The Sangruis Society

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Tomorrow sounds perfect. Tell you what, I'll even have food there for you if you arrive before you've had a chance to eat. I used to cook for your brother before his transformation, I'm rather skilled in the kitchen. If not, you can come and simply see Obediah, I'm sure he'll look forward to it. I guarantee your safety there, by the way. Nobody will hurt you. Obediah's the only one who's unskilled at self-control, and I doubt he'll harm you, so you'll be completely safe," he promised quickly, knowing that while his promise might remind the other of the danger he could feel he would be in, it was worth it in order to emphasise that he would be safe.

"...Pop along at any time you want. Preferably at nighttime. It's difficult opening the door to someone during the day; I'll just burn myself and the burns do take a few weeks to heal," he murmured with a quick glance to his own hand, the sunlight burn inflicted on him by Obediah's shove remaining unhealed as of yet. He turned away from that immediately, instead leaning across to kiss the other once more before offering him a playful nudge towards the door. "Go on. As hard as it is to tear yourself away from me, we'll meet up tomorrow and see what happens then."

"Maybe then you could explain to me why you're utterly enamored with me," Forrest dared to respond, his brows raised in his own flirtatious tone. He hadn't confidently flirted with anyone since he first met Isabelle since he didn't really need to. Their marriage has been established before they even met so he knew for certain that he would be with her, where the effort laid was in making sure it was worth it for the both of them.

"Well, I certainly hope I'll be given food, it's the least you could do for a guest. That is, of course, unless it's just a rouse to fatten me up and suck me dry," he snorted, his smile returning when offered the playful kiss. Once wrapped in his robe, he did obediently step back into the hallway. "I'll see you tonight; I will come up with some excuse to head out, perhaps give Isabelle some money to spend in the meantime," he whispered. "Good night, be safe."

"You don't need to tell me to be safe; it's you that should be on the look out. Humans are so fragile," he sighed dramatically, his eyes playfully rolling as he waited for the other to make his leave before sliding on the rest of his rings. He waited a moment or two before finally exiting the room himself, considerably more happier leaving the hotel than he was when he entered - he had never anticipated the night to go as well as it had done, and he was so surprised by it that he highly doubted anyone at the Society would believe him if he did open up. If it wasn't for the lovebites and the scratches lining his body, anyway.

He arrived back at the grand townhouse twenty minutes or so later, heading straight for one of the two kitchens. There was no need for a kitchen in the property when nobody had any need to eat, but it did come in handy for storing away blood. Not all of August's lovers became food, after all. Some remained alive, fully aware of what August was and eager to donate blood to him for whatever reason. He never understood it, but he also never argued - it saved him having to go through the trouble of burying a body, instead having regular donations. Sure, he still fed from the vein -there was nothing like that- but the donated blood came in handy when he was peckish and not in the mood to head out. It certainly came in handy now, pouring out some rich blood into a glass and mixing it with a healthy glug of champagne, that being his favourite drink - aside of blood alone, anyway.

"...I see you two finished up having your little reunion," he remarked upon seeing Obediah and Pat back in the main living room, smiling calmly as he trailed to one of the armchairs. "I can certainly see you had fun, anyway, you both never care to hide it. No matter, at least everything's back to normal."

"I like to think so," replied Obediah as he adjusted the collar of his shirt quietly, smiling in embarrassment when August, as bluntly as ever, called them out for their shared dishevelled appearances. "You, uh... weren't too long. That's good. I was worried things had gone dreadfully. My brother... is... protective of me at the moment, I worried he might have lost his temper with you."

"... you're a sneaky fellow, you know that?" Was Padraig's response from his chair, glancing up from his book with a raised brow. He immediately noticed the lovebites on the other man's neck even as far as his chair on the other side of the room. With his brows raising, he couldn't keep his grin at bay. Setting the book down, he motioned to the small bites.

"So you did it, huh? You convinced that old stick in the mud to make love? That means either your skills in temptation are genuine or Forrest is an idiot," he drawled teasingly, waving his hand with a snort. "I don't really see your obsession with him, he's nothing like Obediah," he reminded as his hand reached to massage the young vampire's head for emphasis.

"You slept with my brother? You-- oh. Goodness. I'm... surprised you talked him into that. He's not a... daring person, I can't imagine him taking a risk like this, I mean... Gosh. I'm thrilled, of course, for both of you, but... well. I struggle to actually believe it happened," laughed Obediah under his breath, his eyes finally drifting to the unsubtle marks, which he took as confirmation that Pat's hunch was the correct one.

"...Yes, well, he's not an idiot for sleeping with me, that's not a nice thing to say now, is it? And he's not a stick in the mud. He was fantastic, actually. By the end, just before we parted ways, he was teasing and flirting with me; full of confidence, brimming with it, in fact. We had fun together. He was adorably flustered at first, hesitant to go further than a kiss, but... well, I have my ways and evidently, you underestimate them," the other vampire responded, doing his best to keep the details watered down and simplified in Obediah's presence. If he wasn't in the room, there was no doubt in his mind that he'd be gossiping about everything with Padraig. For now, he was happy to settle with simply gushing about the event generally, and how happy it made both of them feel.

"He'll be coming around here tomorrow. He said it's to see you, Obediah, though I like to think he's paying a visit to see me too. I said I'd cook for him, so we'll need to fetch in some human food tomorrow, when the weather's overcast as I think it will be," he continued with a long sigh, easing off his shoes now he had no intention of venturing back out into the night again. "...He means a lot to me, Pat. Try and be nice to him, for both my and Obediah's sake."

"But why? No offense, Obediah, dear, but I've never seen you this doe-eyed over a man, not in decades," he pointed out critically before adjusting himself on the couch, sitting up straight now with intrigue. His wicked grin only grew larger.

"Oh, why are you being so bashful? You're usually so open with your relationships, August. What, are you really going soft on me? I'm sure Forrest did quite the opposite," he purred with wriggling eyebrows. "Perhaps I'll cover Obediah's wars but I'm curious."

"You're really quite dirty-minded sometimes, it's so uncouth," sighed Obediah with feigned pomposity, his quiet grin betraying that attempt as he eased himself from his chair. He would have happily listened to August spill the details if he had been with any other men besides his brother. Naturally he wasn't fond of overhearing those details, but he wouldn't begrudge his boyfriend that opportunity when, evidently, he was pretty eager to hear them.

Waiting for Obediah to politely make an exit under the excuse of fetching the half-full bottle of champagne for August, the latter took in Pat's excitement with a smile of his own, finally happy to be a little more open about the experience.

"He was wonderful, and I'm not exaggerating. He was a tad timid, a little awkward at times, but honestly, he was a natural. Obviously I took the lead, I couldn't put him under too much pressure, but I imagine he'll return the favour for me in the near future," he smirked, tapping his fingernails against the glass in his hand. "He's not muscular, but you know I've never been bothered with that sort of thing. You are, I'm well aware that you go mad for that sort of thing, but I'm not overly fussed-- especially not when that man is as handsome as he is. Have you seen his jawline? It's exquisite."

"Was he better than that cute French girl that you were with just a decade ago or so? She seemed fantastic... for a woman," he reminded with a shrug, and a roll of his eyes. "It's cute to see you gush over some boy, especially one as... alright as him. You're right about that jawline, though. Those Crownfield's have amazing genes," he purred, his eye glancing back to the doorway.

"I'm happy for you, nonetheless. I haven't seen you this happy in a long time, really. I never imagined he'd be as eager as he was, evidently," he noted, motioning lazily to the marks. "... did you bite him? Oh, I doubt."

"Oh, Matilda was really quite something, wasn't she? It's a shame she wouldn't move here permanently. I imagine she'd have been the first woman to join our Society; I was that enamoured with her. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. She loved Paris too much to bear leaving it. Fortunately for me, Forrest came along," he smiled, casually twirling a strand of hair inbetween his fingers. Comparing all the lovers he had had would take hours to do and, frankly, he barely remembered most of them. Only a select few remained memorable enough for him to remember their names and the time he had spent with them. Forrest would undoubtedly be one of them, though he was, August hoped, to be someone he would never have to watch drift from his life.

"...I didn't bite him. He'd be scared if I did that, wouldn't he? He may like me, but I imagine he's still coming to terms with vampirism and our existence, Pat. I'll leave him warm up to the idea over time before I even consider feeding from him. You're fortunate Obediah was up for the idea within, what? A mere week of being around us? Forrest, I imagine, will take his time, but that's fine. The fact he's even given me a chance after I murdered his mother is amazing; I can't complain about him not letting me have a little snack on his blood, can I? I'm selfish, but not that selfish."

"What's your plan for the wife?" He questioned in a hum, tapping his finger against his lips I'm curiosity. He realized he was growing peckisj for some wine himself, not to mention he was growing lonely already without Obediah at his side.

"She'll notice when her husband isn't around as often as usual, won't she? Then if she dares to go snooping, that could ruin everything. I'm sure you wouldnt want to ruin your new boy-toy's life completely, would you? Perhaps you would, you are pretty crazy. A good crazy, the kind who can seduce the son of the mother you murdered."

"...As I recall, you dealt the final blow that ended her life. If we're going to be pedantic, I'd say you killed her. Of course I'm happy to take the share of the blame, but don't put it all on me. I wasn't the only one who assisted in that murder, Padraig." August reminded quickly, his frown growing at the reminder, his eyes glancing up at Obediah as he re-entered the room to ensure he hadn't overheard that particular part of the conversation. He was satisfied that he hadn't within moments, Obediah's naive smile being all he needed to convince himself of it.

"From what I've gathered from Forrest, his wife can be easily distracted by shopping. I'd even be willing to give Forrest money to give to his wife to facilitate her shopping habit, as long as it keeps her distracted and thus aids my ongoing romance with her husband. I doubt it'll be too difficult," he snorted, waving off the question with ease. "If push comes to shove, then yes, of course I'd be willing to end her. Forrest might turn a blind eye to it; I can be very convincing."

"That will only last so long. Forrest is human and from what I can understand, they will eventually pass away. If you truly believe that Forrest is your one true love, I imagine you'd like to keep him by your side. All I will say is that you've quite a bit of drama on your hands, sweetheart," he drawled, his arms immediately wrapping around Obediah.

"I can help, if you'd like. It's sad, seeing that longing look in your eyes. You look like a lost puppy, so cute. Ideally what you could do is perhaps have that Isabelle perhaps fall for someone else, then you could comfort Forrest when she leaves him?" He suggested with a shrug. "It's overly complicated but everything you do is overly complicated, so... it's perfect."

"Killing her is a much simpler option for me, I won't lie. But I suppose that's too risky, isn't it? Honestly, say I went along with this convoluted plan of yours, do you know how difficult it will be finding a man to put up with her? She's needy and pushy and... looks can only do so much for a person. Her personality repulses me, as it would do most men. Forrest is a saint for dealing with her, though I suppose he has little choice," he sighed, kneading his knuckles into his temples to cure the slight headache he was getting from the sudden problem he was handed. He knew Isabelle would be a problem for him, but he had hoped not to worry about her just yet. Pat bringing her to his attention was helpful, and he was glad for the advice, but it did inevitably put a dampener on his spirits.

"...I suppose I won't introduce her to any of the others here. A vampire for her isn't the way to go. I... don't know, can we not discuss it? Honestly, she's so pathetically devoted to Forrest, I'm not even sure this plan would work - she's financially reliant upon him, isn't she? And he's a Crownfield; the cream of the crop in English society. She'd be mad to leave him."

"I'm sure she could be convinced if she was to go with a man as rich as my brother. She's needy, like you say. Find her someone who's willing to splash the cash on her and I'm sure she'll be tempted," shrugged Obediah as he rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder, his legs trailing across his lap. "...I want her away from my brother. Pat's plans often work out. I think we found that out when my mother was killed, hm? If that's anything to go by, I'm sure this plan will succeed to. You know men at the top of London's society; the plan's complicated, but not difficult."

"THe August I know is always up for a challenge, especially when it's for a lover," reminded Padraig with a cocky smirk and an equally as cocky laugh. Running a hand through his chestnut locks, he could only study August further in his plight. After a long, dramatic sigh, the former pirate offered a few kisses to Obediah's forehead affectionately. He would miss being able to enjoy the Crownfield's blood but it was a sacrifice he was more than willing to make to have his boyfriend by his side for eternity.

"Enjoy your time with him for now, of course. Perhaps slowly introduce him more and more to our way of life, get him to offer his blood, you know. If you're really desperate, you can always give him a little seducing, can't you?" He reminded with a teasing flutter of his fingers. "You're smart, don't forget that. Use that to your advantage."

"...I just don't want to push my luck and scare away the first person I've developed feelings for in decades, that's all. I'm up for a challenge, and there's nothing more challenging than finding his boring wife a partner, but when it comes to integrating Forrest into my lifestyle, the smallest of things might unnerve him and lose me a potential boyfriend. He's understandably nervous of me; of us. I'd hate to say or do the wrong thing and lose him, Pat." August explained as he took a glug from his blood and champagne cocktail, stirring what was left around in the glass to avoid looking over at the other men. He knew that this was the first time in decades that he had felt this strongly about someone, so while hesitance wasn't a characteristic of his that made it to the surface often, it was in full force to protect himself from losing someone he clearly adored.

"I'll figure it out. I'll find Isabelle someone and be there for Forrest when she leaves him. I'm also sure I can convince him in time to join us here. Nobody wants to get old, and I'm sure he'll agree to that, especially when he could remain young for eternity at my side. It's rather tempting, and he's no fool. A tad naive, but not an idiot."

"Or you could just give up and move on. I know you well enough to know you can't do that, huh?" He countered, his snarky smile softening when realizing just how truly desperate he was to have Forrest in his life. Sighing once again dramatically, he pinched his forehead before sitting up.

"I'll help you as much as possible, you know that. I don't think he likes me, not after the way Obediah has spoke of me, I imagine. You, on the other hand, have caught his eye so it's no surprise that he's a little more sensitive and open to you. You aren't my type but Forrest seems to be the type to fall for things that are different. You're more than a little different for some posh country boy, in my eyes."

"I'm not your type? That's rude. I was in such a good mood before I came in here talking to you. Now I'm having doubts put in my head over the potential of a relationship, have to deal with the problems you raised about Isabelle and you don't think I'm attractive? Remind me why we're best friends again?" August mumbled drily, ignoring the two as best he could for a moment. It was obviously difficult, knowing the person he wanted to be with was married and currently laying in bed beside someone else, and while he didn't want to let his longing impact him at the Society, taking Pat and Obediah's unsubtle affection for one another made things difficult. That was what he wanted, for Forrest to be at his side at all times, but, for the time being, he couldn't achieve it.

"...Just make sure that you're both here tomorrow night. The others are free to attend the Baron's dinner party if they wish, I know we're all invited. I'd just rather stay here and have a meal with Forrest, and I'd like you two to be here as well," he continued after forcing himself to smile, aware that he wouldn't have to wait too long for the human to be back in his life. "I'll even crack out that rare blood for the occasion; the one from the Duchess she kindly donated to me a few years ago. I've been waiting for the appropriate occasion to finally break it out; I'm sure you won't want to miss out on tasting that with me, hm?"

"Oh, relax!" Groaned Padraig once catching on to the other's bitterness, his head shaking. "I'm just teasing you. If anyone can make this work out, it's me... then you, you come second," he drawled, once again teasing to try and offer some sort of humor. He hated seeing August so seemingly defeated and hard on himself, especially when he knew the man to be confident. To be the one to slash at his best friend's confidence, he offered a genuine frown... only for it to perk up at the mention of the blood.

"Oh, of course. I imagine you don't plan on serving it to Forrest, do you? Though I know for a fact that it'll be a lovely treat for Obediah, as for me. This is just more proof of how much you care about this man, it's sweet. You're putting me to shame, in fact. It isn't fair. Now I'll have to go drain some high aristocrats blood and let it sit as well, what a bother."

"It really is making you look bad when it comes to romance. He's cracking open some vintage blood for this occasion. What have you ever done that's romantic, Pat?" Obediah questioned, lifting his head from its relaxed position to take in his boyfriend, only partially serious. If he genuinely wanted the other to be more romantic, he knew all he had to do was ask and Padraig would give it his best shot. Obediah, however, wasn't too bothered if his boyfriend didn't rush home at night with flowers and gifts - he was far happier for Pat to express his love by whisking him off to the bedroom every night.

"I'm joking, you're perfect," he clarified, easing back into his relaxed state with a hand on his forehead and his eyes closed, happy to soak up the peace - and the feeling of contentment after a healthy dose of blood. "You'll figure it out, together. I don't want to get involved too much or my brother might accuse me of meddling in his private life, which I'd like to avoid. I'll just let you two brainiacs work at it. Besides, we all know I'm not intelligent in the slightest; I'm best at sitting back and letting you two work it out."

"I'll do at ever you'd like me to do," Pat quickly replied, his joking tone dropping at the mere thought of perhaps not being as good of a boyfriend as he thought. He didn't take his feelings for the other likely, as was evident by just how emotional he had become at what he thought was a breakup.

"Either way, it'll be fine," he murmured with a sigh of relief, his eyes then landing back on the fireplace as he held Obediah close in a failed attempt for warmth. It was a miserable feeling, amongst others, but the cold only felt worse as the weather itself got colder.