BOOKS POSTING GAME The sentence to describe your love life

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Sorrelfur

Hufflepuff on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Modern, Slice of Life, Omegaverse, etc
So I'm not on tiktok very much and I think this trend might be old but I think everyone here would love it. Basically take the nearest book to you turn the page 30 and read the First sentence on the page. And that is your love life apparently. Bonus if you want to include what book it's from!

Mine is "Only the most desperate and most wealthy could consider it." 🥲

Book the Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered ladies by Alison Goodman

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Lyrikai
Mine starts partly into a sentence, but it is: "that he was spoiling his only good suit; that the girl smelled quite dreadful..."

The book is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Just plain rude

"Maybe he figured if he didn't do it, nobody would, or maybe he was just trying to give the reviewers a helping hand; I don't know."

- The Princess Bride by William Goldman

• Nice Execution!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way–in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

• Nice Execution!
"'Do nothing, Mister Dresden,' Marcone smiled." - The Dresden Files: Storm Front by Jim Butcher

xD Solid advice. Do nothing and love shall come to me.

Mine was
"There was still so much that could go wrong."

Ominous and concerning. Gee THANKS. I was trying to have a good day here and now I'm worried!

"A Character's class is one of his most defining features." uhm.....well....guess I should have expected that from Pathfinder 1st Ed. Player's handbook. I could try one of the crafting books nearby haha!

"Yes, when a man grows old he has heard so much that is strange there's little more that can surprise him."

- The Man Who Came Early, Poul Anderson

Certain innuendos relating to the story title aside, I suppose that's true. Not sure how it relates to love though, but that's time travel stories for you.

• Nice Execution!
This section contains the diagnostic criteria approved for routine clinical use along with the ICD-9-CM codes (ICD-10 Codes are shown parenthetically).

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition

"You aren't supposed to be in the yard next door," he scolded her as he slid out of his suit coat." - The House In The Cerulean Sea. By TJ KLUNE.

Yeah that checks out, Staying in my safe zone and miraculously love with stumble at my door eventually. xDDD

• Haha
Oh... so not cool :(

Attachments

• IMG_20240525_063959964 - Kopie.jpg
    IMG_20240525_063959964 - Kopie.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
"I'm sure you have lots of questions, but right now, I need you to come with me. Things here are a bit more dangerous than they seem." - Hidden Voices, Arcane Casebook 9, Dan Willis

Mine sounds like I'm going to be taken on a wild adventure. Plus I have someone who will protect me. I'm in!

• Bucket of Rainbows