The Sangruis Society

"Theoretically. Obviously we're not impervious to harm. Sunlight can kill me, as can a stake through the heart-- I would have thought that you'd want to know all of this the moment you were told of my condition. I want to be honest with you, Forrest. As does August. You ignoring the truth isn't wise. I know I'm the one in the family who everyone teases for being dim, but apparently that's contagious because you certainly aren't displaying a great deal of intelligence by refusing to discuss your own lover's vampirism--"

"I made some bread pudding for dessert, I wasn't sure what else to make for you. It may not go down so well after such a hearty meal - it's a rather stodgy dessert, I've heard, but try your best with it. I added lots of fresh cream and a few strawberries - again, difficult to come by this time of year, but I have my ways," grinned August as he entered the dining room with the dessert, setting it down for the human. He overheard the entire conversation, but wisely chose to ignore it - he didn't want to come down on anyone's side when he understood (and agreed with) Obediah, but wanted to also allow Forrest to take his time. It was much easier not commenting on it and saving himself the stress.

"Have you found a home in London yet?" He asked as he sipped on his champagne, grimacing at the taste of it without the blood mixed in but it was worth drinking if it made Forrest feel a little more at ease, as though he was dining with normal people. "Because I know a man in the property world who may be able to help you out. He's... breathing, Forrest; he's not like me or your brother. I'll certainly set you up with him, get you started on settling down properly here."

"We have yet to find anything permanent, no. I haven't really considered looking, what with everything going on. I would love somewhere nice, somewhere cozy and whatnot. I know I could never afford a nice home like the one back in the country, after all. I dont need much, really - just a bed, fireplace, a wash room and a kitchen. Granted, I say that before I even experience life without my privilege," he admitted with a chuckle before taking in the pudding, his brows raising.

"August, this isn't necessary," he urged with an apologetic smile. Taking another bite of the entree before cutting a piece of the bread pudding. Taking a gingerly bite, he nodded in approval. "I wish you all could eat this, I can't finish a whole roast. I can't how much you spent on this all, really. Now I'll have to take you out myself," he teased, his cheeks turning pink bashfully.

"Forrest, I have far too much money than one person needs. I've been wise when it comes to business investments. I've made it all myself, started from nothing, in fact. If I want to spend my hard-earned money on you, you ought to take it as a compliment. Besides, I'd have only spent the cash on some shoes, and there's really only so many pairs of a shoes one man can wear. So please, don't worry about me treating you - though I won't turn down the invite. Maybe you will have to take me somewhere in return. It'd be rude of me to decline such an offer," he purred before he could stop himself, resting his chin in his hands as his eyes lit up at the bashfulness. There was nothing he thought was cuter than Forrest's flustered reactions to flirtation, whether he was the one saying it or not.

"Now, really. You need a house. You can't spend your life in that hotel, as nice as it is. I'll get working with my friend, he'll cut you a deal if I asked him to. Hell, he'd give you a house for free; I can make him do that if I wished. I just know you're too stubborn to allow me to do that, but at least let me charm him into a discount? Property is expensive in London," he reminded as he let a finger trace the lace design of the tablecloth, frowning at the drops of blood staining the white fabric.

"...There's a beautiful townhouse that's recently come up for sale, I remember discussing it with a politician friend of mine. He's eager to snap the property up, as are more of the affluent men and woman here. It's gorgeous; newly built, characteristic Victorian design... I'd love you to take a look at it before someone gets there before you. You're a Crownfield, hm? You deserve somewhere fabulous in the city."

"Where is it?" He curiously questioned, his interest piqued at the mention. He wasn't assertive very often so to have someone else to take the effort to get him a home was a savior. Sipping his drink, he glanced over to his brother then back to August in excitement.

"That... gives me an idea, perhaps. I would like to discuss it with you in private, August. That can wait, after our meal." He explained, a brow raised briefly as his blush grew more red. "I would love to imagine what I could do In - with it. Perhaps you could give me a tour soon? I would enjoy spending my time with such lovely company."

"Kensington, of course. That's where most of the elite live; I imagine it's perfect for someone of your social standing. No less than you deserve, of course," he smiled, his mind already racing with the opportunities he had. Fashion was obviously his major passion in life, though interior design was definitely up there as one of his other hobbies - the Society's decor often went through an entire change every few years when he grew bored and wanted to challenge himself by redesigning the entire home. Having the chance to help Forrest decorate his new home made him far more excited than he knew he ought to be. There was the distinct chance that Isabelle would still be on the scene, and as exciting as it was to imagine himself getting involved with wallpaper designs and furniture choices, he doubted she would ever allow him to do such a thing if she was still around at that time.

He forced himself, therefore, not to get too carried away, forcing back his excitement as he sat further back in his chair, his eyes only lighting up again at the intriguing statement.

"An idea you want to propose to me? Oh, how... fascinating. We can wait until we're away from these two, of course. Can't have them knowing our private business, can we?" He tutted playfully, rolling his eyes to Obediah knew he was merely joking. "...I'm sure they'd leave us alone in peace if they could take a hint. Apparently they can't if I'm have to be so unsubtle and direct about it."

"That's rude, you know. Obediah and I are simply enjoying ourselves at a lovely dinner with a man I would one day love to be my brother - in - law," responded the eldest vampire with a crooked smirk, his head held in his hand. "Maybe in the future, I'm willing to wait as long as I need to. I fully expect it to happen and when it does, assuming that... things change, I would at least like to know Forrest enough to treat him like family, too." He explained with a dramatic sigh and a press to his forehead. He knew that the topic of immortality might scare Forrest and directly mentioning it wasn't ideal, he assumed, so skirting around it seemed like the best option. That being said, his words were true as he eventually took Obediah's hand in his affectionately.

"Perhaps. I'm sure our father will roll in his grave the day that happens," Forrest teased with his own meek smile. He had been pounded with harsh, religious ideology from his father which only helped aid in his anxiety towards being with a man but he was at least trying to loosen up and take in consideration how lovely it would be, even if a part of him screamed that the marriage was wrong and sacrilege. "I want you to be happy, Obediah. You too, by extension, Padraig."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I am happy, I think that's obvious," the younger brother replied, quietly pushing himself from his chair when it became obvious that August wanted to be alone with the human. "Come and visit soon, won't you? I'll... have this all under control soon enough so you won't have to be so... wary-- Oh, ignore me, we shouldn't get into all of that. Enjoy the rest of your evening. All August wants is to be alone with you and I suppose I'd best oblige."

"...You can stay if you'd like, I'm not selfish enough to keep your brother entirely to myself," the elder vampire smiled, only to let the expression grow when the two finally left the room, his words clearly contradicting the desperate attempts to motion them upstairs. He didn't want to be alone with the human because he thought there was a chance they would do something intimate - he was more than happy just soaking up his company, which he felt he could do far more easily without the others in the room, observing them and making jokes.

He could appreciate the teases now and then, but not when he wanted to end the evening on a high, possibly with a more romantic, intimate atmosphere only obtained by him and Forrest being left alone to encourage it.

"So, what is this idea you've been struck with?" He murmured curiously, returning to his champagne. "And why did you need privacy to state it? The anticipation is killing me, Forrest~"

Last edited:
"Well, I... suppose I just wanted to be alone with you," he admitted once he heard the footsteps trail up the stairs. Once he was sure they were gone, Forrest dared to take August's hand. "What happened last night was... it was strange, I will admit, but it was lovely. A good portion of my money is going towards Isabelle but I'm willing to at least pay you for the meal. You've treated me so well, better than anyone I've ever met. I just... I can't thank you enough but I want to." He urged, his hands fiddling with the vampire's with a shy smile.

"I would love to give to Paris with you, August. You're lovely company, you're so sophisticated and articulate. I can't see myself falling for any other man, that's now... amazing you are. I'm sorry that this is all so new to me. I know my brother is frustrated with me and I'm scared but... I'm willing to open up to you."

"It's not my place to rush you. Nobody should be forcing you through this, Forrest; I apologise if I have been a little impatient because that's... wrong of me. I sometimes lose sight and forget that not everyone is as uncaring as I am regarding what people think of me, as well as forgetting that... being a vampire is hardly normal. I've been this way for decades, a century even. I'm so used to being like this and living amongst others like me that I forget it's really not the norm," he laughed, entwining their fingers casually as his other hand continued to support his head, a dreamy smile appearing as he spent several seconds simply soaking in how handsome the other was.

"...Paris will be fantastic, I promise you. By then, hopefully, you'll be a little less scared of this situation. You really don't need to worry about your life, Forrest, I can assure you. All you need to focus on is you: getting a house, finding yourself some fabulous job, ensuring your wife doesn't find out about us. Of course, selfishly, I'd love you to focus on me too, but I'm wise enough to know that all this secrecy means you might not be around here every day. As long as you spare some time for me in your schedule, I'd be appreciative-- we'll see each other tomorrow, of course. For the house tour. Three days of seeing you in a row is wonderful."

"I know I ought to be resilient to compliments but I can't say that's true," he admitted with his own bashful chuckle, especially when he noticed just how intently August focused on him. After his own pause, Forrest dared to sit up a bit and close the gap between them with a kiss, one that he was afraid to pull apart from.

"I'm sorry, I just... I needed to kiss you," he whispered once finally pulling away, keeping their noses close. He wouldn't say it yet but it was clear that, in the very least, Forrest was falling in love with August. In reality, it was more likely that he had already decided he loved the man and how they're soulmates. It wasn't often that Forrest fell in love but when he did, it was more than a little naive. Giving August's hand a kiss, he peered yo.

"... if you bit me, I wouldn't... turn into you, not immediately?" He curiously questioned with his face still covered by August's hand. "If you can promise me that'd then... then I would let you bite me."

Even though it was clear that Forrest was slowly becoming more comfortable, at least with his feelings towards August, the latter hadn't expected him to propose being fed from. It was something he hoped would come in the future, knowing that if he could feed from him without draining him, then it was all the more evidence that he loved him. He didn't need more evidence, having come to terms with the depth of his feelings, but it would at least be an additional point he could use to prove to others if his love was ever doubted.

Being offered that now was clearly a surprise to him, blinking several times as though he had imagined the entire thing. When it became clear that he hadn't, he let a smile grow on his lips.

"Oh, you don't need to do that for me yet, I'm happy waiting for whenever you're ready-- I'd love to, of course. I think it'd be rather romantic, having you offer a little blood for me like that, proving that you care enough for me to put yourself at risk. And of course you don't need to fear being turned, it won't happen from me biting you alone. You'd need to have my blood in your system as well, which will start the process. It's horrifically painful, I would never put anyone through it without their consent beforehand, so really, do not even stress about it," he chuckled, his eyes briefly taking into account how prominent the other's veins appeared to be along his wrist, though he knew it was his hunger making them appear that way. He had dined on blood that entire evening, so he wasn't ravenous, but there was nothing like fresh blood from a living human. As tempting as it was, however, he really didn't want to take the offer up immediately when he felt it came so out of the blue.

"...As much as I'd like to accept, I don't think you're entirely comfortable with vampirism yet, Forrest. I'd rather wait until you've come to terms; until you can actually discuss this all without physically grimacing and looking so terrified, hm?"

"Well, I just figured that there was no faster way to be comfortable with it than nipping the whole thing in the bud and just letting you bite me," he admitted, he himself being startled at the rejection. The way his brother acted, even after somecwine with blood, made him assume that all vampires were ravenous all the time. Offering an apologetic smile, he moved to adjust his collar appropriately, that being where he expected to be bit.

"As I said, I trust you. If you insist on not accepting my invitation, that is completely understandable. I just thought it would be a nice way to say thank you, for everything. Perhaps I'm not the best gift giver," he teased with a laugh, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "I do apologize, August. I'm making a fool of myself."

"Oh hush, you're not making a fool of yourself. If you're so insistent on giving me something, then I'd be a fool myself to turn you down, wouldn't I? If your gift is this, offering me a little of your blood, then I accept. I just wanted to ensure that you're thinking this through and not rushing, but... clearly you know your own mind better than I do," he nodded, biting his lip quietly as he contemplated whether to accept -as he was on the verge of doing- or turning him down, which would mean possibly going days or weeks before the offer next came up. If this was the only chance he would get for a while, he knew he'd be an idiot to turn it down, especially now the temptation was growing more and more at the thought of tasting his blood.

"...No, you're right. I did work my fingers to the bone today, I deserve a treat for all my hard work, and I can't think of anything more wonderful than this," he smiled, his dimples deepening the wider he did so. "Of course, I'd prefer to take it from your neck, I find that to be the most romantic and intimate way. But I imagine your wife would notice that more than if I bit your wrist, given you could always bandage that up and pretend you burned yourself on a candle or something. Now, I imagine that this will hurt you quite a bit-- or, contrarily, it might even be erotic. I've heard some humans find the sensation quite exhilarating and enjoyable."

Be"O-Oh, you're right! Smart thinking m," he replied quickly to the mention of his wife, his hand squeezing the vampire's tightly. He tried his best to forget about Isabelle when he was around August, desperately avoiding using her name in conversation. That being said, it couldn't be helped. With his face growing even redder, he nodded in confirmation before neatly rolling down his sleeve to offer, his veins being noticeable to even a human with his thin skin. Looking around the room to ensure neither Padraig nor his brother were in sight, he laid the free arm on the table.

"W-Well, since we've already gone over the romantic threshold last night, I wouldn't mind if things became... a bit more erotic. Be gentle with me, please?" He murmured, his meek smile curling a bit devious, pushing away the embarrassment he felt of remember his admittedly loud and passionate moans the night before.

Even though he had the urge to question the other again, to ensure that this was what he wanted, the vampire opted against that in the feat that the offer would be rescinded and he would lose out on the opportunity he felt he wouldn't get again for a while. What he did force himself to be was gentle - as clean and as organised as he was when he fed, he often wasn't too gentle with the humans he fed from, caring very little (if at all) for the pain they were ultimately enduring. The same couldn't be said right now, with August doing everything he could to ensure that he was being as gentle as possible - though ultimately, when his sharpened fangs were piercing the other's skin, there wasn't much he could do to avoid the pain that would come with it.

He did manage to pull away after a minute, however tempting it was to keep drinking. It was in his instincts to finish off a human until they were dead, and fighting against the burning desire to drain him dry was horrendously difficult - he had to fight away every natural urge screaming at him. it didn't help that the other's blood tasted much nicer to him than most humans he had come across. In his century-plus existence, he had fed from all sorts of people with all types of blood, yet Forrest's tasted much sweeter to him, whether that was because it was or just because he liked him so much, he didn't know.

"...Did that hurt too much? I can't remember how it felt to be bitten. I certainly remember the transitioning process, but not the actual bite itself," he murmured as he carefully took a napkin to wipe away the excess blood from his chin, knowing that licking his lips might be inappropriate. "You, uh-- you have no idea how hard it is for me to... stop feeding. Even a vampire as experienced I am struggle with it. But I managed it. Does that at least make you feel safer around me, knowing I can force away my urge because I care for you?"

He tried to keep his pain from the other but he couldn't hide it as well as he expected, cringing when he felt the harsh pain and clenching his fist. A slur even escaped his lips, which was rarely the case for someone who was raised as properly as he was. In the minute of silence, it didn't take much blood loss to make Forrest dizzy, his hand holding his head up for support. Once it was over, he avoided looking at the two holes now in his wrist and the bruises that already began to form.

Steadying himself in the chair, he offered a nervous smile but a smile nonetheless. The experience was... new to him, obviously, and a small part of him genuinely liked it. That wasn't enough to hide the initial shock and fear he felt.

"It wasn't too bad," he reassured, though the previous profanities were probably good evidence against that. "As for you stopping, that's... it's charming. I assumed it would be hard but not that hard. How... does it taste, exactly? My blood, obviously. Is it good? I mean, I hope I won't make you I'll."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Oh, it's fantastic, I... don't know how to explain it to you. You just don't understand what it's like until you're like me and crave it so much. Yours is sweet. It has that same metallic taste all blood has, but to me -to all vampires, I assume- it's delightful. I... well, I don't want to keep gushing about how tasty your blood is, it seems rather creepy," he snorted, forcing himself to smile without showing his teeth, deciding that, despite having fed from him and discussed his vampirism, the sight of his sharp teeth might tip the other over the edge. To avoid that, he took to speaking with his head to the side as if glancing somewhere else, or covering his mouth casually using his hand, only relaxing when he felt the sharp tips fade back to normal.

"I also can't explain what it's like craving blood. The hunger is... intense. It never goes away, no matter how experienced I am. It's always there, so stopping feeding is... it hurts. But I'm in control. Your brother isn't at that stage, that's why he's struggling and looks as ill as he does. Pat will probably take him out tomorrow, teach him how to feed without causing a messy scene," he smiled, easing himself out of the chair to collect the dirty plates, gesturing the human to follow him out to the kitchen. "Come on, let me bandage that up for you before you get back to your hotel room. I don't want Isabelle seeing it-- or anyone for that matter. It's not an easy thing to explain."

"It's sounds so implicated; so much effort," he replied quietly before getting up... only to have to sit back down. His anemia hadn't been diagnosed because very rarely did it become an issue bar the bruises he got easily. Being fed from was a unique experience, naturally.

"I'm sorry," he murmured after getting his bearings together. Getting to his feet again, he smiled. "I always get a bit dizzy when I lose blood. It hasn't happened often, thankfully, so... it's fine," he reassured, using the opportunity to hold onto August. "Perhaps you could fix me up in your bedroom? I need somewhere to sit, after all..."

"...Are you sure that's wise? I think we're both aware that I struggle to keep my hands off you, Forrest. Being in the comfort of my bedroom won't exactly help matters, and I'm not sure I want to... give into temptation when you're as weak as you are. I'd hate myself if you got even more light-headed or nauseous because I pushed you too far," he murmured, stopping by the door as he cast a concerned glance in the human's direction, taking in his peaky, pale complexion. He wanted nothing more than to show the other to his lavish bedroom with all his clothes and pieces of expensive jewellery - he especially wanted to show him his large king-size bed, but he had to avoid being selfish if it in any way encouraged the other's sudden dizziness.

"Your health is far more important to me than us rushing upstairs to have a little fun, hm? I intend to keep you in my life as long as you want me. We have plenty of opportunities for fun, and perhaps now isn't the right time when you look so... pale," he frowned, placing a hand to the other's forehead. "Gosh, you're actually burning up a little-- or maybe I'm so used to being cold all the time that you humans always feel like fire to me. Just come and have some water and let's bandage you up. If you're feeling better, I'll show you my bedroom. If not, we'll call it a night and meet tomorrow. Tonight was a success, regardless of whether we have sex or not."

"That's good to hear," he admitted with a deep sigh, his eyes briefly closing from the cold touch of August's hand. Grimacing at just how cold it was, he moved to set the hand in his, a bashful smile on his lips. He didn't know why he wanted to impress August so much; he was financially stable and well known amongst the upper class of England even though he had only been in its epicenter for a few days. If it weren't for his anxiety, he could probably find a job on his own without August's help and get a lovely home. The idea of doing so without August confused him.

"Alright, wrap me up," he insisted after a long pause. "It might make me look tough, huh? I know I'm not the most... filled out sort of person so perhaps I'll be treated with more respect now that I have a sign that I was hurt some way. I don't know - I never thought I would do that. I'm babbling now - you make me do that, you know."