The Trouble with Status

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I do look forward to it." She said, blushing hard. M'lady? He sure did know how to lay it on thick, didn't he? "I'll cover them in fruit if I have to, Ced." She promised with a grin. She looked at the guard, who had blatantly laughed at his remark. She didn't understand how the princess could dislike the idea of his eating pastries so much, but alas, it wasn't her place to judge.
She nodded eagerly. "But of course I'll make some for him!" She agreed, and then looked up at him for a moment. "I'll be there. We shall have a good time, I'm positive of that." She told him, and nodded again. "Have fun with your princess, Ced." She teased, and then stepped away from him slightly.

Cedric grinned as he mounted his horse. "I quite enjoy fruit actually, I might enjoy it more if it is covered in fruit." He murmured before nodding at her. "I'll try, though if I'm late I won't hear the end of it. At least my father will be happy, he likes the pastries as well when I sneak them to him. I think it will remind him of my mother, but in a good way. Have a safe night and spend it with your family. You will be free to visit them on Sundays, but you'll be surprised at how difficult it is to be away from them even for a week."
With that Cedric kicked his horse lightly so it would start galloping. "See you tomorrow!" He called before they continued, going out of sight from the house.

(If you want you could play the princess, or someone in the castle as well, that or we could skip to tomorrow when she comes)

(Would you prefer to skip to tomorrow?)

"I'll have to see what I can do about that fruit, then." She told him with a laugh, and found herself glad that she'd met this lad. Cedric was definitely a good man, and hopefully would prove to be an even better king. She didn't understand the princess having power over the king's eating habits, but she figured it would be best not to ask. "Well, then at least have a marginally good time considering the circumstances." She taunted, nodding at his suggestion. She would indeed spend her evening with her parents, and would definitely be quizzed on the recipes her mother made, day in and day out.
She watched as they disappeared from sight, and then returned into the house to a slew of questions, unable to find many real answers.

(Up to you, for me it could go either way)
Cedric's grin stayed on his face as they made their way back to the castle. "She's fun isn't she?" He asked to John as they were putting away the horses. Cedric liked doing most things himself; he hated relying on people to prepare everything for him. He grabbed one of the carrots from the bag on the wall and gave it to the horse he had been riding. She had done well today even though it had been boring.

(I'm going to skip)

The night had been spent with a lot of chat about what life would become with the new job and living quarters. Her father had made it very clear that she needed to keep the palace boys at arms length (mhm, ok) and that she should focus mostly on her work. Her mother said to enjoy herself and make good friends. Both had sound reasoning, but she had to guess she'd be taking her mother's advice.
The following morning she bathed and dressed in one of her favorite purple dresses, one with no dirty on the hem or snags in the fabric. She had to wonder if she'd be able to have much time to speak with Cedric once she lived in the castle. It wasn't her place to speak to him, for she'd be on par with a servant and him being a prince. Alas, that was something that should have been the least of her concern as she packed the last of her things to clear her room completely. On to a new part in her life, and time to approach the largest building in the surrounding area. The castle.
They arrived swiftly, needing only one horse to carry her things. They never were want for money, but they did prefer to live modestly rather than extravagantly, thus causing her to not own many material things.

Cedric had been restless all day. Last night his dad had actually smiled, something that had not happened since his mother past. His fiancé however was dissapointed at the addition to the castle kitchen, but did not say a word about it. To get back at Cedric however, she forced him to eat his entire dinner before having the chance to eat the pastry he had gotten earlier that day. Of course this meant that John had finished off most of the pastry and Cedric was only able to eat a small portion. Knowing that a woman who could make pastries all the time for him was the only thing that kept him going.

When he was informed that a few horses had been spotted Cedric immediately went to his position outside to greet them. Thankfully today he had only had some leftover paperwork to do and had finished before lunch. Cedric would be able to give a tour of the castle and make sure everything was set up to her liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.