The War of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aleistar was well into the woods when he stopped, unable to run any longer. Slowing to a stop, he rested a bit. Once he was ready, he began walking in the direction he had seen Lega disappear to. All the while, Failen was mumbling to himself, making quips about the jostling and the antidote. He found Lega's trail, following it, trying to find her home.

Meanwhile, Seron had sent his soldiers to scour the forest, staying behind in the town, to try to find that human girl again. She might mean enough to Failen for give himself up. He was soft like that. Soft enough to put a human peasant's life before his own. Striding down the road, he found her near the market. Drawing his knife, he raced towards her, swiftly grabbing her and pressing the dagger to her throat. "Come along, girl," he said. He nodded to his knight for him to watch his back. "Let's go find my baby brother, shall we?"

Aine immediately started to struggle. "Let go of me, you bastard!" She could feel the knife scratching at her skin, but she had bigger problems. She couldn't let him use her to get to Failen. She had to keep them away from the two. She was just a smith. She wasn't worth as much as the prince.

Soon Elga found the two and dropped her things when she saw her daughter being held by some strange man at knifepoint. She was not happy and clearly showed that as she yelled, "Let go of my daughter you son of a bitch." Elga ran at the man, ready to defend her daughter if need be.

"Mum, no!" Aine struggled harder. Her mother was going to die. Her mother was going to die and it would be all her fault. She had to get away and keep her safe.

"Don't talk about Failen's mother like that. He was her favorite, after all." Seron smirked at the woman, nodding to his knight to apprehend her. Meanwhile, he led Aine away, making for the treeline. "Come along, you human whore. My brother is soft enough that he'd let himself die before he'd let some human.

Once they were inside the forest, Seron called, "Failen! I've got your bitch right here! Come out here peacefully and I won't kill her. Don't try my patience any longer!" He had been searching for his brother for five weeks now, and he didn't want to wait any longer.

The knight had stepped before the older woman, blocking her from approaching the prince any more. "'S long as Failen behaves himself, the girl won't be harmed. I only haven't killed you because I refuse to kill women and children. But if you force my hand, it is your own fault. Now, just calm down and return to your home. This is a matter of the Elven Kingdom, and should be dealt with promptly."

Aine scoffed at him calling. "He's not going to come out." She continued to struggle as she brought out her own little knife slowly, hoping to the gods above that he didn't notice. "He's smarter than that." She waited until she was sure Seron was distracted then stabbed the man's hand, quickly moving to make a run for it.

"I don't care what Elvish business you two 'ave! That is my daughter at knife point and I will be damned if she gets 'urt." Elga moved to run past the knight, wanting to keep her little blacksmith safe. She wouldn't lose her daughter like she lost her husband. That simply was not going to happen.

Last edited:
Seron cursed as his hand was stabbed, clutching at it as the woman ran off into the forest.

Failen was mostly lucid now, and upon hearing his brother's calls, pushed himself away from Aleistar, though he still needed his help to stand. He moved towards the voice, and was soon standing before the elven king. Seron smirked, obviously pleased with himself, even though he didn't have a hostage anymore and his hand was bleeding.

"I'll go without a fight...Just don't hurt these people anymore." He stepped forwards, barely able to walk without the knight's help. Seron smirked and whistled, and soon a guard was with them, bearing a length of rope. Once they reached the horses, the rope would be exchanged for shackles, and Failen would go to his death. Failen gave a look to Aleistar, biting the inside of his cheek worriedly. Everything will be fine, he told himself.

((sorry I didn't post! I could've sworn I did!))

Last edited by a moderator:
As Aine ran, she hoped that Failen didn't go to Seron... She was surprised when she nearly stumbled onto the group and quickly hid. She was defenseless, only having a small knife. The man had a guard and she doubted Aleistar would do anything if his prince was in danger. If she could just maybe injure the man that was after Failen... Maybe then... She inched closer with her knife, waiting for the right opportunity. She hoped to the guards above that she was doing the right thing. After finding Seron's back to her and the guard distracted, she attacked. The knife was recently sharpened as she stabbed into the man's back, unsure of where she was hitting or what she was really doing. All that was on her mind was save the two elves.

Back in the town, Elga continued to be difficult. She tried her hardest to get past the knight, who kept pushing her back. She finally hit the knight, causing a sudden hush among the crowd. The poor woman was a dead man. That was for sure.

Seron shouted out as a piercing pain bloomed from his left shoulder. His guard took the knife out, grabbing at Aine and pulling her by her hair. He held a knife to her throat, much less merciful than the guard dealing with Elga. Whatever his king commanded, he would do. Seron, reaching behind him to cloth at the stab wound, shouted at Failen, "Stop this, Failen. Come with me or the girl dies!" Bowing his head, the prince approached Seron, refusing to look at Aine or his brother.

The soldier with Aine went deathly silent as the woman, an hit him. He gritted his teeth, his mouth firming into a straight line. He reached out and grabbed her wrist, forcing her to walk away towards the town. "Do you have a death wish?" he asked, his anger oozing off of him.

"Gods above, damn you snakes to the deepest pits of 'ell. If these two are really some gods damned criminals then your saints must be the lowest of the low!" Aine shouted, struggling against the knight. "You 'ave no jurisdiction in 'uman lands! You should contact the bloody king if criminals were really in our lands! Damn swine!" She struggled and cursed. She had to do something! Failen didn't deserve this! What could she do? What could she do...

Elga struggled and shouted for her daughter, her precious baby girl. She knew Aine was in trouble. It was likely when her little treasure found something she wanted to protect. The woman pulled at the soldier's hand, hitting it in hopes that he would let go, let her go to her child. She needed to see her little girl.

Seron smirked. "They've not old you?" he asked, chuckling. "Well, I will. My brother Failen is brother to the king of our kingdom: me. Only his knight is a criminal. He kidnapped the prince, dragging him across the country for gods know how long. Failen is just returning home to receive what he must. As we're twins, there is speculation on which of us were born first. I was as, but our people won't believe that until Failen is dead. Isn't that right?" Failen, ashamed of being found out like this, turned his head from Aine.

The soldier eventually tied Elga up, using a rope that he secured to a sturdy post. "Now, you'll wait here like a good human until the princes return. Alright?"

Aine was quieted for a bit. She knew that Failen was important but... a prince? She felt betrayed and useless when she noticed Lega, readying poison darts as she hid in the trees. She motioned for Aine to continue to stall for as much time as she could. "Well then you're the shittiest king I've seen! You left your people for your brother, who could 'ave just died in the wilderness 'ad you left him there long enough only to come back to a kingdom that could 'ave been taken over! Who would rule the kingdom then? Not you! And you're 'arming an innocent of another kingdom! That will start a war if you aren't too careful!" She ranted, pulling against the guard to get away and help Failen.

Elga refused to be quiet, screaming at the guard. "You damn guards are all the same! You killed my 'usband because 'e 'appened to make weapons! Now you'll kill my daughter, my only child, because you brought your damn problems to the 'uman kingdom!" She struggled against the rope, in near hysterics.

Hearing her words, Seron narrowed his eyes before smacking her across the face, his expression too calm and collected. "The only way I'm king is if I prove that I was born before my brother or Failen is dead. If I had left him to die, he might have lived, and could come back to dethrone me. But I didn't think an uneducated human like yourself would ever understand the dealings of my country." He faced Failen. "Come, brother," he said. "I've found a perfect place for you, just across the border." Failen knew exactly what he meant, but he wasn't going to let Seron kill all of the villagers.

"Go find your mother," Failen said softly to Aine. Glancing at Aleistar, he said, "I relieve you, knight." He bowed his head slightly, indicating that he had now allowed Aleistar to leave his side and become his own man.

"You... You are a fucking idiot! Both of you! I'm not worth your life! 'Ow dare you think I'm anywhere near what you are!" Aine yelled out as she felt a few tears come to her eyes. The doctor was getting into position. "Why 'aven't you killed me yet, king? I'm obviously overstepping my bounds. I'm a blacksmith, I literrally only 'ave one person who gives a damn if I live. She can get over it." The human was shocked when the guard holding her suddenly fell limp. A dart was sticking out of his unprotected neck. Another dart hit Seron, causing his body to become limp and his mind to shut down.

Lega jumped down from the trees. "They will be like this for at least 72 hours. I will try to get them out of the area into a more remote place." She said, whistling for a reindeer who was pulling a sleigh. She put the two bodies onto the sleigh and sent it off. "Now, come with me. All three of you." She gestured for them to come with her.

Seron had begun to draw his sword as soon as the guard fell, but a dart hit him too quickly. As he fell, Failen shouted, thinking that he was dead. Still, as Lega arrived and explained, he grew pale. Sure, Seron had aimed to kill him, but he was still his brother. As they were told to follow her, Failen nodded solemnly before needing Aleistar to help him Stand again.

"Will...will he die?" Failen asked, fearful that he would lose his only sibling.

((Sorry for the short reply))

((It's fine. :) ))
Lega shook her head. "Of course not. It would take a thousand of these to kill him. Now hurry up." She started walking back to her home, expecting the three to follow her. Aine hesitated, unsure with her mother still in the town.

"But... My mum!" She protested, looking back. "She's probably still with a soldier..." Lega simply waved her hand and grabbed Aine, pulling the young girl along. The young ones were always so stubborn. "Stop! I need to get to 'er!"

"She will be fine, Aine. For now, you, the prince, the knight, and I need to get back to my home. I am not entirely sure the prince is fully healed and you will need some tea to calm yourself down, Miss Blacksmith." Lega said as she walked, not feeling very patient with these three. She was sure that once they were back home, everything would be fine.

Failen shook as Aleistar helped him follow Lega. Eventually, he needed to be carried, his weakened body still recovering from his illness. "How much farther?" The knight asked as they walked. "The prince needs to lie down and rest. He's...had a troubling day..."

As they passed beneath the boughs of a great oak tree, Aleistar sighed, feeling himself tiring. He needed to rest as well, before he collapsed, or worse. "Please, can we stop for a little?" he asked, his breathing heavy. "Failen is looking worse..." The young prince was now paler than ever, and his fever had come back full force. Without waiting for Lega to say so, he put down the prince, kneeling beside him and feeling how hot he was.

"What do I need to do?" he asked worriedly.

Aine was quick to kneel in front of the prince. "'Ere. I'll carry 'im to Lega's 'ouse. Keeping 'im out 'ere is only going to make things worsen for 'im. Right now, we need to get 'im in a bed with some covers." She looked over at Lega who simply nodded. The girl carefully took a hold of Failen before lifting him onto her back. She then started to run toward Lega's house since she had been there before and knew the way.

Lega stayed with the knight, tired herself but knew that she needed to rest.

Failen didn't like being carried by a girl, thinking that it was supposed to be the other way around, but he also knew that he had no choice. He was too weak to walk himself, and Aleistar was pushing himself too hard. Both of them needed rest.

After what felt like hours, they arrived at Lega's house, and Failen was set down on a bed, though swear still beaded his forehead.

Aleistar meanwhile, caught his breath, and tried to get the pounding in his head to stop. "Will he be okay?" he asked Lega.

"There you go..." She sighed as she grabbed a rag to wipe away the sweat. "I knew you were important, but a prince... I guess that explains a lot." She chuckled nervously as she made sure that Failen was comfortable. The house was small, but roomy as it had only a few rooms. Aine had been to the house a few times with her mom, but it was strange seeing it now.

Lega nodded at Aleistar's question. "He'll be fine, don't worry. For now, rest until we can get to safety." She took a bit to take a deep breath, relaxing her muscles as she waited for the knight to finish his rest.

Failen forced a smile and weakly replied, "Good thing I'm the handsomer of us, otherwise I'd have nothing going for me..." He paused before beginning to cough, bending his body a bit. When he had finished, he asked, "Could I have some water?"

After a while, the knight was ready to move again and got up, helping Lega to her feet with a smile. "They are probably wondering where we are," he said, following her while praying to the gods that the prince and Aine were okay.

"You also are a lot smarter than him." Aine said, shaking her head as she grabbed a glass and a water jug. She poured him a glass, handing it over to the man. "There you go... At least you aren't hallucinating like you were, but that's good." She took a quick glance around the house. Lega and Aleistar had better hurry up or she was going down to get them.

Lega nodded. "I will have to get you in for a checkup later." She said as she led him the rest of the way toward the house. While in the town, Elga was getting out of her ropes, watching as the guard ran off to get his prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.