The Shannon Lake Jumper: Open for New HERO!!

Phi Chisym

The ORIGINAL Phi-ADEMIC!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10 AM - 2 PM: It all depends on if I'm working, doing homework, or having family time.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Agender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Romantic Fanatic, some Steampunk, Apocalyptic settings, a bit of Viral, Anthro. I'm new to writing SciFi and Horror but not afraid to play. (I need the practice).

Not too big on History, but will play a Fantasy History based RP if I have the time to do the research. At this point, I'm deeply into Japanese History based stories.

Not very good at Military genres and not strong in writing out fight scenes, but will jump in the center of the storm to better myself.
THE SHANNON LAKE JUMPER

Looking for a new member to cover the position of The Hero. This has not been filled yet. Postings on here are old. Only pay attention to the first page, please.

This RP concept came from Oversoul, but we were never able to continue it. Since it is a really interesting concept, I'm returning it with a little more Humph to it.

winter-dance.jpg

A young woman is sitting on the icy edge of the Shannon Lake Bridge, contemplating her jump. Just as a man jogs by, she plummets to her death. He attempted to catch her, but was not fast enough. He jumps in to pull her body out of the freezing water; finding a pulse, he calls in to report the incident. Soon, she is rushed to the ICU, and the guy is left wondering what happens. He rides with them, suffering a few bumps and scrapes of his own, and finds himself staying by her side.

With no relatives coming to claim her, even though everyone knows Autum Pearson and her family since she's the star of the local college's state-bound women's volleyball team, the guy became the only person allowed to visit her while she remained in a coma for weeks. As a student of medicine, he knew that the simple act of talking to a comatose person can help awaken certain parts of the brain. He did anything and everything, to the amusement of the hospital staff, to keep Autum's mind stimulated.

He began to talk to her friends, coworkers and instructors about her, learning about her favorite music, books, TV shows, anything familiar to her he could use to help wake her up. That's when he began to learn that this woman was not the happiest person in the world, even though she appeared to be to others.

His one-sided connection to her seem to bring about strange daydreams about her throughout his daily life. He can be sitting at a coffee shop during lunch and suddenly see her walking down the street, smiling and waving to him like he's known her forever. They gave him the oddest feeling that she was trying to tell him something, show him things that he was missing...

After a month out, one day she began to show signs of improvement. And then a week after, she started to respond to stimulation - voices and touch. The news reports on the event had the entire town overjoyed that their college volleyball star would recover well.

Then, on the very night she actually woke up for the first time in two months, someone stowed in her room and attempted to murder her.

Now, the hero and a local police investigator are trying to understand why Autum tried to commit suicide in the first place, and why someone out there didn't want her to wake up. Unfortunately, Autum has no memory of hardly anything once she was alert, and literally has to be retaught the basics of living.

The hero everyone knows, who helped Autum wake up, is now her voice, her protector, and her investigator. His pledge to help this young woman will lead him into a dangerous underground trade hidden in this simple, small town; one that will take him to places he never knew existed.

This is a small town setting in the heart of winter - December, heading towards the New Year. Everyone knows everyone there; like one big happy family. Unfortunately, there are a few black sheep, and Autum's family is one of them. But regardless of her home life, Autum has been the brightest star hovering above it all....or so people thought....

Autum (Phi Chisym)

I will need a
Hero (Open Charrie)
, the doctor who rescues her. He is new in town, just transferred there from the hospital he was a resident in from up state about three months ago. So, he only knows a few people, and he has no clue about the 'town misfits' or 'gossip-makers'. But, he will.

An
Investigator (Still Reserved for Jack Shade) from the police department who's just far too serious about his job. He knows everyone, of course, even those who thought they were invisible.

Autum's friends, co-workers, ex-boyfriend - are NPCs for play. They are the actual gears that drive this story forward, the people the Hero will have to connect to in order to learn more about Autum. Together, they'll help him and the Investigator crack the biggest story that hit this town since...well, forever!

Autum's dead-beat mother, absent father, missing brothers
- these are all NPC's that will pop up from time to time, some less than others. They are the secondary driving force of this story. They will be questioned by the Hero and the Investigator about Autum's life and activities in the past month that they feel lead to her decision to commit suicide. If you are interested in running an NPC, let me know.

A few of the extras that have been mentioned:

Kelsea Sulbert
(Phi Chisym) - Autum's friend/co-worker at Cedar Hollow Dodge dealership. She is also a student at Béchamel College - Business Management Major.

The Baddie - This person is a prominent member of the town, but he runs a secret society that pretty much runs the town and pays for practically everything there. He is also my character, but he has members that are his hands doing all the work for him. If you want to run a member of this group, let me know. I'll send you some info that only you should know.

This RP will be a simple one, but deep. If all goes correctly, everything that the Hero and Investigator learns will lead them into the secrets Autum has held for eight months of her life - and shake this small town off its feet.

Re: The Shannon Lake Jumper

Autum Arianna Pearson
Age 22

Student at Béchamel College on an Early Student Intern Scholarship. She entered a year ahead, as a Sophomore rather than a freshman. After 6 years working to gain two Bachelors degrees (one in Business Management and the other in Computer Engineering), she's getting ready to graduate.

Worked at Cedar Hollow Dodge dealership as a receptionist – hoping to one day afford a Charger.

Lives at home with her mother (Shelley Pearson) who is secretly growing weed in her greenhouse, and two older brothers, Josh (32) and Derrick (27) who have been dealing with bad people and suddenly gone missing for about 8 months. There has been no missing person's report issued to the police.

Autum knows where they are, but doesn't care anymore about them, mainly because they've seem to have lost all concern and love for her. And she'll never forget it.

Appearance: 5'6", 132 lbs, her bright red hair is natural, as well as her ice blue eyes. She is very shapely and had nice muscle tone due to being a part of the Béchamel's Fighting Lady Eagles' Volleyball team. She's known as The Fire Bomb for her fiery serve. They would have been heading to State…but things will be taking a major turn today.

And her birthday, October 3rd, is only two weeks away...

Personality:
She's popular, but she would not agree with that title. She's a hard worker and deadly determined to make right anything she begins. She's spontaneous and prone to hanging at the lake with her friends, trying her hands at hiking, and learning all she can about the edible plants of the forest.

She enjoys nature and always seems to challenge herself against it, whether it is swimming to the island at the center of the Lake Monoeay and back with no partner, or living out in a tent in the woods with nothing more than a radio, a can of beanie weenies, and flint for starting a fire.

Her friend's call her a psychotic savant, but she's just determined to become a strong woman and avoid turning into her mother, who she feels is weak and pathetic. She fears nothing…and has a lot going for her.

So, what in the hell probed her into jumping over that bridge? Everyone says that she would be the one most likely to do something so - sporadic, so daredevilish… But, she had no reason to just end it all… Her life looked perfect enough to them.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/XxDIPx3xX/Absyinthe.jpg
Name:
Absyinthe Lee Walker

Absyinthe is a doctor working at the local hospital. He helps many of his patients recover from serious traumas.

Personality:
Absyinthe is kind and caring, he is willing to make is life at risk to help those he loves. He is very persistent and hard headed. He loves his job, friends, and family, and is very loyal to those he loves. He is determined to do thinks for the greater good. He loves to help his patients, and sometimes has the bad habit of datin gsome of his patients that he really has a connection with.

6'2 ; 195 LBS

[Hope this is good enough!]

Alright thank you! And If I have any ideas I will report back to you! :D

Oh, and the whole First-Person thing... I've done that for her, since she's not really going to be around all that much. You don't necessarily have to do First-Person, if you don't want. But, your charrie will be running the action throughout the entire RP, and if this was a book, the reader will be reading his thoughts. Nevertheless, you doing First or Third-person point of view won't be a biggy here.

Just didn't want you to assume I was wanting first person for everything.

Also, the NPC's I'm going to be throwing out will be in Third-Person. Their thoughts are not really irrelevant, it's the information that be probes out of them that is important.

Alright I have a question, :P so, is my character the guy who finds her and also the guy who helps her out? or...?

Your charrie, the doctor, is the one who - actually - comes across her sitting on the bridge, and instinctively realized what she was about to do and tried to stop her before she jumped. But, she dropped before he was able to reach her. He eventually pulls her out of the water and calls 911. He's taken to the hospital with her because, well, EMT's are not going to just let him walk away after jumping into a freezing lake....

Anywho, whatever reasons you create through him that seems to compel him to hang around the hospital with her (on his days off, or when he's not on shift, or whatever) is all you. Some deeper reason in him keeps him around her. Either a personal reason or emotion, or perhaps his natural concern for others that fed his pursuits to become a doctor keeps him around. Whatever his reasons, they're going to grow further and further when he gets to meet the people who come to visit her.

Her classmates, coaches, ex-boyfriend, people in the community who knows her and her family well.... eventually, he's going to learn from them about this girl's life (what they know of it), but his curiosity will begin to drive him mad, because her family never arrives to claim responsibility for her. Everyone in town knows why, but he's new and has no clue.

All of these things will cause something to evolve in him, however you see fit. And this evolution will drive him into finding out why she attempted to take her life in the first place. As far as he can see, her life was - perfect.

I'll see what I can do about the investigator when I'm out of work.

:( freelance work assignment eating my free time

Re: The Shannon Lake Jumper: Open for new Players

This RP is open again for new faces.

Not sure where -Amorous- has gone to, and fully understand, but it's been four weeks or so since the last posting in this story. So, in order to not lose this story AGAIN, I'm opening it up for someone else to take the position of THE HERO!

If you are interested in this charrie, or this story, then post in a template or a reservation for THE HERO.

If you choose to take over THE HERO, you may create your own charrie and run him as you wish.

I'm not giving up on this story, so come help me build thing thing up and let's see where it will take us.

Looking for a new member to cover the position of The Hero. This has not been filled yet. Postings on here are old. Only pay attention to the first page, please.

Last check on this RP...

I don't like ditching an RP. This had died because the other person involved had left the site.

If someone is willing to help me awaken this concept, then post an interest.