their greatest adventures, she was always the woman he sees now. He comes over and extends his hand, to which she looked at him funny, becoming more pleased when he pulled her into a hug. He then begin to sing to her in a lighthearted voice. Of course he did. The singing in nature was goofy, but the connection brought tears to her eyes, a sort of sad peace about the path that had to be taken. She felt the pats on her back and squeezed him tighter as the tears came down.

'I'll never forget you, that's impossible.' She thought to herself. She opened her mouth to speak, but she opened her eyes to the beach once more.

"Time's up."
^sniffles^ "You suck."
"I get that a lot."
"Please...take care of them. Look after them, teach them love and peace, show them the potential of their power. Show them the secret that you revealed to me in the end."
"Well, that's up them now isn't it, Ch0sen1?"
"I'm serious, Iwaku..."
"..very well."

And then the wind blew with the gale force of Hurricane Hugo, but yet Haven remained unbudged, in fact she felt lighter. A bright portal opens behind her, flashing a brilliant gold and white into her eyes. She couldn't help but cry and smile at the same time. Out of the portal came a very handsome man, with dark hair and coffee brown eyes, he was hand in hand with a child. The child looked at Haven with the most gorgeous face anyone could comprehend to see. The Iwaku entity touches her shoulder and for the first time in literally an eternity, it smiles.

"Go."

Haven nods and walks with fervor towards her newfound strength, her old powers of a multiverse vanishing with every step. But with every step, also gaining the power she'd always sought to take on the place of void that exists from the planes of this reality. She approached the man and child, with both of them saying nothing, simply smiling. She looks back at Iwaku, to see the entity gone. In its place were a crowd of people, including Mr. Headphones smiling at her. She'd always know him as Sora, and in some ways, he brought out the Kairi in her. With him were a multitude of others, lifelong friends that she would cherish and never forget. The adventures they shared would too seems like a crazy dream to them, but they would all be connected through her. They were all smiling at her as well, waving her one last goodbye. As Haven looked back, she felt a tiny hand slip into hers, looking down to see her child smiling up at her. An entire future looking up to her, full of potential and power. That's when she knew. It really was time to go. Out of all the things she could say that could be profound, or intellectual. She recently learned to KISS. Keep it simple, sexy. With her tears flowing but with yet a brilliant smile, she spoke.

"Be good, and make good. I love you all, and thank you."

With that, she takes her other half's hand and steps through the radiant portal, with the words and chatter, pictures and scenes of her entire eternity here in this multiverse playing on a rapid loop. She came to the summation of unconditional emotion. The beach and the peaceful plane begin to morph into darkness, with the waving spirits fading away gradually, and right before the portal closed for good, Haven's child spoke.

Child: "I'm hungry."
"You just had to ruin it, didn't you...?"

---------------------------------------------------------------
End.

Thank you.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.