The Shadow of War (Heroes of Olympus based)

T

The Dapper Mog

Original poster
Prologue

They say hindsight is twenty-twenty. An expression that basically just means that the decisions you should have made are crystal clear. A true enough expression, I suppose. Of course, when you're a demigod, it's meaning takes on a whole new depth. A lifetime of choices, with so many tilting the balance of life and death. If you're lucky, only your own. Unfortunately for many of us, the attachments and bonds we forge with people become weakened links in the chains that are our lives. As I stand here now and regale you with the details of my life, marking the mistakes i've made, reliving my joyous moments and triumphs, lamenting mt various sorrows and failures, I hope you pay attention. Because you just never know what the future holds. Tomorrow you may find yourself surrounded by people and things you once considered myths, or, at the least, long since dead. Take to heart the mistakes I have made. Don't let yourself follow my footsteps. You may end up with everything you've ever wanted, only to realize that it wasn't what you truly wanted. Or, worse, you realize that in achieving it, you sacrificed so much more.

I suppose I should start at the beginning, right? Even the greatest of heroes was once a mere child, and I was no exception. So, let me tell you my story. How I became a legendary hero of the gods, and lost everything that gave that title meaning...​